Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,738 Times in 5,089 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation
Default Atheist support, discussion, and information sharing thread

NYC has a large, active, diverse Atheist group called NYCA. I receive their newsletter and event information and have attended one of their meetings. Sometimes I want to share and discuss some of the content with other atheists and thought of starting a thread for those who also define as Atheist (me), Agnostic, or even questioning/open.

To be clear, this thread is not related to NYCA. That's just what brought it to mind. This thread is exactly what I wrote as the title: Atheist support, discussion, and information sharing thread.

Here is next weekend's event by NYCA for anyone local to NYC:

Sunday, July 10, 2011, 12:00 PM

SELECTED BY: KENNETH BRONSTEIN
PRESS BOX
932 SECOND AVE. (49/50) NEW YORK, NY (map)

REAR ROOM
SELECTED BY: KENNETH BRONSTEIN

SPEAKER: JAMILA BEY

SUBJECT: Why People of Color Resist The Atheist Movement

Jamila brings more than 15 years experience reporting, editing and producing for radio stations in Pittsburgh, Washington, DC, and around the nation. After serving a decade at National Public Radio as a producer and editor, Jamila is currently a freelance journalist, and she’s working on a book about Atheism in African-American Culture. A lifelong contrarian, Jamila spent much of her parochial schooling in the principal’s office explaining why she was thrown out of religion class.

COST: Brunch is $20, which includes a selection of Buffet entrees and salad, one soft drink, coffee, tax and tip. We encourage going back for seconds on the delicious Eggs Benedict.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post: