kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchEire View Post
True, unless they are bit by an animal carrying rabies. Non-meat eating animals like squirrels, rabbits and bats that eat fruit or bugs are also not carriers. Because raccoons and possums scavenge scraps and eat meat, they have a higher incidence of carrying rabies.
ETA: Only because many people believe incorrectly that rats, etc., cannot get or give rabies: http://www.ratbehavior.org/DryBite.htm

They can, but the cases are rare.
"Rabies from rats is very rare and has never been documented in the United States. However, a handful of cases of rabies from a rat bite have been recorded in Poland (Zmudziński and Smreczak 1995, described in Wincewicz 2002), Israel (Gdalevich et al. 2000), Thailand (Kamoltham et al. 2002) and Surinam (Verlinde et al 1975)."

I wonder if they were able to exclusively link the transmission of rabbies to the rats in Poland, Israel, etc.

I'll have to let my vet know he was wrong.
kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kannon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #22
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post
Interesting fact:

rats are not carriers of rabies. They cannot carry or transmit rabies.
The Black Plague, however....lol. I know, I know, technically, it was the fleas on the rats that spread the plague that killed half of Europe. But still.

I used to have pet rats, loved them. Flea-less pet rats, that is.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #23
Blue_Daddy-O

How Do You Identify?:
Retro Daddy, Male-Identified
Preferred Pronoun?:
He Him Sir Mister Husband Dom Master
Relationship Status:
Single and ready for a garden party

Blue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorninthesofa View Post
I had a pet cockaroach I named Big Bug and trained it to follow me in every room, eat off a plate with two front legs, do somersaults, sit on my shoulder, and sit on the sofa with me and watch TV.
Oh My God... I had to laugh so hard when I read this!!!! LOL!
Blue_Daddy-O is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue_Daddy-O For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #24
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I have a pet ferret named Smokey. I live in California where they are illegal and not of the norm. When I tell people about him, people always freak. They say ferrets are "baby killers" and will chew the fingers and noses off babies. I don't understand where this comes from. My ferret sleeps in his hammock all day, plays with my dogs, snuggles with me, watches me take a shower (lol) and is just a pleasant little cutie. Are these "baby killer" rumors true?? I have never seen anything in print that would justify them.
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 01:40 PM   #25
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JD View Post
The Black Plague, however....lol. I know, I know, technically, it was the fleas on the rats that spread the plague that killed half of Europe. But still.

I used to have pet rats, loved them. Flea-less pet rats, that is.
there was a case of bubonic or black plague in the the US just last year.

VERY important to deflea your rats. They do have antibiotics to treat it but you have to catch it within 24 hours or so.

I love rats too.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kannon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #26
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I am moved to hear that rats have empathy. So cute.

I recently learned armadillos carry Leprosy...I had no idea. With the weather changes they are arriving in TN in larger numbers now.

Possums do creep me out, I admit. One lives behind our apartment and my roommate screams her head off every time it peers in our window. Big Butch girl meltdowns crack me UP!

Bugs? Our once every 13 year cicada infestations creep me out, but individual bugs I just leave alone mostly. After living in South America and Texas, our TN bugs seem kind of insignificant.

A coworker had a pet praying mantis until it flew off a d a bird ate it.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #27
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
there was a case of bubonic or black plague in the the US just last year.

VERY important to deflea your rats. They do have antibiotics to treat it but you have to catch it within 24 hours or so.

I love rats too.
Prarie dogs carry it.
I am fascinated by Bubonic Plague and other infection deseases like Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Polio, etc....
Old 12-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #28
RiverBoi
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Brother Puddin'
Relationship Status:
Single

RiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST Reputation

Bats would fit into this category. I personally think that they are kinda cute. AND I love the fact that they eat mosquito's (which is a WONDERFUL friend to have in the south) Bat's eat around 250,000 pounds of insects a night. I suppose many people are scared of them due to rabies or Ozzy lol. I haven't heard of a rabid bat swarm, targeting humans however.

http://articles.latimes.com/1994-02-...17_1_bat-house
RiverBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RiverBoi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #29
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBoi View Post
Bats would fit into this category. I personally think that they are kinda cute. AND I love the fact that they eat mosquito's (which is a WONDERFUL friend to have in the south) Bat's eat around 250,000 pounds of insects a night. I suppose many people are scared of them due to rabies or Ozzy lol. I haven't heard of a rabid bat swarm, targeting humans however.

