Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 06-13-2010, 09:43 PM   #41
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

http://www.womenshealth.gov/faq/fema...al-cutting.cfm

This is a FAQ page I found helpful.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blush For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2010, 06:54 PM   #42
Unndunn

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
doesn't matter to me
Relationship Status:
single

Unndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unndunn View Post
First of all, we're not talking about the scrotum at all. It's the foreskin. Next, I'm not an advocate for or against circumcision in males. I simply know that there are medical reasons that it helps reduce infections in males, which therefore helps reduce infections in the women (or men) that they have sex with. That was my point-- that there is no medical benefit to women who are circumcized, but there is for men who are circumcized.
Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
When I posted I had just gotten home from a 14 hour long graveyard shift, so you will have to forgive my mistype. I am not stupid, I know we were talking about foreskins. In fact, ---I--- was talking about foreskins but mistyped.

How about in the future you read and understand the entire message instead of using one mistyped word as your basis for dismissal? It's pretty clear that I was talking about foreskins - otherwise I would not have said anything about circumcisions.
I wasn't basing my post on your accidental word substitution; in fact the only thing I would like to have dismissed from your post was the attitude. I'm not allowed to call you on referencing the wrong body part but it's okay for you to say I didn't read or understand your entire message? Howabout in the future we all give each other a break?
Unndunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:44 PM   #43
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Question

Ok, so yesterday I was talking to someone about this thread who has a son. I asked her about circumcision (her son is circumcised) and why did she do it? So, she gave me various reasons, including working with men who were HIV+ and the stats around that, cleanliness, etc. I brought up the desensitizing of the penis and why not just teach children how to pull back the skin and clean the area (I said the same things to her the other day that I have now read others saying).

And she said to me, "Does anyone on that board have a son who was not circumcised? Can anyone speak to the difficulty in getting your 8 year old son to pull back the skin of a flacid penis and clean between the folds? Because it is not like you can do that for them at 8 years old."

She then went on to talk about hearing from more than one parent their difficulty with getting their sons to keep the area clean and spoke about one mother's experience with her son always getting infections under the foreskin and the pain that he would be in when she would have to take a q-tip to clean under the skin after it was infected.

So, now I am curious about this....does anyone here have a child who was not circumcised?

If so, what has the experience been like for you/your son?

(for the sake of self disclosure: I have no children and have not raised any children).

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2010, 08:53 AM   #44
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Im going to warn anyone who might read this article that its *extremely* disturbing. I was sickened.

Evidence of Female Genital Mutilation and sexual conpromise right here in the USA-->http://jezebel.com/5565895/cornell-s...te-6+year+olds
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:46 AM   #45
Unndunn

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
doesn't matter to me
Relationship Status:
single

Unndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Im going to warn anyone who might read this article that its *extremely* disturbing. I was sickened.

Evidence of Female Genital Mutilation and sexual conpromise right here in the USA-->http://jezebel.com/5565895/cornell-s...te-6+year+olds
That is so disturbing. There is no reason for this surgery. I honestly can't believe it's being done, especially in the US. I feel sick just thinking about those poor girls and how this is affecting them now as well as in the future.
Unndunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:39 PM   #46
Enigma

How Do You Identify?:
~ & ~
Relationship Status:
Enchanted

Enigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unndunn View Post
That is so disturbing. There is no reason for this surgery. I honestly can't believe it's being done, especially in the US. I feel sick just thinking about those poor girls and how this is affecting them now as well as in the future.

This loathesome surgical practice happens to little girls and boys ....and adults....because there is a lack of education, acceptance and respect for gender diversity and sexual expression.

My prayers go out to all the people, both here in the US and globally, who routinely have their bodies and self expression policed and invaded by others. It happens every day, in covert and blatant ways. It matters not what country or religion; conformity is demanded.

Hida Viloria is a spokesperson for the rights of children and adults to be free from the tyranny of medical intervention and social gender policing.

Here are parents who have had to fight the medical establishment to protect their little boy. My heart goes out to them and their son, Patrick.

Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enigma For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2010, 02:10 PM   #47
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post

So, now I am curious about this....does anyone here have a child who was not circumcised?

If so, what has the experience been like for you/your son?

(for the sake of self disclosure: I have no children and have not raised any children).
Dapper,

I do have a son who is uncircumcised who is now 20. I never had any problems with him keeping his penis clean. He never had an infection, never had any issues. He was tender when he first started to masturbate cause who knows anything about moderation and forskin care at a young age.

There was never any question in my mind to not have my son circumcised. The desensitivity issue was enough to convince me. If I even needed a final nail in the coffin of "NO" it was seeing the little board that the boy is strapped into to get circucised. I had also had sex with two males who had poor circumcisions done, one lost the tip of his penis and the other had to have it redone at 16.

My son has never complained to me that he was not done. There were never any issues in the change rooms (that I am aware of).

Anyway... just thought I would pipe in with my pennies...

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2010, 06:15 PM   #48
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation

A relevant albeit disturbing read. Dear God, why?

So Sad
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:19 PM   #49
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation

So sorry, I didn't see your earlier post, Medusa! Forgive me!
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:50 PM   #50
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Found this on Open Salon (it's heartbreaking; just forewarning you)

"It's Tradition, I Had No Choice" Nellie's Story
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #51
Stearns

How Do You Identify?:
Trans Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Husband

Stearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST Reputation

Legislation recently introduced in the U.S. Congress aims to strengthen current asylum laws for immigrant women who are trying to flee their country to escape gender-based violence.

Listen to the story of Yaye, a 36-year-old woman from a West African country who was subjected to FGM as a baby. She moved to the U.S. for a forced marriage and bore 3 daughters. Family members started pressuring her to bring her daughters back to the homeland so the "procedure" could be performed on them. The Tahirih Center was able to win her asylum.

Stearns is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stearns For This Useful Post: