LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation
Default Tugging at the Heartstrings

I was reading a comment in another forum about what someone would do as a way of giving back, if she had the money to do it. I know we have threads about what we already do to give back BUT, if money was not a concern, what would you do to benefit (in a NON-PROFIT WAY) the world around you?

Old 04-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Personally, I would start a non-profit that focused on childhood hunger. I would like to have a place where children can receive healthy, hot meals during the summer and school breaks. There are a lot of kids who get their only decent meals thanks to the lunch program at their schools. I would like to offer a place for them to be able to eat when a school lunch is not an option.

Families would be welcome however, to qualify, the children MUST be in the lunch assistance program at their local school. Siblings who are not of school age qualify with their older brothers/sisters. Parent/s are welcome but they must give back in some way ie helping prepare/serve meals, clean up etc.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Great thread Laneydoll! Subscribing The quote of mine below was inspired by Gaea's generous and caring heart...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post

CIJS...Gaea, this is the reason I want to win the lottery. I want to set up non-profit, no-kill, loving, comfortable, species appropriate shelters and farms around the world, and staff them with animal loving people. I would want to live in a tiny and efficient house, on a humungous piece of land, living sustainably, and use the rest of the winnings to help animals. I might also want to start a pet food company that sells species appropriate pet foods, with the profits used to further support the shelters and farms...

CIJS...End fantasy ramble.

Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
Great thread Laneydoll! Subscribing
I am glad you like it; you inspired it

Old 04-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #5
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My sentiments exactly,.Hollylane!
^5 Laney!! subscribing also
Old 04-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
Breezy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 4,555 Times in 1,199 Posts
Breezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST Reputation

I desire to open an LGBTQI and straight teen center that deals not only with the issues surrounding being a gay/straight youth, but also alcohol and drug addiction issues. I desire for it to include some groups on spirituality and fun things to do, too. We would provide meals, medical attention, after school tutoring, game time, recreational activities, a place to be and a safe place to come if you are in trouble gay teen or not. It would also provide mediation for preteens/ teens and their families, conflict resolution skills, communications skills, crisis intervention, transgendered transitioning counseling and acceptance of self awareness skills.

I desire to also buy up several homes for those who are homeless or need a short term escape from a bad situation at home. It would include a HUGE workshop in a massive barn so we could tinker on cars or do woodworking. We would hold dances and have an alcohol free and drug free environment for other kinds of meet ups. It would have a music studio for recording and drumming workshops, too.

Mostly, I desire to be of service to our youth in any way that is needed.

Can I do a second project, too? Please?

I'd give my home away to a friend who has just moved to the US from Uzbekistan. They are such a sweet and loving couple and they have almost nothing. I'd leave everything in the house that is there now and just hand them the keys! Oh, plus 2 new cars, insurance coverage and money to begin a savings account. Their expenses would be paid for the next 5 years so they could just live worry free.

Thank you for this thread! It made my day! You are such a loving woman!
Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Breezy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #7
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

From my post in the "Can I just say..." thread.

I want a house the size of Buckingham Palace with a garden as big as the grounds, so I can give a home to unwanted and neglected animals and have a Swan Sanctuary as well! Just think of all those snuggles to come home to after work….. I hope my future partner won’t mind! LOL!

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #8
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

i'd start a foundation to help the homeless, hungry and low/fixed income people that fall in between the cracks of current regulations, etc. They'd be able to get medical help or food for their pets too.

Part of this would be a food pantry where no one is treated badly or looked down upon by the staff or volunteers...and the food distributed would be nutritious too not a bunch of empty calories/carbs...There would also be assistance for prescription and OTC items and transportation to/from medical apontments etc.

Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #9
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I would establish a self sufficiency program for tweeners. Most of the programs are designed for teens and adults. Its too late by then. Bad habits have created bad histories by then. But getting tweeners prepared for the work world, including possible plans for further academics or vocational training past high school, along with internships revolving around social and work place etiquette with mentors, would create a generation of grateful, prepared teens/adults who can do more than grunt a "thanks"
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #10
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
I desire to open an LGBTQI and straight teen center that deals not only with the issues surrounding being a gay/straight youth, but also alcohol and drug addiction issues. I desire for it to include some groups on spirituality and fun things to do, too. We would provide meals, medical attention, after school tutoring, game time, recreational activities, a place to be and a safe place to come if you are in trouble gay teen or not. It would also provide mediation for preteens/ teens and their families, conflict resolution skills, communications skills, crisis intervention, transgendered transitioning counseling and acceptance of self awareness skills.

I desire to also buy up several homes for those who are homeless or need a short term escape from a bad situation at home. It would include a HUGE workshop in a massive barn so we could tinker on cars or do woodworking. We would hold dances and have an alcohol free and drug free environment for other kinds of meet ups. It would have a music studio for recording and drumming workshops, too.

Mostly, I desire to be of service to our youth in any way that is needed.

Can I do a second project, too? Please?

I'd give my home away to a friend who has just moved to the US from Uzbekistan. They are such a sweet and loving couple and they have almost nothing. I'd leave everything in the house that is there now and just hand them the keys! Oh, plus 2 new cars, insurance coverage and money to begin a savings account. Their expenses would be paid for the next 5 years so they could just live worry free.

Thank you for this thread! It made my day! You are such a loving woman!
WOW!! As are you, Breezy. THAT speaks volumes about the moral compass of YOU!! You are a godsend!!! to these people.....may I work on your farm? smiles
Old 04-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #11
Breezy

How Do You Identify?:

Breezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Tia View Post
I would establish a self sufficiency program for tweeners. Most of the programs are designed for teens and adults. Its too late by then. Bad habits have created bad histories by then. But getting tweeners prepared for the work world, including possible plans for further academics or vocational training past high school, along with internships revolving around social and work place etiquette with mentors, would create a generation of grateful, prepared teens/adults who can do more than grunt a "thanks"
hey, we could team up and add you and your services to ours.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Breezy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #12
Breezy

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by claybaby View Post
WOW!! As are you, Breezy. THAT speaks volumes about the moral compass of YOU!! You are a godsend!!! to these people.....may I work on your farm? smiles
Of course you could come work with us. Thank you so much for what you wrote. You and your gf are blessed to have each other.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Breezy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #13
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
i'd start a foundation to help the homeless, hungry and low/fixed income people that fall in between the cracks of current regulations, etc. They'd be able to get medical help or food for their pets too.

Part of this would be a food pantry where no one is treated badly or looked down upon by the staff or volunteers...and the food distributed would be nutritious too not a bunch of empty calories/carbs...There would also be assistance for prescription and OTC items and transportation to/from medical apontments etc.

I would be working with Miss Scarlett on the above.

Excellent thread! Thank you <3
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #14
Breezy

How Do You Identify?:

All of us have a similar idea and could pool our vast resources!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Breezy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #15
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I would purchase the original Pumpkin Patch property near Lake Lure. I'd restore the 100 yr old house and make bedrooms out of each of the rooms in the house upstairs and downstairs. The kitchen would remain a kitchen.

The place would serve as a camping/outdoors experience for mentally, emotionally and physically handicapped children and youth. I would put camping cabins down by the river to rent out, this would make it possible for the camping/outdoors experience to be offered free to the children as it is likely their families may already be financially strapped.

While they are here they would experience art therapy, animal therapy, with rescued dogs, horses, goats and chickens. Some could experience fishing, helping pick the garden, helping prep for canning/freezing etc and could take some of the benefits from their learning labor home with them in jars of beans, jams, soup etc. There would also be a craft area with various degrees of difficulty for them. I think these children probably don't get a chance to experience helping in the kitchen or the yard and other things they might like to try to do or that their parents want them to do just for the experience. They would have a long list of activities to chose from. I could go on and on with this but you get the idea.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #16
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi View Post
From my post in the "Can I just say..." thread.

I want a house the size of Buckingham Palace with a garden as big as the grounds, so I can give a home to unwanted and neglected animals and have a Swan Sanctuary as well! Just think of all those snuggles to come home to after work….. I hope my future partner won’t mind! LOL!
I love the spirit of what you're saying, but having been attacked by a swan, and knowing they are famous for their aggression and fearless attacks, I'm not sure you'd be getting an awful lot of snuggles!

Now the albino turkey I saw Saturday in a wildlife habitat, that was a big snuggly bird!
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #17
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

If I were a venture capitalist looking for some non-profit to benefit from my largess, I would fund and create an organization to collect the plants from corporate building lobbies that are pulled and discarded every two weeks, and donate them to housing projects, community gardens, prisons and nursing homes.

Project team members, including coordinators, plant-collectors, truck drivers and so on, would income qualify and be well paid. I would also fund a budget for education, and to train people to lead ecology workshops explaining where plants in public places come from, how they benefit us in the urban environment, what their natural environments are like, and so on. The workshops would be offered in all the places that receive the plants.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #18
Beloved

How Do You Identify?:
alive
Preferred Pronoun?:
um
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,653 Times in 298 Posts
Beloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I've been to India and widows are just thrown away. They are seen as a burden. They are often abused, hungry, and dehumanized. I'd love to build a safe haven for them.
Beloved is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Beloved For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #19
Mr Nice Guy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kind, sweet, loving, romantic and a rare Butch. :)
Relationship Status:
I don't drive a Uhaul. :)

Thanked 4,894 Times in 1,307 Posts
Mr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST Reputation

I would build a sanctuary for ALL unwanted or homeless animals no matter what kind.
Mr Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mr Nice Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 03:53 PM   #20
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

/as a non-profit fundraiser this thread makes me happy!

There are so many organizations I'd support, if money were no object.

I'd set up a trust large enough that most of my charitable giving could come from the annual interest accrued.

I'd give A LOT of my time and resources to organizations that are focused on Immigration Equality and LGBT Asylum support.

I care very much about supporting my local communities so my next set of priorities would be to give to local non-profits like The Survival Center, Safe Passage, Tapestry Health, GLAD, arts programs for local public schools, the public libraries, camperships and scholarships for local students and our LGBTQ youth group.

And nationally I would support LAMBDA legal, the ACLU, Planned Parenthood, American Red Cross.