All I can think of is the 250,000 lbs of bat poop.

I wonder how easy it is to train bats?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kannon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #30
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahRene View Post
I think they're cute. And they laugh. Makes them one of my favorites.

Quote:

There's a possum that lives in my back yard... we cross paths occasionally, since we're both active at night. Freaks me out every time- it reared up and hissed at me once, and I was the one who nearly played dead. I know I should feel more fondly toward North America's only marsupial, but they're just so....mismatched.

They get a bad rap on the rabies thing too. Though they *can* carry rabies, it's not very likely- their body temp is too low.
I love possums, although it hurts like hell when they bite. I have one chubby possum and two huge skunks that have hung around my house for so many years that I now feed all three, and just hang out on the porch with them. I posted about how I accidentally tried petting the skunk instead of my cat last night when I was distracted and not really paying attention to what was standing beside my leg. They are pretty tame now, but I'm not sure if they are pet-able quite yet...lol The skunks are not big fans of the possum though, and usually bully him around a bit. Especially if there are sausage balls involved. lol I also used to have a couple raccoons, but they have been gone for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchEire View Post
I have pet rats and I highly recommend them for friends looking for a first small pet for their kids. Rats are FAR less likely to bite than gerbils or hamsters and they are clean and playful. I've had every type of (legal) pet out there and rats are surprisingly high on my love list. I even leave their cage door open because they wander a bit on the top and sides but NEVER leave the immediate cage area. Very smart, sweet pets!
I used to have pet mice and rats when I was a kid too. They are very sweet.

Quote:

I must admit they are kinda cute too, although they do freak me out when they buzz my head during my late night smoking outside...lol
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 03:35 PM   #31
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Default who could resist this?

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to kannon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #32
ruby_woo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,941 Times in 376 Posts
ruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputation

The idea of rats with fleas makes me want to curl into the fetal position. I saw a picture of something once called Rat King and I was honestly on edge for days.

Story time:

When I was about 8 or so, there was a weird scratching behind my bed at night. I told my mom, and she assumed it was probably a mouse or something (it was a pretty rural area). Later on, I discovered, there was a hole the size of a fist behind my bed, my mom freaked and got it closed up asap. She told me a few years later that not longer after that she saw a giant rat (she said it was chihuahua size, but who knows) in our garage. Thus the dislike and fear of rats began.
ruby_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ruby_woo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #33
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,162 Times in 5,132 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Bats are awesome! We love our bats . . . on summer evenings, they swarm above the swimming pool just as we start noticing we are being bitten by pesky bugs. During the day they sleep, hanging outside our attic between the slats of the attic vents, their little toes curled in the screens.
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 04:23 PM   #34
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_woo View Post
Later on, I discovered, there was a hole the size of a fist behind my bed, my mom freaked and got it closed up asap. She told me a few years later that not longer after that she saw a giant rat (she said it was chihuahua size, but who knows) in our garage.
Maybe it was really a chihuahua.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #35
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation
Default O' Possum!

I've never had a pet rat, but I understand they're incredibly smart. I adore bats and on any farm I'd have, I would build a bat barn for shelter (and for my own purposes - the guano is excellent fertilizer and as has already been noted, they're the best mosquito control). Until we get a handle on the white nose syndrome and start reclaiming bat habitat, I am very worried about our bats.

I have three possums come into my life. One was hit and stunned and lying on a road. A second was crawling across a road slowly. He had a hernia. And this fall, I found a dead mother possum with one of her babies tossed to the side and dead. When I went to move her body, I noticed movement inside her. There was a little one still alive.

I took the two first possums that I found on the road to a vet in Baltimore (where I was living) who was a wildlife rehabilitator. Both did terrifically with treatment and were re-released over time.

The baby opossum I found this fall was discovered on the road late at night. I let her stay in her mother's pouch all night in a box inside and with blankets over them both (warmth is an issue). The next morning I found that my regular vet, who is a rehabilitator, was out of town but his office referred to another vet a little farther away. The baby was still alive but not moving as much.

The other vet did take her right away and they nursed her as the mother would have and did a great job with her. I felt pretty blessed being given the opportunity to be some part of each of these stories. I don't know why the mature opossums let me touch them and move them into my car. I prayed and talked to them before I did and used a blanket. But that they trust me is one of the coolest things ever.

Thank you for this thread, Nat, and I've enjoyed the posts here. I think myself lucky to live in a world with a wide and beautiful variety of species.

SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #36
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,767 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Horny Toad

I love these. I had one as a kid and my great grandma sat on it and squished it. There was screaming.

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #37
ruby_woo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,941 Times in 376 Posts
ruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Maybe it was really a chihuahua.
Or one of the random cats that was always hanging around our house.
ruby_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruby_woo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 09:22 PM   #38
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-713416

Wow.. this made me cry. I think disabled animals kind-of fit in this category. The are often discarded and overlooked. I myself have a disabled dog (deaf) who was going to be put to sleep just because he was deaf. What an amazing story and a sweet little baby. Wow! Zippy RULES!

:-D
Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 10:15 PM   #39
Sassy

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Together

Thanked 1,928 Times in 460 Posts
Sassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

There's a possum that lives in my back yard... we cross paths occasionally, since we're both active at night. Freaks me out every time- it reared up and hissed at me once, and I was the one who nearly played dead. I know I should feel more fondly toward North America's only marsupial, but they're just so....mismatched.

They get a bad rap on the rabies thing too. Though they *can* carry rabies, it's not very likely- their body temp is too low.
*squeals!!!* ick ick ick ick!!!! oh, I had a nasty run-in with one of these ugly buggers recently. My li'l dog got hold of one in the backyard around midnight one night... ok, good puppy, protectin' Mama from the overgrown rat... but... ick ick ick ick!!!! it STANK and I was SO glad the dog's shots were up to date ... Funny thing though... I thought she'd killed it. I hauled the dog off the possum and ran in the house ranting the whole way about having to deal with possum remains in the middle of the night and it cold and wet outside.......... erm, possums "play possum" when they're scared..... when I walked back outside to assess the situation the critter had disappeared.......... so the one good thing I can so for 'em, is I haven't had to bury one yet. *laughs!* .....
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sassy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 11:33 PM   #40
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyes View Post
I have a pet ferret named Smokey. I live in California where they are illegal and not of the norm. When I tell people about him, people always freak. They say ferrets are "baby killers" and will chew the fingers and noses off babies. I don't understand where this comes from. My ferret sleeps in his hammock all day, plays with my dogs, snuggles with me, watches me take a shower (lol) and is just a pleasant little cutie. Are these "baby killer" rumors true?? I have never seen anything in print that would justify them.
Cats also have this stigma. They are rumored to steal the breath of newborn babies.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/wild/catsuck.asp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalipstic View Post
I am moved to hear that rats have empathy. So cute.

I recently learned armadillos carry Leprosy...I had no idea. With the weather changes they are arriving in TN in larger numbers now.

Possums do creep me out, I admit. One lives behind our apartment and my roommate screams her head off every time it peers in our window. Big Butch girl meltdowns crack me UP!

Bugs? Our once every 13 year cicada infestations creep me out, but individual bugs I just leave alone mostly. After living in South America and Texas, our TN bugs seem kind of insignificant.

A coworker had a pet praying mantis until it flew off a d a bird ate it.
I had a praying mantis! She was awesome. She was quiet and required little care and Hell, any creature that rips the heads off of its mate is kind of cool in my book, not that I recommend that for us humans.

Quote:

http://blog.liveattheorchard.com/fil...ustin-bats.jpg

Quote:
It's a baby gargoyle! Okay, not really but it does kind of look like it.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: