jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:
And you said I wasn’t your type!!!

Thanked 1,079 Times in 377 Posts
jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow 10-4 The Truck Stops Here

Any truckers out there? Share your stories from the road. Tips on eating healthier and less expensive on the wallet. Safety issues. Pet peeves.

“Sometimes we make the right decision; sometimes we make the decision right.”

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
jelli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 08:18 AM   #2
Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Femme; Earth bound Angel and Babygirl;
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Angel, as long as it's respectful
Relationship Status:
Waiting for the One who can complete me

Thanked 2,069 Times in 468 Posts
Heavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST Reputation

As femme as I am, I used to be an OTR truck driver. I was trained by C R England which was a joke, then went with Werner to get my feet wet, then my own truck. It was quite the experience and people who know me now cant believe I did it! I still have my class A CDL.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:30 AM   #3
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation

There's definitely good money to be made out there.

I have worked for a truck driving company in the past and it was my all time favorite job. I have truckers in my family and most importantly my Cruel is a trucker.

Needless to say, I have a lot of respect for truckers and the families waiting at home for them to return.

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #4
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Wink

Getting ready to go out on the road with Cruel!

I am excited to take of and spend some time with Cruel. I am a bit nervous about eating healthy, but will do my best. I imagine it to be somewhat like camping except you can't just get out of the tent all the time.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #5
TIMBERWOLF

How Do You Identify?:
Old Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lesbian Butch so that would be she, but I come to just about anything *S*
Relationship Status:
Single

TIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST Reputation

I worked and team drove for PANTHERII out of Ohio. There isn't a reason to not eat healthy out on the road or just when your at home. We were lucky to have a "Baby Truck" Freight liner with a Box and a Large Refrigerator and a large pantry. We also had a Microwave. I loved driving and expediting but I had to go back on Insulin. They don't like for you to drive while on insulin even though i have never had a hyperglycemia episode .
So go out and enjoy seeing the country with wild open eyes and aww's , cause I never got use to seeing the same ole stuff. It was always an adventure to me.
Alright driver, keep it up and shiney,
TIMBER
TIMBERWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TIMBERWOLF For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 09:07 PM   #6
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Cruel loves her job.

The only real downside is the healthy eating while still maintaining a budget. Her company doesn't allow inverters. So therefore things such as a microwave aren't permitted either.

She does have cooler that runs off her 12v. and quick pot for heating hot water. She used to have a coffee pot, but it kept blowing a fuse.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:42 PM   #7
TIMBERWOLF

How Do You Identify?:
Old Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lesbian Butch so that would be she, but I come to just about anything *S*
Relationship Status:
Single

TIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST Reputation

Have you seen those little crock pots that look like a black lunch box? Plug that into the cig lighter and cook a meal like a slow cooker. Its easy to put together a meal for 2 while your driving down the road.
TIMBERWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TIMBERWOLF For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #8
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelli View Post
Getting ready to go out on the road with Cruel!

I am excited to take of and spend some time with Cruel. I am a bit nervous about eating healthy, but will do my best. I imagine it to be somewhat like camping except you can't just get out of the tent all the time.
i been driving for almost 7 yrs now.... and sometimes it is hard to eat healthy out here.
i sometimes stop at wally world ... for eats.. fruits and such.
but lately i been going to regular supermarkets.... and try to search out ..
whole food or fresh market , stores..... i also get a lot of Rotisserie chickens. which are way better then fried any day
been trying to stick to a low carb diet which can be hard to do at times.
soo been doing the chicken with a avacado / grapes , latley been geting fresh cherries
are you on facebook??? come join a page there for truckers .... called
Road Talk ... the page is ran by a soft butch name .. Blair.. the page is for anyone gay or str8 .. and she is very informative on road conditions , weather , pics , accidents..
maybe we will even cross paths someday .. never know... i get to NC now and then.

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2011, 05:11 AM   #9
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

the bottom line is ..........
you can eat healthy on the road....... its all about choices you make on what to eat.
sometimes it is hard .. when DQ is calling your name as you drive by.. lol

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2011, 06:10 AM   #10
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Cruel and I have talked about the crock pot/lunch box. Do you have one? How's the clean up factor?

I will have to check out the FB page.

Truck stops, phew. Those can be an experience. lol

Old 07-18-2011, 11:04 AM   #11
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Quote:
Cruel and I have talked about the crock pot/lunch box. Do you have one? How's the clean up factor?

I will have to check out the FB page.

Truck stops, phew. Those can be an experience. lol
yes I do ..... i cook in it all the time.......
in fact i have a 5 step video of me cooking a dinner in one on FB .. lol
i line it with foil.. and insert one of them foil loaf pans... i love mine.

the truck stops oh yeah.. lol ....... petro now has a decent salad bar.. but like everything some locations are better then others.

The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2011, 07:28 AM   #12
Spikester

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Boi,
Relationship Status:
Single

Spikester Has the BEST ReputationSpikester Has the BEST ReputationSpikester Has the BEST ReputationSpikester Has the BEST ReputationSpikester Has the BEST ReputationSpikester Has the BEST ReputationSpikester Has the BEST ReputationSpikester Has the BEST ReputationSpikester Has the BEST ReputationSpikester Has the BEST ReputationSpikester Has the BEST Reputation

I been driving truck for over 14yrs now, even work as a yard dog which I love doing. Do miss that job. But what im on now is the rail which is cool I run the southeast and home ever other night and weekends and be getting on the list to work local here in a few months which will give me more of a life.
Spikester is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spikester For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #13
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Hiya Folks and All from NW Indiana;The Flying J Travel Plaza is here and this is definitely a Rainbow town.The restaurant has decent food also. I-94 & exit 15b. 1401 Ripley Street Lake,Station,In. Gas here is $3.67 for reg today.Over and out.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #14
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorninthesofa View Post
Hiya Folks and All from NW Indiana;The Flying J Travel Plaza is here and this is definitely a Rainbow town.The restaurant has decent food also. I-94 & exit 15b. 1401 Ripley Street Lake,Station,In. Gas here is $3.67 for reg today.Over and out.
hmm been there a time or 2. do you work there pop??
and gas?? i cant put gas in my truck..

hey ya spiksters...... i come to atlanta from time to time .. sounds like a plan lining yourself up soon for being home more..... i would LOVE that.
its been hard for me to find local work... driving.. i do not pull a trailer. i have not pulled one in 6 yrs....
i wouldnt mind fetchin them pup trailers around town and such .. i know i can handle that, been checking into local courier stuff.
i also paint and draw in my truck.. lol .. while waiting for a load, and during my break time.
check out my art page........

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-D...818429?sk=wall

anyways.... im hangin in Lafyette In at the moment .. have a load to pick up tomorrow and head to toronto On area.. by monday.

The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2011, 01:05 PM   #15
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Cruel and I have been on the road since Sunday. Have been Charlotte, Raleigh, Augusta, Charlotte, then onto Maine. I have been enjoying the states WV, VA, Maryland, Penn, Conn, NH, NY, NJ, and of course Maine.

We ran into a guy from Cruel's main OC when we stopped for showers. Then ran into again Jay, Maine. Made me smile.

A lot of friendly folks out here. Some people can be so rude to the truckers by their lack of road courtesy. Many of the truck stops are decent to good. Some real shady. I enjoy listening to the CB some times and at other times truckers are talking just to hear themselves talk.

Think we are picking up a trailee in Sidney and heading towards Boston.

Be safe all.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2011, 08:59 AM   #16
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Long Island? Surely they mean ice tea.

Old 07-29-2011, 01:26 AM   #17
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post
yes I do ..... i cook in it all the time.......
in fact i have a 5 step video of me cooking a dinner in one on FB .. lol
i line it with foil.. and insert one of them foil loaf pans... i love mine.

the truck stops oh yeah.. lol ....... petro now has a decent salad bar.. but like everything some locations are better then others.
I was told that if you have an inverter, you can go to WalMart for a small 1 quart slow cooker and the plastic liners.... they have the cookers for approx. $10 and if you use a liner, then a couple of rubber bands and toss it in the cooler/refrig.

Petro has an open salad bar versus pre-made salads? i don't know how well that would work wither since cruel never stops at Petro. Schneider only contracts with certain fuel stops.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2011, 01:41 AM   #18
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Exclamation

Well, we made it back from Maine and all points in between! What a great trip! I noticed a lot of things that I didn't realize before.

Many of the night or wknd support for drivers can be harsh. Seems like they don't really give as quality of service as your regular DBL/dispatcher.

Food choices really can be difficult especially when you are the type of driver that doesn't stop often.

Truck stops can have good food, but expensive. Truck stops can have really bad food, still expensive.

Noticed a lot of guys with regular coolers strapped into their passenger seat. When they need to drain it they just open up the door, slide cooler over a bit, and wah-la. Looked into a few regular size coolers. Most were inexpensive and state keeps things cold between 3-5 days. The one Cruel will try is 48qts and will keep cool for 3 days. Hoping we can at least pack healthy for a couple days and then in meantime if there's something healthy can grab and toss in the cooler.

Anyone get the munchies when driving?

A few other things I noticed - drivers are not given a lot of respect, CB's can come in way handy or ridiculous entertainment, never knew how many parking lots smelled like urine, etc.

Old 07-29-2011, 05:57 PM   #19
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Quote:
I was told that if you have an inverter, you can go to WalMart for a small 1 quart slow cooker and the plastic liners.... they have the cookers for approx. $10 and if you use a liner, then a couple of rubber bands and toss it in the cooler/refrig.

Petro has an open salad bar versus pre-made salads? i don't know how well that would work wither since cruel never stops at Petro. Schneider only contracts with certain fuel stops.
petro salad bar... they do have a good one..... some locations like anything else is better then others..
sometimes i get a salad from wendys or mc donalds. think they make the best salads for a fast food place.
i made my own tuna in truck.. i dont trust things made with mayo made in other places, not sure how long its been sitting or what temps.
in a couple weeks....... i am taking on a team driver... someone i have known for yrs.. and trust , she has been wanting to do what im doing sooooo im going to be training hr, and team for a spell. we are already talking about how to work together about eating healthy and going for walks together.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2011, 07:28 PM   #20
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Quote:
Well, we made it back from Maine and all points in between! What a great trip! I noticed a lot of things that I didn't realize before.

Many of the night or wknd support for drivers can be harsh. Seems like they don't really give as quality of service as your regular DBL/dispatcher.

Food choices really can be difficult especially when you are the type of driver that doesn't stop often.

Truck stops can have good food, but expensive. Truck stops can have really bad food, still expensive.

Noticed a lot of guys with regular coolers strapped into their passenger seat. When they need to drain it they just open up the door, slide cooler over a bit, and wah-la. Looked into a few regular size coolers. Most were inexpensive and state keeps things cold between 3-5 days. The one Cruel will try is 48qts and will keep cool for 3 days. Hoping we can at least pack healthy for a couple days and then in meantime if there's something healthy can grab and toss in the cooler.

Anyone get the munchies when driving?

A few other things I noticed - drivers are not given a lot of respect, CB's can come in way handy or ridiculous entertainment, never knew how many parking lots smelled like urine, etc.

i been snacking on fresh cherries or water melon while im driving here lately ..
chew gum.. drink a lot of plain green tea.. i make myself .. cuz i dont put nothing in it..and ,make it in a quart size water bottle

Tags
career, job, truckers, trucking