Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > LGBT Activism, Allies, ETC.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Rainbow/Queer Flags/Bumper Stickers--Yes/No?

Stemming from Princess Belle's thread, do you make it VISIBLY obvious within your community/neighborhood that you are part of the LGBTQ community?

Last edited by Soon; 09-14-2010 at 09:31 PM. Reason: trying to make a poll!
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

I do in Ohio.....

I have not here in Florida, it's kinda scary here.
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 09:39 PM   #3
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

I live in a very small town where even the Klan still runs rampant. I don't give a fuck. My car has a small rainbow bar under the license plate and a large rainbow ribbon on the back. My truck had TONS of rainbow and femme pride stickers all over the back window and tailgate. I am ME and I am proud of who I am. If someone has a problem with it, I will deal with it when the problem arises. *shrug*
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 09:41 PM   #4
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

We have a very faded B-F sticker, and not too many folks up here actually know what it is. If we had a rainbow flag I'd like to fly it.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 09:48 PM   #5
Isadora

How Do You Identify?:
Momma, Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
I am in love. Truly Madly Deeply

Thanked 2,128 Times in 560 Posts
Isadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST Reputation

I had one in MN and a bunch of college age Iowa students tried to run me off the interstate.

Stupid boys. Can we say CELL PHONE? I took down their plates. The HP caught them down the road with white paint from my car on their bumper. I knew, trained and worked with every cop in southern MN. And more important than knowing me, they liked me.

Don't fuck with the witch. I have four stickers on my car:
two leather flags, one Pagan Wheel of the Year, an Oakland Raiders one and
rainbow words that say This is beyond Gay.

Read me! www.leatherati.com
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Isadora For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 10:01 PM   #6
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My rainbow bar has faded.....and I need a new one.....

I'm not afraid to put one on the Mom~Mobile AT ALL. Oh PLEASE try to run me off the road....PLEASE! I would SOOOOOOO love to get my inner rage off on some idiotic frat brats!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 10:08 PM   #7
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I have a small rainbow pin on the inside visor of my car, as well as a little doohickey on my key chain and a rainbow colored tassle hanging from my rearview mirror (although it's very faded since I've had it since high school).

There's nothing on the outside of the car though. I don't feel it's necessary.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 10:03 PM   #8
ravfem

How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl
Relationship Status:
negative

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,269 Posts
ravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputation

i admit i'm a bumper sticker ho. LOVE them!

When i first figured out i was gay, i made my own sticker for my back window. Later i found the gay store and spent almost $50 the first trip on bumper stickers alone.

Then i discovered Northern Sun and thought i'd died & gone to heaven! Unfortunately, one of my favorite ones ("Don't assume I share your prejudices") is one that fades pretty quickly, so i tend to stock up on them.

One that i can't find anymore ~ "A world of wanted children would make a world of difference".

When Bush was president, i had this one:

Some i've had or do have:
"Christianity is a cult with more members"
"If ignorance is bliss why aren't more people happy?"
"How will I know i misbehaved if she doesn't punish me?"
"Speak your mind even if your voice shakes"
"That's ok, I wasn't using my civil rights anyway"

With the car i drive now, i only put them on the windows (i live with an auto body repair/painter person who is soooooo down on bumper stickers because of the damage to the paint) so i have to rotate them more often. i always have at least one queer, one peace sign and one leather/kink sticker.

my car has been spit on (while i was sitting in it!) and had plenty of dings from other car doors being slammed into mine. It's all good.

Did i mention i kinda sorta like stickers?

Old 09-14-2010, 10:18 PM   #9
cane

How Do You Identify?:
male identified butch
Relationship Status:
Married

cane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputation

Don't have a car, just a beautiful scooter and there's no room for any bumper stickers on my baby.

And besides that, I'm a walking pride flag all by myself.

cane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cane For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 10:38 PM   #10
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Years Ago

I did something shameful.

I would sometimes drive to the closest major city that had a large queer community (multiple times) with my rainbow sticker on (it was one where you can just peel it off) and took it off when I drove back home to my smaller town.

I work for a Catholic School Board. (which is actually PUBLICLY funded due complicated reasons). I still burn with redness that I actually reached back and peeled it off before I hit my city--my apt. was very close to my school at the time.

There's more shame than that but I wanted to share that feeling of peeling off the sticker--when I had my first queer relationship--so NO ONE would KNOW that I had a female lover.

Thanks for sharing your stories of rainbow/queer stickers or visible signs of being part of the LGBTQI community.

Last edited by Soon; 09-14-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post: