Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 04-29-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation
Default PM Brown calls an old woman a bigot ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politi...10/8649644.stm

I don't know if anyone on this site is following the elections saga which is going on over here in the UK, but when I heard about this my respect for our PM Gordon Brown actually rose, because, finally (!) a politician being heard being honest.
The woman he talked to was a bigot!
Now the poor sod's being made to apologise again and again, and, sadly, this is the typical reaction of the common folk here, they are all incredibly bigoted and underinformed about the facts of life, yes immigration IS a problem, but, at the end of they day, immigrants are people too! Their humanity is demeaned and degraded on a daily basis by the gutter press here ...
Anyhow, just found this amusing and had to share
Old 04-29-2010, 08:01 PM   #2
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,783 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

I have been following the election stuff over there a bit. I have an interest in all things political, and I love your country.

I heard a snippet of the debates last week...one of the candidates really railing about why England shouldn't join the EU. And some of the immigration stuff...which is really becoming an issue in many western European countries as well -- Germany and the Netherlands come to mind. Don't know if you follow Dutch politics, but that Geert Wilders dude just scares me. He sounds very Hitler-esque at times, in my opinion.

Going to delve in to this election a bit more, though. To me, it is way more interesting than American politics at times.

Jake
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2010, 11:38 PM   #3
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

I think they're all as bad as each other and find it really sad that Europe has yet again failed to remember what happened the last time we let the bigots and megalomaniacs have their way ...
Old 04-30-2010, 01:27 AM   #4
StoneFinn

How Do You Identify?:
Transgressive Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine
Relationship Status:
hog-tied with love

StoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST Reputation

'allo--

I have been following from here as well-- and Massi-- I am with you. My respect for him *rose* as he was just calling it as he saw it, and frankly, he was spot on.

I don't know how much you have been following the immigration and boat issues here, but there are problems arising socially and politically in this region as well.

I am not going to go into too much, at this point... except to say (proudly)... I AM AN IMMIGRANT legally, and everything. I think that this is important to remember-- "immigrants" ARE people, and just like everything else-- we ARE beyond stereotypes. Just as I am not every transguy, nor every queer, I am not "every" immigrant.

and to PM Brown:

"If I were to think of and dwell on disastrous possibilities, I could do nothing. I throw myself headlong into my work, and come up again with my studies; if the storm within gets too loud, I take a glass too much to stun myself." ~~ Van Gogh
StoneFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StoneFinn For This Useful Post: