Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 11-02-2011, 08:38 AM   #201
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,378 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixenagogo View Post
she's my latest crush.
I find myself saying please and thank you to her.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:51 AM   #202
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
I've upgraded to IOS 5 but am not using iCloud. It only provides a limited amount of storage unless you pay.

I'm on Snow Leopard but considering Lion as it's not very expensive to upgrade - although also in consideration is how much I would use the 'extra features'.
I just did the upgrade to Lion last week in prep for the phone so the OS's could chat with each other. Something not highly publicized is that if you want it (the phone) to play nice with iPhoto that has to be upgraded also, not very expensive either, but a consideration.

For cloud storage I spread things around a bit not wanting all of my eggs in one basket. A combination of Dropbox, Evernote, Google docs, and now iCloud, seems to cover my needs without going out of pocket.

And yes, my phone is much smarter than I am.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2011, 08:34 AM   #203
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums
Question

Well, for this mornings time changeover my mac rolled back an hour as it should, but the phone went back two hours.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:36 PM   #204
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanent ban 3/17/2013 - TROLL
Relationship Status:
Partner to my best friend

Thanked 1,874 Times in 485 Posts
ButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST Reputation

That is why I never push my machines past their native install. Well, unless you count Linux on a Windows crapper. Ok, well, and jailbreaking, but that's it. I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Well, for this mornings time changeover my mac rolled back an hour as it should, but the phone went back two hours.

ButchEire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #205
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,130 Times in 6,413 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

I want Siri. It's true.
I also want the Kindle Fire.
I am a geek and proud of it.

Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #206
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

I was eligible for an upgrade and so I caved and got the 4s. Siri is loads of fun! We asked her where to burry a dead body and she came up with three nearby cemetaries. We also asked her how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood. (omg) she replied with, "why do people keep asking me that?" lol.

It comes with iCloud already installed, which was super useful, but the battery only lasts for about 26 hours and that's without any apps open. Otherwise I am loving it!!
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2011, 12:54 PM   #207
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,130 Times in 6,413 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalinaRose View Post
I was eligible for an upgrade and so I caved and got the 4s. Siri is loads of fun! We asked her where to burry a dead body and she came up with three nearby cemetaries. We also asked her how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood. (omg) she replied with, "why do people keep asking me that?" lol.

It comes with iCloud already installed, which was super useful, but the battery only lasts for about 26 hours and that's without any apps open. Otherwise I am loving it!!
Apple's announced that they will be sending out an update to address the iOS 5 battery drain.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #208
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
Apple's announced that they will be sending out an update to address the iOS 5 battery drain.
They should have got it right before releasing the update...daft Apple.

I was notified a few days ago that the second beta 5.1 was sent to the developers....and about time too!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2011, 12:57 PM   #209
ruby_woo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,941 Times in 376 Posts
ruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputation

I think I'm going to cave soon and get the 4s. I'm still on the 3g, and it's driving me up the wall. The music screen keeps freezing, and I'm having to reboot my phone at least once a day, usually while on the bus at 7:30am while trying to balance my phone, coffee, umbrella, and purse while not falling over. Ack.
ruby_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ruby_woo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2011, 01:04 PM   #210
vixenagogo

How Do You Identify?:
unabashedly femme!
Preferred Pronoun?:
i prefer being proadverb.
Relationship Status:
single.

Thanked 1,259 Times in 380 Posts
vixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputation
Default iMess with siri...

siri provides hours (ok minutes) of entertainment while waiting or simply to impress those around...

vixenagogo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vixenagogo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2011, 01:05 PM   #211
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
Oh, excellent! I loved not having to charge my 4g all the time. I ended up getting a car charger since I drive so much these days.
The Following User Says Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2011, 01:07 PM   #212
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

ButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST Reputation

Ah, great, one of my exes as a computer generated voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixenagogo View Post
siri provides hours (ok minutes) of entertainment while waiting or simply to impress those around...

Old 11-08-2011, 01:14 PM   #213
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,957 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

I just turned off icloud because of the battery drain, besides I don't need it.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #214
Daktari

iCloud doesn't have big enough free capacity. My iPod is backed up to my iMac...and external drives for stuff. I don't feel I need iCloud at this point in time.

Who knows, I may use it in future. S'unlikely though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #215
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

One of my students said that iCloud crashed last week and caused a major problem for many iPhone users. Same thing with Siri. Over 4 million users were trying to use her at the same time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #216
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Cool apple thoughts here. woohooo! I want to get an iphone real soon. Which should I go with the 4 or 4 s .. and what apps or upgrades should I definitely get for it??

siri sounds like soo much fun!!

I HEART

Have loved the apple computers I've had in the past and also my ipod classic and itunes!!

Anybody use a car adapter for their ipods. I've had a couple different ones but they haven't really worked well.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #217
Daktari

Wait 'til next year for the 5 which is what they should have been releasing this year but had trouble getting all the gubbins in an even slimmer casing without it overheating badly.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2011, 01:37 PM   #218
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,957 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder View Post
Cool apple thoughts here. woohooo! I want to get an iphone real soon. Which should I go with the 4 or 4 s .. and what apps or upgrades should I definitely get for it??

I HEART

Have loved the apple computers I've had in the past and also my ipod classic and itunes!!

Anybody use a car adapter for their ipods. I've had a couple different ones but they haven't really worked well.

Well I had to pay a small upgrade fee but I just got the 4, I LOVE IT!!!! I have yet to see what the big diff is between the 4 and 4s. But for 99.00 I will take the iphone4. Infact, we went back and got two more

We are finding tons of great apps which of course can be used on any iphone. It is just simply fun. I have no idea what is in store with iphone5.

I use a USB adapter and just plug into the car for that.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2011, 01:38 PM   #219
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

I agree, let them work out the bugs first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
Wait 'til next year for the 5 which is what they should have been releasing this year but had trouble getting all the gubbins in an even slimmer casing without it overheating badly.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #220
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder View Post

I HEART

Hi Ruffy,

I use an adapter with my iphone since my ipod tunes are all on it. I also like to listen to pandora so it works nicely. Do you want me to look and see what kind of adaptor it is?

I would recommend the 4s since it's so much faster and has a ton to offer. And of course you get Siri. Your app choices are so vast it's hard to recommend something without knowing all your likes and dislikes. I have tons of games on mine since my girls are always playing them on the way to school. I also have food apps, art apps and science apps. I'm a bit app happy at times!

Do you have an Apple store nearby? It's nice to go in and chat up a family room rep so they can help you pick out what would work best for you!