Old 12-11-2011, 07:34 PM   #61
RavynTuqiri

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything but it...
Relationship Status:
Hide n go Seek

RavynTuqiri Has the BEST ReputationRavynTuqiri Has the BEST ReputationRavynTuqiri Has the BEST ReputationRavynTuqiri Has the BEST ReputationRavynTuqiri Has the BEST ReputationRavynTuqiri Has the BEST ReputationRavynTuqiri Has the BEST ReputationRavynTuqiri Has the BEST ReputationRavynTuqiri Has the BEST ReputationRavynTuqiri Has the BEST ReputationRavynTuqiri Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jett View Post

I've had snakes, rats etc. for buds and never been biten... I have however pulled my truck over to help a teeny tiny kitten on a remote highway and had my hand savagely attacked (I literally had to shake it off, lol) and ended up getting rabies shots... who knew kittens did crack? Not me apparently...

o.@
I tried to help a stray cat a few years back...it was October, turning cold..I started to fed the tom cat and after a few days he would sit with me on the back porch. I was able to bring him inside an quarantine him in the bathroom. The next day took him to the shelter....we made it all the way to the shelter and when i took him out of the box to turn him over, he attacked....

Got on antibiotics right away and still ended up three days in the hospital with an infection in the knuckle of my pointer finger...they wanted to do rabies shots (the cat got away) and surgery...I passed on both...there hadn't been a case of feline rabies in this state in over 10 years.

Still love cats but damn will think twice about helping a stray again. Or at least how stupid I act around said cute poor cold skinny cat (from hell).
RavynTuqiri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RavynTuqiri For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2011, 10:37 PM   #62
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBoi View Post
Bats would fit into this category. I personally think that they are kinda cute. AND I love the fact that they eat mosquito's (which is a WONDERFUL friend to have in the south) Bat's eat around 250,000 pounds of insects a night. I suppose many people are scared of them due to rabies or Ozzy lol. I haven't heard of a rabid bat swarm, targeting humans however.

http://articles.latimes.com/1994-02-...17_1_bat-house
I love bats, they make me happy! Sosososoo cute!

I even have a bat crossing sign in my kitchen.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:07 AM   #63
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

I want a piglet

Old 12-13-2011, 12:44 AM   #64
greeneyedgrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme/queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Thanked 3,267 Times in 835 Posts
greeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputation

i used to catch these when i was a young' un. *smiles... that brings back memories.
greeneyedgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greeneyedgrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2011, 12:52 AM   #65
greeneyedgrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme/queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Thanked 3,267 Times in 835 Posts
greeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default more creepy crawlies from childhood

silkworms
greeneyedgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greeneyedgrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2011, 01:37 AM   #66
Deirdre

How Do You Identify?:
Le Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sugar & Spice (and Merlot)

Deirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post
I want a piglet

Get in line.
Deirdre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Deirdre For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2011, 08:42 AM   #67
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

Pigs are actually phenomenal - smart, protective, loyal. We probably do need to form a line.

SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2011, 12:59 PM   #68
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

My neighbors used to have a teeny pig. So cute, it would hear my van every day and greet me when I came home from work!

Love them!
Old 12-13-2011, 01:02 PM   #69
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

There is a lady at my job that has a pet rat AND a pet pig. She has brought both to our company events and both are well behaved.

The rat wears a vest and will walk on a tiny leash and the pig wears a dog collar and doesnt need a leash because it stays by her whereever she goes.

I dont have an aversion to many living thigs but am not a fan of those jumping spider things (only because Im afraid one is going to jump on my face!)
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2011, 01:11 PM   #70
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
The girls and I watched this video 4 times in a row and now we all want a baby bat to hang on our finger and rock himself to sleep. That video melts me!
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2011, 05:13 PM   #71
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalinaRose View Post
The girls and I watched this video 4 times in a row and now we all want a baby bat to hang on our finger and rock himself to sleep. That video melts me!
Meee tooo. Its so sweet. LD's teeny feet and wings.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:55 PM   #72
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalinaRose View Post
Ive never thuought much about bats but after watching LD,I want one.My son is puting up bat houses cause we have seen the flying round at ight.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2011, 06:38 PM   #73
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
asleep at the synthesizer
Preferred Pronoun?:
crown prince of dirty disco

Thanked 1,794 Times in 857 Posts
tonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputation

i had one of these

she was named penelope but i called her bubba
she slept in my pantry, was afraid of mice, liked creamed corn and tried to save my life once

if they are unpopular or maligned they shouldn't be
tonaderspeisung is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tonaderspeisung For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2011, 07:17 PM   #74
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,002 Times in 286 Posts
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
Thought it might be interesting to have a thread regarding the creatures people tend to dislike almost on instinct. My definition of animal here does not include humans or plants or fungi, but would include any other living entity that feeds on living things that feed on other living things.

I saw this today and thought it was neat:

Researchers discover empathy in rats:

we didn't have a roaches in my country while I was growing up , but my mom used to tell us stories about roaches during the war ll . well, when I arrived in America first week we stayed in the officer housing . I went to commissary and bought the food to cook since we had been traveling and living on fast food which was foreign to me .

Day later I opened kitchen cabinets and there were this bugs all over , I screamed and I was told it was roaches . I looked in my dictionary and called my mom . Hi mom I have roaches . She said to me you sound like you are proud of it . we were laughing , but I never cook anything there and we moved out ASAP .

I was scare first , but I don't care what they called Palmetto bugs it's still roach to me . After all these years , I have a bug guy to spray on regular bases , but I am more brave , when I keep my windows open sometimes this huge thing slip into house and I am determined to kill it . Sorry guy this is not your house .

as I said I used to be petrified , but now I am after them for kill .
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vlasta For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2011, 07:24 PM   #75
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Now I have to see if there is a local bat sanctuary and go volunteer! I want to rock baby bats too!

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2011, 07:39 PM   #76
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonaderspeisung View Post

i had one of these

she was named penelope but i called her bubba
she slept in my pantry, was afraid of mice, liked creamed corn and tried to save my life once

if they are unpopular or maligned they shouldn't be
What was her top weight?

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2011, 10:32 PM   #77
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeirdreBunny View Post
Get in line.
Look, what is that over there.

*deirdre is distracted*

*kannon cuts in line*
Old 12-13-2011, 10:40 PM   #78
Deirdre

How Do You Identify?:
Le Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sugar & Spice (and Merlot)

Deirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post
Look, what is that over there.

*deirdre is distracted*

*kannon cuts in line*

*narrows her eyes*

Deirdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:41 PM   #79
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotHer View Post
Pigs are actually phenomenal - smart, protective, loyal. We probably do need to form a line.

And clean. That's probably the largest misconception about pigs....that they are filthy. They are super clean animals.

I want one that I will either name Wilbur or Arthur if it's a boy and either Mathilda or Fancy if it's a girl.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #80
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
And clean. That's probably the largest misconception about pigs....that they are filthy. They are super clean animals.

I want one that I will either name Wilbur or Arthur if it's a boy and either Mathilda or Fancy if it's a girl.
Same with rats and they are exceptionally clean. We have two ratties and I love them to pieces. They are smart. They both know their names and come when you call them. The video that Nat posted is consistent with what I have seen. Our girl Allie had a degloved tail and had to have part of it amputated. Her sister Ginny has been very concerned about her and taking care of her. We knew Allie was feeling better when her sister started beating her up again!
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to julieisafemme For This Useful Post: