Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 06-30-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Question What is up with children being murdered by their mothers?

I was thinking today about how many children recently have been missing, killed, or never found. And someone close to the "family" is found out to be the killer. It just rips out my heart and soul.

The first case that comes to mind is Caylee Anthony. Next is the Kyron Horman case. His step mother, Terri, is now barred from kids and firearms. Her husband & the father of Kyron is divorcing her.

What in the world is going on?

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
TheBellyBionic

How Do You Identify?:
She

TheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST Reputation

I actually have a theory about this. In the US, there is a *huge* amount of pressure put on women, especially straight women, to have and raise children. I know when I was a teenager and revealed to a few people that I had no interest in having children, I was told that if I'm not going to be a mother I might as well put a bullet in my head. Deciding not to have children is something that would never even occur to a lot of people. I know so many people who act as though parenthood were something that just happens and can't be prevented. That boils down to a whole lot of people having children they haven't planned for and don't really want. And most of the care of those children falls to the mother/stepmother. I would certainly never condone harming a child in any way, but I think we'd see a sharp drop in these kinds of cases if our society could just come to terms with the very simple fact that not everyone should have children. The maternal instinct doesn't always just kick in. The world would be a much better place if the only people having children were the ones who really, truly wanted them.
TheBellyBionic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheBellyBionic For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2010, 04:30 PM   #3
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I think it has always gone on, people are killed by the people closest to them.
So many pregnant women are killed, wives, mothers.....

I think we have more news coverage than we have ever had and Mothers killing their children get good ratings.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:33 PM   #4
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
I think it has always gone on, people are killed by the people closest to them.
So many pregnant women are killed, wives, mothers.....

I think we have more news coverage than we have ever had and Mothers killing their children get good ratings.
I agree

Violence and sex sells

Hell even this thread the way it is titled screams read me

So the media finds a juicy story and BAM we have Nancy Grace all up in that shit
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:

Tags
mothers who kill