Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 04-26-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default Wii with Mii!

Do you have a Wii?

What are your favorite games?

Any tips or tricks?

Do you have Wii Fit?

Any games not worth your time?

How often do you use your Wii?

Wanna Wii with Mii?

So, as you might have guessed, Jack and I just got a Wii. Im uber excited and looking forward to going nutty with it. I wanna hear from other Wii-ers!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:09 PM   #2
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

I'm more of an Xbox 360 guy, but my mom really digs Wii Bowling. She got addicted to it at a rehabilitation hospital after her hip replacement surgery last month. Needless to say, I know what to get her for her birthday this year. lol
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

Sorry............we just bought a PS3 - it comes with a blu ray player, netflix streaming, and an internet connection and free access to playstation's network. (you just use your own broadband connection). I think XBox Charges a monthly fee to connect to the internet. Loving this netflix streaming option!! Oh yeah.

Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:14 PM   #4
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

WEE love our Wii
We have the fit and the upgrade, love it. The obstacle course is a trip. So is the cycling. Have Madden 09, golf bowling, tennis, Mario olympic, too many to mention. Love love, love the Wii !!!!
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:41 PM   #5
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufusboi View Post
Sorry............we just bought a PS3 - it comes with a blu ray player, netflix streaming, and an internet connection and free access to playstation's network. (you just use your own broadband connection). I think XBox Charges a monthly fee to connect to the internet. Loving this netflix streaming option!! Oh yeah.

Rufus
I think Wii has the Netflix option now too, but I can't be sure. It seems to me I saw that somewhere in an email from Netflix.

Jake
Old 04-26-2010, 09:41 PM   #6
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

My coworker told me today that the Wii can stream Netflix as well! Anyone use it? Does it work? Love it? Hate it?
Old 04-26-2010, 09:49 PM   #7
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,943 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
My coworker told me today that the Wii can stream Netflix as well! Anyone use it? Does it work? Love it? Hate it?
It does, but I think you have to send out for a DVD or something like that.

I don't have one so I can't give you anymore details.

I know Netflix works really well with the PS3 though
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:52 PM   #8
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,450 Times in 370 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMfan View Post
It does, but I think you have to send out for a DVD or something like that.

I don't have one so I can't give you anymore details.

I know Netflix works really well with the PS3 though
your wii has to be internet enabled and then you need the disc

i'll be trying it out over the summer.
Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #9
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Quote:

I stream Netflix on my Blu-Ray player. Sometimes the picture can look a little muddled, due to the fact that we have a bad connection sometimes with the broadband. I talked to our cable company about it, and they recommended upgrading our modem to a N router.

I love being able to stream Netflix, though. Best thing ever when you are sick or laid up with an injury.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:58 PM   #10
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I set up my Wii with the Netflix disc last weekend. It works great. Too well. I have watched an entire season of Lie To Me and Dollhouse. Needless to say, I love it.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:58 PM   #11
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

I love my Wii but I need a new TV to play it on. Trying to play on my 20 y/o tv is just painful. I hope to remedy that by winter. I don't play Wii much in the summer but in the winter it can keep me occupied. I plan on using the netflix option next winter for movie fun.
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:14 PM   #12
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

I don't have one but I have had fun at a few friends' house BOXING and BOWLING. SO fun!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 06:09 AM   #13
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

We made our Mii's last night - Mine is surprisingly lifelike but Jack wasn't impressed that it appeared that all of the female Wii's had to wear the dress.
Can that be changed?!!
Old 04-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #14
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
We made our Mii's last night - Mine is surprisingly lifelike but Jack wasn't impressed that it appeared that all of the female Wii's had to wear the dress.
Can that be changed?!!
Not that I'm aware of. I just used a boy. Mine is fairly accurate as well. Well except for the lack of hips. Oh well.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:49 PM   #15
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation
Default Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I have the Wii fit and I love it. Although there are those times when I take the balance and coordination test and it asks me "do you find that you trip over your own feet often?" At this point I have to wonder, what the hell?

With that said though, it's really a lot of fun. It truly does help with coordination and response time and is a great work out. I also have extreme fit (which goes with the Wii), it's a great workout experience!

As for Wii games, I currently have the Disney Princess game (it really is fabulous) and of course the requisite All Star Cheer Squad (don't judge). I am a bit saddened that there is no Buffy The Vampire Slayer game as quite often I find I have the urge to "slay" something *sigh*. But never fear instead of slaying I can kill zombies! Nothing says relaxation like shooting zombies, no?

More to come.
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:52 PM   #16
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation

Oh yes and I forgot to add that with the Wii fit you can not only Mii yourself, but set up a profile for your pet as well. Yep, that's right, there's a Lulu Mii floating around in cyber space.

*woof*

One last thought: I'd love to play with others, so if anyone is interested in exchanging Wii Mii identification numbers that would be ever so stupendous!

Yaaaaaaaay.

I'm highly caffeinated at the moment hence my extreme exuberance.

*blink
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:05 PM   #17
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

After playing my neighbors Wii a few months ago I was hooked and had to go out the next day and buy one.

To avoid being stuck with bad games I first read the reviews online before I buy .

If your into the old school pinball machines there's Pinball Hall Of Fame, they have the Williams collection and the Gottlieb collection, both are fun, just like your playing a real pinball machine, and the graphics are excellent.

Carnival is also a fun Multi Player game. It has all the great classic carnival games, like balloon darts, water clown, and even a dunk tank.

My last purchase was The Godfather, a great shootumup game. I had this game for my old xbox and loved it so I had to get the Wii version.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #18
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

I dug mine out from under the TV stand last night and plugged it back in, spent something like 5 minutes trying to figure out how to get the condom off the controller so I could change the batteries and then a good half an hour hooking it up to the wireless and updating the system. Added the weather and news channel thingys and then browsed the classic games. After all that I was too tired to actually play!

We've got the Wii Fit and a couple of other games. Most all I've ever done is the sports stuff. I like the bowling and tennis. Ski jump is fun but very goofy and don't try it if you have bad knees! I've been thinking about getting either the Biggest Loser or the EA Fitness one but not sure I want to spend the mone for something I'll just stop using.

I'd really like to find a good RPG type of game that really uses the motion controller. I'd like to really be able to run through a castle and fight the bad guys!
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:17 PM   #19
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

I think I have over 16 Wii games, a Wii fit, (and maybe 8 of those games aren't even opened yet).

I really enjoy playing Wii Sports Resort - love the light saber game and archery - I also have the regular sports game with bowling and darts - Mario Kart - various shooting games - this chick-zombie killing game -

(I'm going to have to take inventory)

I also have a PS2, but since we bought the Wii - it's been storaged.
We love our Wii!

Any Mario Kart players who want to swap IDs, let me know

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:21 PM   #20
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
I think Wii has the Netflix option now too, but I can't be sure. It seems to me I saw that somewhere in an email from Netflix.

Jake
Yup, it does. All you need is the broadband connection.

http://www.netflix.com/NRD/Wii

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote