Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 10-30-2011, 12:01 AM   #61
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,638 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default Running for life

Saturday afternoon I ran, not to exercise my body, but to run within
my love, and living memories of one of my Beloved sisters

running I have found to be a place, a quiet, and at times bittersweet
place to live my memories

while I'm not given to speaking about my personal life on these
so public forums tonight I have had to share my sadness, my fear
of loss

and while running I also celebrated my sister's life up to today

She is challenged by illness, but continues resilient as she has
been a power of example for us, her family.

So, I ran to stand tall, to stand by her, to stand in love for
her and all she is to us.

Running then this afternoon for me has been to expend my
fear, to find my courage to stand with my Beloved Sister
who has stood in strength through many challenges.

I don't know how far I ran this afternoon, it was more then
an hour a slow pace a pace of grace of feeling love full on

of running because I could for her for me for us.

Running can at times like these be a solace

a motion for finding courage when faced with fear

the motion of life of love and I am grateful

for running.

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2011, 05:13 AM   #62
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by greco View Post
Saturday afternoon I ran, not to exercise my body, but to run within
my love, and living memories of one of my Beloved sisters

Hi Greco. Thank you for sharing. Many people think that running is a loners activity. Just as you have illustrated, it is not. It enables us to open up mental/emotional channels
and connect with our vulnerabilities. Running is a martyrs
sport, at least it is for me. I think you did a wonderful job of dictating sensually, how it is for you.

Running then this afternoon for me has been to expend my
fear, to find my courage to stand with my Beloved Sister
who has stood in strength through many challenges.

I don't know how far I ran this afternoon, it was more then
an hour a slow pace a pace of grace of feeling love full on

of running because I could for her for me for us.

Running can at times like these be a solace

a motion for finding courage when faced with fear

the motion of life of love and I am grateful

for running.

Greco

I find it truly euphoric, setting me in a state of eternal optimism that can last hours after a run. I'm not a person of many words, but I am of feeling. I'm often amazed how these things come into your life, when you need them most.
----
I'm listening to the string music you posted. Great choices.

Peace be with you and your family.
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2011, 10:56 AM   #63
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default Running and Thriving through all feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
I find it truly euphoric, setting me in a state of eternal optimism that can last hours after a run. I'm not a person of many words, but I am of feeling. I'm often amazed how these things come into your life, when you need them most.
----
I'm listening to the string music you posted. Great choices.

Peace be with you and your family.
YB,

You said it well here. Running, no matter how slowly, has helped me survive, then thrive through my most difficult of feelings. And is my ride through my most joyful times, of creativity, accomplishment, and most importantly, Love.

I stayed up late last evening, and was out later then usual for my run this morning...it was cold, the Sun bright, and I breathed slowly, as I ran just as slowly through the cobwebs of my mind, and finally came to that quiet, warm place in the run. A place where everything, including myself, is in harmony, when the only thing that matters is what really matters, Love.

To you YB my friend, and new friends, have a great peace filled Sunday,

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Old 04-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #64
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation
Default 2 weeks away......

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #65
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default Run

Running this morning (6.5 mi) cold out, but the Sun was delicious the air clear the runners, power walkers, line skaters all out in droves...tired of being inside most of the week for too many hours...enjoy your Sunday, Greco

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #66
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation
Default 5K accountability club

Hey All

I am running a 10k in January (the tinkerbell at Disneyland) and starting training now. I am like 20 lbs over weight and have not ran in months, ugh. Thought it would be fun to motivate eachother here! Anyone else interested in motivating eachother??

I am going to do the ease into 5k and work into the ease into 10k.

I will check in on this thread. Hope to see others do the same. Hugs!

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #67
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Why haven't i seen this thread until now!? Sweet!
Just started training to run myself.. Ran my first 5 k a few weeks ago, and so ready for an event now i think.. (the 5k i ran was with the Running Room, in practice) took me 46 mins..

my breathing is improving, my form as well.
For now, just working on distance, not hills or speed..
LOVE the runners high!

thanks for bumping this thread starryeyes!

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #68
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post

Why haven't i seen this thread until now!? Sweet!
Just started training to run myself.. Ran my first 5 k a few weeks ago, and so ready for an event now i think.. (the 5k i ran was with the Running Room, in practice) took me 46 mins..

my breathing is improving, my form as well.
For now, just working on distance, not hills or speed..
LOVE the runners high!

thanks for bumping this thread starryeyes!
Thats awesome!!!

There is an event here in San Diego called Color me Rad that is an 5K on August 11. It is an awesome event an all of the proceeds benefit Deaf Community Services of San Diego. I am going to try to get my self ready in less that 2 weeks, but if I have to walk some, who cares. I am going regardless! :-)

Starry
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #69
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default 10k

starryeyes,

Enjoy your training...the 20lbs will come off easily, you'll see. And your 10k will be exciting and fun. Glad you'll be posting your progress here with us so we can encourage and celebrate with you.

Greco

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyes View Post
Hey All

I am running a 10k in January (the tinkerbell at Disneyland) and starting training now. I am like 20 lbs over weight and have not ran in months, ugh. Thought it would be fun to motivate eachother here! Anyone else interested in motivating eachother??

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #70
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

A friend of mine & i have set a goal for Florida 2015 for the Goofy Challenge in Orlando..the 5k, half & full marathon.. And then September 2015 , California to get our Coast to Coast.. So lots of training, 5k's, 10 k's etc until then. But i really can't wait, it'll be so exciting and i'm sure i'll wanna stop and hug characters along the way and snap pix LOL.. It'll be about the experience more than the time, i'm sure..
Really cant wait to hear about your 5k in August starryeyes.. i'll be in Oregon then cheering you! When i ran 5k the other night i had to walk 10 of the 46 mins... It's going to be such an accomplishment, you'll do great! i can't wait for my first 5k!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #71
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Thanked 2,799 Times in 468 Posts
alexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hey All

Hey... just wanted to let you know that Tinkerbell is not a 10K (6.2 miles), it's a half marathon (13.1 miles), and if you're not registered yet, it is already sold out. I did it last year, it was great, I'm going again this year after doing Goofy at WDW.
alexri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #72
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

alexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputation

So glad to see this thread. I'd love to connect with other walkers, runners, and racers, from 5K to ultras.

I had a 24 hr race this weekend, and it was so crappy I dropped down to just the marathon division. Hated it- it was a boring loop course.

I think I only have 5 half marathons, 4 full and 1 ultra left this year.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #73
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

What's a 24 hour race? Was it a loop on a track?

Nice to meet you :-))

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexri View Post
So glad to see this thread. I'd love to connect with other walkers, runners, and racers, from 5K to ultras.

I had a 24 hr race this weekend, and it was so crappy I dropped down to just the marathon division. Hated it- it was a boring loop course.

I think I only have 5 half marathons, 4 full and 1 ultra left this year.

Starry
The Following User Says Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #74
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

[QUOTE=alexri;622434]I had a 24 hr race this weekend, and it was so crappy I dropped down to just the marathon division. Hated it- it was a boring loop course.

[QUOTE]

Do you mean a run all night race? Where your team is a car/ mini van what ever and you take turns running- sleeping- driving as long as someone is running the entire time?

I did one of these once (with total strangers) 48 hours of running between 6 people and the car was a ford torino station wagon. Did I spell torino correctly? It was weird at first, but the longer we got into the race, we *bonded* and running through the night was the best part. I think it was a two hundred mile race.

For those that do not have any idea what I am talking about, you do not actually sleep...you catch a nap here and there.....here is a link

http://breakingmuscle.com/sports/run...r-relay-series

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #75
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Hi Runners,

On Wednesday, i accomplished another 5k practice run, SO proud of myself.
No stops, which i am so happy for, and we did it in 46 mins, along with 2 Bentley's (hills....BIG hills...) Normally the ones who are trained on hills do 10 Bentley's, however, i'm only training distance at this point and time and knowing i could successfully run 2 Bentley's made me a very, very happy girl.

It was a great run, and the best part was that the girl who manages the Running Room here, ran with me and gave me so many pointers and helped me with my form.. When i woke the next morning, i felt that *feel good* soreness, but nothing felt pulled or too sore.. In fact, i felt wonderful!

While i know i still have a long ways to go in training, i love feeling the accomplishment and progress.. Runner's high! AND, this week is the first time i could say with pride that i am a runner, finally feeling that confidence!

How are you all doing?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #76
TexasCowboi

How Do You Identify?:
TGStoneButch
Relationship Status:
Married....'nuff said

TexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Thats awesome!!!

There is an event here in San Diego called Color me Rad that is an 5K on August 11. It is an awesome event an all of the proceeds benefit Deaf Community Services of San Diego. I am going to try to get my self ready in less that 2 weeks, but if I have to walk some, who cares. I am going regardless! :-)
I'm doing the Color Me Rad run here in the DFWTx area!
TexasCowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #77
TexasCowboi

How Do You Identify?:
TGStoneButch
Relationship Status:
Married....'nuff said

TexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post

Hi Runners,

On Wednesday, i accomplished another 5k practice run, SO proud of myself.
No stops, which i am so happy for, and we did it in 46 mins, along with 2 Bentley's (hills....BIG hills...) Normally the ones who are trained on hills do 10 Bentley's, however, i'm only training distance at this point and time and knowing i could successfully run 2 Bentley's made me a very, very happy girl.

It was a great run, and the best part was that the girl who manages the Running Room here, ran with me and gave me so many pointers and helped me with my form.. When i woke the next morning, i felt that *feel good* soreness, but nothing felt pulled or too sore.. In fact, i felt wonderful!

While i know i still have a long ways to go in training, i love feeling the accomplishment and progress.. Runner's high! AND, this week is the first time i could say with pride that i am a runner, finally feeling that confidence!

How are you all doing?
This is AWESOME!!!!.......

I've been off the running wagon for a few months....tried to do too much for my last 5k.... ran one of my better times..... but I burned myself out in the process........ Right now, I'm working on the nutrition part of things so I'll have "fuel in my tank" for my next 5k and mud run...... I'm set to do a half marathon in October so this will be interesting...

Anyone out there who might have something to say about the nutrition part of running..... feel free to share..... I'd welcome any suggestions....
TexasCowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TexasCowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #78
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Every sence I had my back worked on I have been doing more and more of the things I use to do and do them well.With the exception of jogging or running,this evening it was fairly cool hear because of the very cloudy day,so I was out in the front yard and out of the blue I desided to give it a go.I am impressed I managed to go as far as I did,about a block and a half,the jogged up and down my drive way that has a good slant to it so it will work your leggs.Now I can add some jogging and build up to runing,I am glad I shure missed doing that.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #79
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Quote:

Do you mean a run all night race? Where your team is a car/ mini van what ever and you take turns running- sleeping- driving as long as someone is running the entire time?
Oh no, it was just you, yourself, doing as much as you can in 24 hrs. Overnight you wear a headlamp so cars can see you and you can see the road. Google "24 Hour the Lake" in Massachusetts. I went with a couple of friends. You can set up your own aide station/canopy to eat/sleep. We shared a tent and took turns napping. Definitely will never do this race again. The roads we were on were actually cement sidewalks, which killed my knees. I was totally unprepared for the extreme humidity, I didn't get enough rest, I didn't hydrate enough. Lesson learned.

I actually prefer 12 hr timed races if I'm going to do a timed one, because I can still bang out a marathon distance and stop and rest if I need to if I am having a bad day. My favorite 12 hr race is the Mind the Ducks 12 hr in Rochester, NY in May. The RD is awesome.

Been kinda draggy for me lately with all this humidity... next race is Rock N Roll Providence 1/2 Marathon next Sunday... then I am off until September.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #80
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Quote:
What's a 24 hour race? Was it a loop on a track?

Nice to meet you :-))
Nice to meet you too!! Sorry I didn't respond sooner. It was a 3.1 mile loop around a lake, with a little approx mile out and back that we did at the beginning to even out the miles, and you could choose to stop after you finished a marathon. 8 loops was a marathon, 10 was a 50K. Or you could go as much as you wanted for 12 hrs or 24 hrs.

I will never do an overnight race that starts at night and goes into the next night again. I consider one that starts in the morning and ends the next morning. I was totally zonked.