Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 04-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default AY, CHIHUAHUA!

This thread is for chihuahua lovers everywhere to post pictures of our babies, and those we will always remember. Share stories, ask for advice, or just talking about how adorable and fabulous these little dogs are!

In loving memory of mi amigito, Sancho Panza de la Mancha

thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,056 Times in 2,077 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I have the cutest chihuahua! Lol. I will post pics soon. Love this thread!!

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I have a white Chihuahua I adopted from my parents. I swear she is the most incredible human being reincarnated in the body of lil dog. Everyone always rolls their eyes when I say my dog is a Chihuahua because they have this bad reputation of being yappy dogs. My Lizzie, is so NOT a yappy dog. She is so sweet and gentle. And she just instinctively knows when I need her most
SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #4
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfAKind View Post
I have a white Chihuahua I adopted from my parents. I swear she is the most incredible human being reincarnated in the body of lil dog. Everyone always rolls their eyes when I say my dog is a Chihuahua because they have this bad reputation of being yappy dogs. My Lizzie, is so NOT a yappy dog. She is so sweet and gentle. And she just instinctively knows when I need her most
You're right - people just don't understand until they've had one what sweet, wonderful little beings they are!

I lost one in the divorce - it broke my heart. Isabel (Reina Isabela de Spagna):

And I currently have Newton the Wonder Dog
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #5
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default Cinco de Mayo Chihuahua Parade in KC

If you're near KC, take your dog up for what will surely be a good time, and benefits a great cause!

International Dog News

Parade Aims at Breaking Costumed Dog Record

Guiness Book of World Record Chihuahua parade

Chihuahua Parade set to break The Guinness Book of World Records.

Cinco de Mayo will never be the same in Kansas City. The Guinness Book of World Records has officially sanctioned the Chihuahua Parade and Festival to attempt to break the record of the most dogs in costume. The parade starts at 11 a.m. on May 5. All dog entrants must be leashed and in costume.

When: May 5, 2012
Where: In The Crossroads Art District
Nica’s 320 320 S.W. Boulevard
Kansas City, MO
Cost: $5 donation per dog. Donations will go to The Pet Connection, Inc. is a no-kill, non-profit animal shelter located in the Kansas City metro area. It’s our intention to form a no-kill coalition by educating the public, providing pet owner services and to find homes for unwanted and abandoned animals.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #6
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Awwwww OMG he is a cutie pie. My Lizzie is not small for a Chihuahua. She weighs 10 pounds, so she does NOT fit in my purse to carry around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
You're right - people just don't understand until they've had one what sweet, wonderful little beings they are!

I lost one in the divorce - it broke my heart. Isabel (Reina Isabela de Spagna):

And I currently have Newton the Wonder Dog
SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #7
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfAKind View Post
Awwwww OMG he is a cutie pie. My Lizzie is not small for a Chihuahua. She weighs 10 pounds, so she does NOT fit in my purse to carry around.
Aw, I want to see pics of everyone's babies!!

LOL Well Newton is a hefty SEVEN pounds now (he was 5 last year), thanks in part to my sweetie coming around and spoiling him ROTTEN! Here is an updated pic of him using Ms. Maggie as his bed:

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #8
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

Until I got one, I despised chihuahuas. There's a saying that the staunchest zealot to a cause is the convert, and I've got to say that fits here. I've been won over to the Land of Tiny Dogs, and I can't imagine my home without the little guy.

Their reputation as yippie and nervous and unfriendly might have more to do with the owners who treat them like ornaments. If you treat a dog like a dog, you get a happy well-adjusted dog. If you treat a dog like a toy doll, you get a badly behaved dog (wow, I think I just channeled Cesar Milan). That said, I admit I subject mine to various acts of humiliation, like putting him in Superman costumes and breading him.

Every dog breed has a "job" to do: It's in a border collie's genes to herd, beagles have an overwhelming tracking instinct, and retrievers, well, retrieve. Chihuahuas were bred with one job description: to be adored. Mine is very good at his job.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #9
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JD View Post
Until I got one, I despised chihuahuas. There's a saying that the staunchest zealot to a cause is the convert, and I've got to say that fits here. I've been won over to the Land of Tiny Dogs, and I can't imagine my home without the little guy.
I was the same way! I always hated them, called them yappy dogs, then my cousin got Sancho's brother, and I fell in love. Then comes the kicker: "Well, they have a runt nobody wants, do you think you could take him?" Best (and really, easiest!) decision I ever made!

I've never had a dog that loved me the way a chihuahua does. They look up at you with big adoring eyes, and they are so smart! Isabel has like a hundred word vocabulary.

Quote:
Their reputation as yippie and nervous and unfriendly might have more to do with the owners who treat them like ornaments. If you treat a dog like a dog, you get a happy well-adjusted dog. If you treat a dog like a toy doll, you get a badly behaved dog (wow, I think I just channeled Cesar Milan).
I agree, you can't treat them like eternal puppies the way some people do, makes for a VERY bad dog!

Quote:
That said, I admit I subject mine to various acts of humiliation, like putting him in Superman costumes and breading him.
OMG, please post the "breading" picture here! ROFLMAO

Quote:
Every dog breed has a "job" to do: It's in a border collie's genes to herd, beagles have an overwhelming tracking instinct, and retrievers, well, retrieve. Chihuahuas were bred with one job description: to be adored. Mine is very good at his job.
They make damn fine alarm systems too! I swear they can hear for miles.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post: