Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Personally I love the turn around position. It serves multiple prepossess. First. How would she react if you were the one stringing her out on a limb? Are you sure of her emotional and physical attraction to you, if so how?
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:21 PM   #42
sara-bera

How Do You Identify?:
female

Thanked 2,859 Times in 739 Posts
sara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucollargrl View Post
I think I've met the love of my life, BUT she lives with her girlfriend due to finances. Don't want to lose her, but don't have her anyway. What to do, what to do.
I lived with my ex for a year after we ended the marriage because I literally had to start over (I really only had a paycheck to my name when I ended things and that was it). However, everyone knew he was my ex. He knew he was my ex. And of course, I also knew he was my ex. We slept on separate floors of the house and lived as roommates.

I only dated one person during that year and I'm not sure said person ever questioned anyone but me, but if he had, he would have heard clearly that my ex and I were over.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that sometimes there are reasons people have to continue living under the same roof for awhile after separating - lives are entwined and take some work to detangle... but, it's usually pretty clear when it's over, regardless. If you're questioning things, you might have very well have something to worry about.
sara-bera is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sara-bera For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #43
blucollargrl

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
never find another like her

blucollargrl Has the BEST Reputationblucollargrl Has the BEST Reputationblucollargrl Has the BEST Reputationblucollargrl Has the BEST Reputationblucollargrl Has the BEST Reputationblucollargrl Has the BEST Reputationblucollargrl Has the BEST Reputationblucollargrl Has the BEST Reputationblucollargrl Has the BEST Reputationblucollargrl Has the BEST Reputationblucollargrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default New Update.....and thanks for all of you're thoughts!

So winter here in the midwest might be a warm one, maybe even hot , after all. Good conversation with her tonight after much pondering on both our parts. She's scared, I'm scared, but we're going to give it a shot. We love each other and hopefully that's enough. Thanks again for you're thoughts. It is much appreciated.!!
Old 12-19-2011, 10:04 PM   #44
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hey Blu,

I've hand my challenges through out the years stemming from my first relationship and the effect that it has had on me over the years. I've had to work long and hard to get were I am today by working on myself before entering relationships. One relationship can turn your other relationships upside down. So choose wisely.

Sometimes if we take a step back and take a good hard look at what is with in ourselves, we find the answers we are looking for.

I personally think there is something with in you that you need to take a good hard look at before taking on this relationship. I believe there is some one better for you out there. I really don't think you want to get yourself into this thus you are asking for advice. I feel there is a part of you reaching out for help so to speak. I think you know the answer. It's as if you don't think there is anything better. Or maybe you think time is running out on your relationship clock? When we have to question if this relationship is right or if we can trust each other or not, or we continue to wonder whether they are truthful or not... it's time to look with in yourself and ask....

What am I doing??

Am I lonely?

Am I giving up on myself?

Am I asking the right questions, to get the answers "I" need?

Am I being gullible?

Why am I questioning her?

Am I being truthful with myself in my wants/needs?

and so on and so on......

The way I look at it is... you should look with in yourself not her.

~~just my two cents.. and babble!!

Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2011, 06:33 AM   #45
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
So winter here in the midwest might be a warm one, maybe even hot , after all. Good conversation with her tonight after much pondering on both our parts. She's scared, I'm scared, but we're going to give it a shot. We love each other and hopefully that's enough. Thanks again for you're thoughts. It is much appreciated.!!
So is she willing to come OUT with your relationship? Is she willing to let everyone know?

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2011, 07:48 AM   #46
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitaSink View Post
I lived with my ex for a year after we ended the marriage because I literally had to start over (I really only had a paycheck to my name when I ended things and that was it). However, everyone knew he was my ex. He knew he was my ex. And of course, I also knew he was my ex. We slept on separate floors of the house and lived as roommates.

I only dated one person during that year and I'm not sure said person ever questioned anyone but me, but if he had, he would have heard clearly that my ex and I were over.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that sometimes there are reasons people have to continue living under the same roof for awhile after separating - lives are entwined and take some work to detangle... but, it's usually pretty clear when it's over, regardless. If you're questioning things, you might have very well have something to worry about.

