Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 11-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I’m definitely not yours.

Thanked 32,075 Times in 9,977 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default ...~*Whistling, Whistler, Whistle*~...

Don't know if it's a fetish of mine (or not), but whistling seems to have been a part of my 'universe' for some time now. Thought I'd leave a couple of items of interest, things I listened too yesterday or watched online .... sort of an exploration on "Whistling, Whistler, Whistle' from my evening, last night.

Radio (1940s era): The Whistler

"I am the Whistler, and I know many things, for I walk by night. I know many strange tales, hidden in the hearts of men and women who have stepped into the shadows. Yes... I know the nameless terrors of which they dare not speak..... Tonight's Tale: "The Voice In The Dark."

Original Air Date: July 25, 1942
Episode Number: 11

Film Noir: Return of the Whistler (1948)

(William Castle)

Bonus Film: Comrade X (December 13th, 1940)

A light-hearted spy movie, starring: Hedy Lamarr & Clark Gable.
Gable's housecoat in polka-dots was ..... awesome.

-xXx xXx-

______ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Don't know if it's a fetish of mine (or not), but whistling seems to have been a part of my 'universe' for some time now. Thought I'd leave a couple of items of interest, things I listened too yesterday or watched online .... sort of an exploration on "Whistling, Whistler, Whistle' from my evening, last night.
Ha! I thought I was the only one who still liked these old-time radio shows. I download them from iTunes.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:17 AM   #3
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,702 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

I first heard her story on NPR in a segment from TheMoth.org If you haven't heard of this filmmaker or her Film, please check out this link. Listen to her story and be sure to watch the trailer. I have no doubt it is a documentary most of this community will enjoy.

http://themoth.org/posts/stories/life-flight

Kimberly Reed : Life Flight
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2015, 05:55 PM   #4
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,589 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Advanced Style, (2014) About Fashion Plates of a Certain Vintage

Advanced Style examines the lives of seven unique New Yorkers whose eclectic personal style and vital spirit have guided their approach to aging.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:00 PM   #5
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Lunch 2012

For the past 40 years, a group of comedy writers and directors has gathered every other Wednesday for lunch - and other nourishment. These are the fabled guys that made America funny.

Stars: Sid Caesar, Monty Hall, Arthur Hiller, Carl Reiner
Old 02-20-2015, 06:04 PM   #6
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Finding Vivian Maier (2013 Posthumous view of photographer)

A documentary on the late Vivian Maier, a nanny whose previously unknown cache of 100,000 photographs earned her a posthumous reputation as one of the most accomplished street photographers.
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2015, 06:06 PM   #7
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Public Speaking (2010 Documentary with Fran Liebowitz)

A feature-length documentary starring Fran Lebowitz, a writer known for her unique take on modern life. The film weaves together extemporaneous monologues with archival footage and the effect is a portrait of Fran's worldview and experiences.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:13 PM   #8
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Last Will and Embezzlement (2010 Financial and exploitation of the elderly)
"
Last Will and Embezzlement" is a feature-length documentary which examines the financial exploitation of the elderly. Its creation was inspired by the recent, true-life events in the family of Pamela Glasner. Its focus is much more universal because the problem is, without question, universal. Of all the illegal and illicit enterprises in the world, elder exploitation is among the safest and most lucrative. It is a criminal's dream. It carries the least amount of risk, requires minimal outlay, can be done right from your living room, is virtually unreported by its victims - and then, even when it IS reported, it's perpetrators are practically never prosecuted.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:18 PM   #9
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

GasLand (2010)

Can you imagine being able to light your tap water on fire? This is just one of the many shocking results due to the natural gas drilling boom which has swept the United States. The Halliburton-developed drilling technology called hydraulic fracturing or "fracking" has unlocked a "Saudi Arabia of natural gas" just beneath us. But is fracking safe? Josh Fox encounters EPA whistleblowers, congressmen, world recognized scientists, and some of the most incredibly inspiring and heart-wrenching stories of ordinary Americans fighting against fossil fuel giants for environmental justice.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:22 PM   #10
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Banksy Does New York (2014 displays of street artists works in 31 days)

Documentary chronicling the famed street artist's "31 works of art in 31 days" in New York city.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: