Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #141
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

forgot to add - sachita, that is one of the things i love about the model you are building (& sharing with other women). that it is accessible to different communities/built on a model that is actually sustainable. versus a lot of folks i've seen doing sustainability organizing work in a way that is in reality unsustainable in a lot of communities. if that makes any sense.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #142
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishah View Post
forgot to add - sachita, that is one of the things i love about the model you are building (& sharing with other women). that it is accessible to different communities/built on a model that is actually sustainable. versus a lot of folks i've seen doing sustainability organizing work in a way that is in reality unsustainable in a lot of communities. if that makes any sense.

not entirely no lol

I know what it needs to be. Who the people are that make it happen, I don't know. I'd love for it to be all queer but I'm more interested in good humans who don't get caught up in labels. I think it would be cool to have a very diversified group of people- kinky, poly,BF, spiritual, whatever. we come together for a much much bigger concept and although different we appreciate everyone's "thing".

My main motivation is to build a small loving community that focuses on food safety and teaching others to do the same. Thats why I am posting here and want to share with all of you. I would love to see more of you ban together and do what I hope to do.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #143
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

‎"We live in a technological age and have the notion that every problem has a technological solution. In the process, we've lost the experience of magic in our daily lives. Self-sufficient living allows us to experience magic daily, and it's wonderful: the magic of germination, decomposition, the cycling year, the relationship between soil and plants, the diversity of birds and insects and how they do this great wheeling, complex dance." — Harvey Ussery

No matter where you live or where you are in your journey toward self-sufficient living, you'll be inspired by the accounts and advice shared by Harvey and eight other modern homesteaders in our piece below.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/moder...z12fmzkon.aspx
Old 10-31-2012, 11:10 AM   #144
dykeumentary

How Do You Identify?:
butch dyke

Thanked 1,547 Times in 359 Posts
dykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
‎"We live in a technological age and have the notion that every problem has a technological solution. In the process, we've lost the experience of magic in our daily lives. Self-sufficient living allows us to experience magic daily, and it's wonderful: the magic of germination, decomposition, the cycling year, the relationship between soil and plants, the diversity of birds and insects and how they do this great wheeling, complex dance." — Harvey Ussery

No matter where you live or where you are in your journey toward self-sufficient living, you'll be inspired by the accounts and advice shared by Harvey and eight other modern homesteaders in our piece below.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/moder...z12fmzkon.aspx
Just thought since things don't seem to be getting that much better here in NYC, I'd stir the pot and see what people here think:

*Do people who think "government is too big" expect that Wal-Mart, or their hedge fund will rescue them today from their flooded house or to help their elders evacuate?

*How many more disasters will it take until people consume less (generally), and consume more things that are grown locally and sustainably (specifically)?

*Did you know that NYC built their low-income housing in flood zones, and so the poorest and most needy of the area's residents have been without elevators, hot water and heat since Sunday?

*How will poor people in areas with no power vote for elected officials who oppose global corporate capitalism? How will anyone vote if there's no power at their polling place? Oh wait, mega-corporations are people now, so they will be fine to vote.

*What can we learn from this storm, and all the "100 year storms" that happen annually in these days?
dykeumentary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dykeumentary For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2012, 12:34 PM   #145
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

ooooo would love talking about that. I have a bunch of kids I have to prepare a Halloween thing for but will be back!
Sachita is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2012, 07:33 AM   #146
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

I thought about where to really post this. I'd like to see the direct of this thread move towards sustainability even if you live in the city, apt whatever. This includes ways to make things, save money and generally survive or live frugally.

I thought this was great info and something I will most likely try. During the winter my electric bills are easily 400-500 a month to heat several buildings.
This would also be great for a greenhouse.

http://www.permies.com/wood-burning-stoves.html

Tags
communal living, economy, gardening