In a perfect world it shouldnt matter, however I would not jump into a relationship with someone who had an ex lurking about. I would spend time, get to know them and move very slow. There's just been too many bad situations I've encounter to just trust someone that much right off the bat.

I look around me and see so many people just jumping in and going full speed ahead. Whats the fucking hurry? The very worse thing you can do is base a relationship on passion and allowing the HIGH's to fuel you past common sense. When reality checks in it might be more then what your bargained for. Slow down, don't settle and nurture a friendship
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2011, 08:45 AM   #47
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
In a perfect world it shouldnt matter, however I would not jump into a relationship with someone who had an ex lurking about. I would spend time, get to know them and move very slow. There's just been too many bad situations I've encounter to just trust someone that much right off the bat.

I look around me and see so many people just jumping in and going full speed ahead. Whats the fucking hurry? The very worse thing you can do is base a relationship on passion and allowing the HIGH's to fuel you past common sense. When reality checks in it might be more then what your bargained for. Slow down, don't settle and nurture a friendship

This makes sense to me. Anyone still connected to an ex either by living arrangement, finances, emotions etc is not someone free to explore a relationship with another.

In my experience it takes time to heal and get back on ones feet. To try and circumvent this by jumping into another relationship does a disservice to all parties.

My general rule is a year of alone time before even considering getting involved. The head is clearer, the emotions are free, and involvement is a choice not a reactionary move to loss, lonliness etc.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2011, 11:44 AM   #48
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Blu Collar Read This Again :

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock View Post
I posted earlier before this new update, that since I don't know you or the other party, I didn't feel right making a generalization. However, after this update, I am going to add my two cents. It appears to me that you are going to stay no matter what advice is given. I am basing this assumption on a few phrases, such as, "she is a beautiful person" and "we have an intense emotional and physical chemistry". I would like to ask, if your connection is that intense, why is she interested in someone else? And, what exactly are you getting out of this relationship, other than the physical? She is keeping you a secret, she is interested in someone else, and she doesn't seem to have any regard for your feelings, until you tell her you are leaving. You mentioned that you want her to feel safe and know you will be there...what about her making YOU feel safe in the relationship? I'm sorry...but it seems to me that you are embarking on a toxic relationship.
PULL EJECT NOW
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2011, 12:14 PM   #49
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

This makes sense to me. Anyone still connected to an ex either by living arrangement, finances, emotions etc is not someone free to explore a relationship with another.

In my experience it takes time to heal and get back on ones feet. To try and circumvent this by jumping into another relationship does a disservice to all parties.

My general rule is a year of alone time before even considering getting involved. The head is clearer, the emotions are free, and involvement is a choice not a reactionary move to loss, lonliness etc.

Having been in this exact situation myself, I would have to agree with Kobi. I lived with my ex for almost a year after splitting up and it was one of the worst situations I have ever been in. It made sense at the time since neither of us could afford to break the lease and move, but in the end that exact situation happened so it was inevitable! I did tell the person I started dating about our situation but it still turned out to be messy and painful for everyone involved and I wouldn't recommend making the choices I did to anyone.

Even though I was VERY new to the gay dating world, and I made some pretty poor choices, I would now recommend the following:

1. slow down.

2. and then slow down even more.

3. do not, i repeat...DO NOT!!...move in with anyone until you are both single, have gotten to know each other in different situations over time, and are each living on your own, unattached to anyone else...both emotionally and physically.

...and most of all, don't pressure or feel pressured into anything. It's more than OK for anyone to ask for some personal time and space to figure out what is in your/their best interest. i know how it feels to be swept off your feet and want everything to happen FAST. it feels exciting and hopeful and wonderful...but if it is meant to be there shouldn't be any reason at all to rush things. be patient and know everything will work out the way it was meant to.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2011, 12:24 PM   #50
Dreams
In memory of

How Do You Identify?:
self proclaimed ruler of nekid monday's
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you..
Relationship Status:
busy..

Dreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST Reputation

*shaking my head*...

It is good to have an end to journey towards,
but it is the journey that matters in the end.
Ursula Le Guin
Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreams For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2011, 12:26 PM   #51
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

Each situation is unique. Other people can provide advice, share their experiences, which may influence your own. The trick is learning to find, listen and follow your inner voice. On a deeper level we all know what's right for us.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:33 PM   #52
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalinaRose View Post
...and most of all, don't pressure or feel pressured into anything. It's more than OK for anyone to ask for some personal time and space to figure out what is in your/their best interest. i know how it feels to be swept off your feet and want everything to happen FAST. it feels exciting and hopeful and wonderful...but if it is meant to be there shouldn't be any reason at all to rush things. be patient and know everything will work out the way it was meant to.
This exactly...
Old 12-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #53
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I appreciate you starting this thread. People have been there, done this. I hope you take the advice given here. It is good to get a 3rd party advice. People always say the heart knows what it knows. You cannot tell it how to feel. I'm glad you are having conversation about this with her. I do not agree that she is keeping you a secret from the world. The only thing I can think of is what you said is that you are both scared and maybe just starting to explore the start of a relationship. Give it a shot, give it time. Keep communicating about what you both want. Do not be a secret to the world though when you are ready to commit and she's not. Love is enough if that it is what it is buddy and hopefully for your sake she's just loving you. Good luck. Keep us posted and come back for more advice if you need to.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #54
blucollargrl

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

blucollargrl Has the BEST Reputationblucollargrl Has the BEST Reputationblucollargrl Has the BEST Reputationblucollargrl Has the BEST Reputationblucollargrl Has the BEST Reputationblucollargrl Has the BEST Reputationblucollargrl Has the BEST Reputationblucollargrl Has the BEST Reputationblucollargrl Has the BEST Reputationblucollargrl Has the BEST Reputationblucollargrl Has the BEST Reputation

I should have listened to some of the advice I received from this thread. I gave all I had and it wasn't enough. Tapped out emotionally and financially....not that I had a lot of money to begin with. Just sayin. A lesson well learned......don't give your heart to quickly or completely, especially when the other person is emotionally unavailable. It was all great advice, I just had to find out for myself I guess!!! Argghhhh!!
Old 01-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #55
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I should have listened to some of the advice I received from this thread. I gave all I had and it wasn't enough. Tapped out emotionally and financially....not that I had a lot of money to begin with. Just sayin. A lesson well learned......don't give your heart to quickly or completely, especially when the other person is emotionally unavailable. It was all great advice, I just had to find out for myself I guess!!! Argghhhh!!
{{{{{blu}}}}} i'm so sorry you got hurt.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #56
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Don't beat yourself up over stuff you can't control. Learn and grow from this and heal before you try again.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #57
blucollargrl

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

hugs are awesome!! Thanks!
Old 01-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #58
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,708 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

I agree with Corkey.

Sometimes even when great advice is given, if it is not what we want to hear, we go ahead and do what we want to do anyway.

Some lessons we need to learn for ourselves.

Don't beat yourself over it, just learn and grow from it.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #59
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

I'd like to put some emphasis on the heal part. Take some time to understand what happened and the why of it, including your part in it. Folks make the worst mistakes by jumping into relationships they just aren't ready for because they haven't taken the time to learn from the last one. . Its human nature to want to be paired up, in some form and fashion. Growing from the healing is so much easier and the lessons tend not to have to be repeated.
My.05
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #60
bitcrazy

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
All feminine pronouns
Relationship Status:
Single

bitcrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
__________________________________________________ _____________
My grandma used to tell me - the key to success in life is not making mistakes. You need to learn from your mistakes and be wise enough to avoid repeating them again. My $0.02. Good luck and may the new year bring a new tide in your life.
bitcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bitcrazy For This Useful Post: