Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 12-06-2016, 08:12 PM   #1
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation
Default Orange Theory Fitness

Anyone have experience with the (gym?) Orange Theory Fitness? My bro swears by em as says I should join. Thoughts?
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:37 PM   #2
legally_b10nde

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman - Hello Daddy, hello mom. I'm your ch-ch-ch cherry bomb!
Preferred Pronoun?:
female/she/her
Relationship Status:
Single by choice

legally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Anyone have experience with the (gym?) Orange Theory Fitness? My bro swears by em as says I should join. Thoughts?
Not a member there but I do like the name. Give it try or ask for free trial pass to get a sense of the gym. What are you looking for in a gym? What sort of exercise will you be doing? What is your fitness goal? Do your due diligence in search, good luck and have fun!
Old 12-06-2016, 10:38 PM   #3
pumpndude

How Do You Identify?:
Good Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

pumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Hi, I used to be a gym rat...I have never heard of that gym but if they have a lot of free weights- dumbells (different weight sizes) and they have a lot of weight benches with universal bars and racks of weights... That's good
Also you would want a variety of machines, for all the muscle groups..
And variety of cardio machines....

This all depends on what you want to achieve- just get into shape, build muscle (body building) or power lifting..

I'm sure that the gym will have someone that can set you up with a program for you to follow, what you do on certain days....Make sure that they look like they work out , are fit or muscled up...This person tends to know more than people that just look skinny...And you learn by watching others and asking them what muscle group was that exercise for.....guys are really cool that way...

Hope I helped some....
Take Care
Old 12-07-2016, 03:03 PM   #4
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks y'all for responding.

Goal is basically improve cardio and drop a few pounds.

OTF is something different... so I hear. It's not your traditional gym (thus the ?), you don't just go in and workout. There are only classes where half the time (30 of 60 minutes) is on some weight lifting and the other half is on cardio. The whole time you wear a heart monitor to ensure you're not working out too much or too little. Then there's some "coach" who's walking around with a headset giving you encouragement and changing everyone up when needed. The other ... pretty cool... thing is that the heart monitor reading is displayed up on this board so you can see if you're working out too much/little.

This is everything I've learned from my bro and from stopping by there for a visit. They just opened up one near my house. My bro swears by it because the time goes by fast, you're not waiting for equipment or trying to remember what exercise you did last time and/or which one to do next. He's dropped like 70lbs so something's working!

I've a free session this Friday so I wanted to find out if anyone else used them and what they thought. I guess they've been around since 2010 but now they're popping up everywhere!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2016, 10:04 PM   #5
legally_b10nde

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman - Hello Daddy, hello mom. I'm your ch-ch-ch cherry bomb!
Preferred Pronoun?:
female/she/her
Relationship Status:
Single by choice

legally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Thanks y'all for responding.

Goal is basically improve cardio and drop a few pounds.

OTF is something different... so I hear. It's not your traditional gym (thus the ?), you don't just go in and workout. There are only classes where half the time (30 of 60 minutes) is on some weight lifting and the other half is on cardio. The whole time you wear a heart monitor to ensure you're not working out too much or too little. Then there's some "coach" who's walking around with a headset giving you encouragement and changing everyone up when needed. The other ... pretty cool... thing is that the heart monitor reading is displayed up on this board so you can see if you're working out too much/little.

This is everything I've learned from my bro and from stopping by there for a visit. They just opened up one near my house. My bro swears by it because the time goes by fast, you're not waiting for equipment or trying to remember what exercise you did last time and/or which one to do next. He's dropped like 70lbs so something's working!

I've a free session this Friday so I wanted to find out if anyone else used them and what they thought. I guess they've been around since 2010 but now they're popping up everywhere!
Good luck & have fun there... let us know your experience! I'm sure others would like to hear your feedback.
Old 01-02-2017, 01:18 PM   #6
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Okay y'all, sorry for the delay... holidays and all... blah blah blah...

So... there are only classes, you don't go in and just work out. They have a class every hour, seven days a week. They have a rotating schedule of four class types or focus: E - endurance, S - Strength, P - Power and finally ESP which is a little of all three types.

They all include some treadmill, row machine and floor (small weights) work. They focus of the classes, E or S or P is created by the type of work you do on the machines or on the floor with the weights. For example, Endurance means longer periods on certain exercises. Power means shorter periods but with higher intensity. Power also includes things like burpees <-- EVIL!

Regarding instruction/instructors... they have one instructor giving direction to the groups and individuals. The class is divided in two, half start off on the machines and half start off on the floor. She/he walks around the room with a head set telling you where your settings should be on (machines) and what exercise you should be doing (floor) and also how long you should be doing whatever you're supposed to be doing. About half way through the class, 30 minutes, everyone switches... floor now gets on the machines and machines peeps now go to the floor.

The philosophy ... I guess one would call it... is interval training. On the machines for example, you'll have periods in one of three categories of ... exertion(?). There's your BASE PACE = a pace you could do for about 20 minutes. PUSH PACE = you're feeling uncomfortable and ALL OUT = one trainer calls this "Jesus take the wheel." So you cycle between these three periods along with periods or recovery.

They also have you wear a heart monitor so that you can see how your hard or easy your working out. Your heart rate is displayed up on a giant monitor and it will be in green, orange or red. This is done so you can see how your heart rate corresponds to your effort. For example, if THINK you're going at a pretty good (PUSH) pace on the treadmill but your heart rate is in the green, then you're not really pushing yourself. You're NOT at a true PUSH PACE. Conversely, if you're supposed to be in a recovery interval and your in the orange or red, then you're not really in recovery mode. In either case, you have to make an adjustment so that your heart rate matches the interval.

I've been five times... it's not too bad. It's nice getting in and hour in 55 minutes. It's nice not having to HUNT for equipment. And it's nice having an instructor pushing you along. Despite the direction given, you can still go at your own pace. I've a few back issues so there are some exercises that I just don't do. They'll give me alternative exercise or if I'm just "naw" I don't get any grief over it. I know best what my back will tolerate!

I think that's about it... off the top of me head! Would I recommend it?? Yes, I would. I'll be going back again.

Questions???
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post: