Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WomenMoveMe View Post
Western Kentucky checking in. It was somewhat brutal there for a bit. Prison was on lockdown. However, all is well, and while we had some very violent weather, no tornadoes.

You and yours were in my thoughts yesterday WWM - I'm glad all is cool with you.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2012, 06:33 AM   #22
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,009 Posts
Princess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST Reputation

Harveyville, ks actually had no warning at all. Due to very unfortunate circumstances their warning system was never activated. They literally didn't know until the tornado was on top of them. 1 death, 11 injuries and about 40% of the small town, which is about 250 ppl have damaged-destroyed homes. I have a good friend who list their home in this mess. I know the ppl there can use all of the prayers and thoughts they can get!
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #23
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaea View Post
yes i realize, however i would rather donate directly to the people via a local church somewhere...red cross and cash aid doesn't always make it to the devastated areas as we are all aware from the floods in new orleans.

Im going to find out if target or somewhere will be setting up donations i know tide usually does...

I agree with this and what I would do.

Prayers to all. So very sad,
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #24
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He preferredably :)
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Thanked 2,267 Times in 510 Posts
RNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST Reputation
Default thank you !!!!!!

Gaea thank you so much for well wishes and genuine concern . You are a class act friend . I was thinking a lot about what you posted regarding donations to red cross verses churches . Red cross is a good place for donating blood for the packed red cells and fresh fffp and platelets ( please do not donate if you are a chronic anemic or have low bp or the jov or titis ) no they screen all that stuff . Seriously if people could do that there that's great. However , like yourself I am a fan of donating clothes , glasses , watches , foods etc to churches . I used to donate to united way from my paycheck until that org embezzlement scandal and I no longer do that . It's humbling to live in the region I do because until katrina , our area was the largest poverty stricken and now we are 2nd in the states but we are the first still to be the most illiterate sadly . There are documentarys out there about appalachian life in the ky, wv , southern Ohio region that will bring some tears in your eyes for sure . People don't realize the severity of life here until they see documentarys. There is an old famous saying here , that was shown in the movie coal minors daughter that goes " around here you have 3 choices for work .. coal mine , sell moonshine , or move on down the line ". Sadly kids drop out of school in the 8th , 9th grade to work in farms and various under table jobs to help support their families . That still occurs here . There really are mountain people here who stay in the mountains and live there secluded from the towns and those poor kids don't even know what a school is . There are needy in your area surely . Nobody can ever donate enough , that's impossible with all the needs in the world but sometimes going to a store and buying an extra milk and some baby food , and cereal or what not and drop it on a doorstep and knock on the door and leave . These folks here are poor and humbling . They would give their last extra shirt to someone in need . That is the heart of a lot of poverty people. They don't know what its like to have anything extra so if they have something extra they will give it to their neighbors. If you are good at making quilts and all that stuff , make something and send it to a church to give to people . these are some suggestions darling . Thank you again for this thread friend ..... Sincerely RNguy
RNguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RNguy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #25
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNguy View Post
Gaea thank you so much for well wishes and genuine concern . You are a class act friend . I was thinking a lot about what you posted regarding donations to red cross verses churches . Red cross is a good place for donating blood for the packed red cells and fresh fffp and platelets ( please do not donate if you are a chronic anemic or have low bp or the jov or titis ) no they screen all that stuff . Seriously if people could do that there that's great. However , like yourself I am a fan of donating clothes , glasses , watches , foods etc to churches . I used to donate to united way from my paycheck until that org embezzlement scandal and I no longer do that . It's humbling to live in the region I do because until katrina , our area was the largest poverty stricken and now we are 2nd in the states but we are the first still to be the most illiterate sadly . There are documentarys out there about appalachian life in the ky, wv , southern Ohio region that will bring some tears in your eyes for sure . People don't realize the severity of life here until they see documentarys. There is an old famous saying here , that was shown in the movie coal minors daughter that goes " around here you have 3 choices for work .. coal mine , sell moonshine , or move on down the line ". Sadly kids drop out of school in the 8th , 9th grade to work in farms and various under table jobs to help support their families . That still occurs here . There really are mountain people here who stay in the mountains and live there secluded from the towns and those poor kids don't even know what a school is . There are needy in your area surely . Nobody can ever donate enough , that's impossible with all the needs in the world but sometimes going to a store and buying an extra milk and some baby food , and cereal or what not and drop it on a doorstep and knock on the door and leave . These folks here are poor and humbling . They would give their last extra shirt to someone in need . That is the heart of a lot of poverty people. They don't know what its like to have anything extra so if they have something extra they will give it to their neighbors. If you are good at making quilts and all that stuff , make something and send it to a church to give to people . these are some suggestions darling . Thank you again for this thread friend ..... Sincerely RNguy
I have extra quilts...extra blankets and stuff because i love to be warm, willing to send...I am not great at making quilts however i can and have.

this entire post breaks my heart and yet brings some realization to the situations here in the states. I don't have much however will send what i can...can you find out a place in your area that is accepting donations where people can send stuff?

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #26
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WomenMoveMe View Post
Western Kentucky checking in. It was somewhat brutal there for a bit. Prison was on lockdown. However, all is well, and while we had some very violent weather, no tornadoes.
glad to hear all is well where you are ..My aunties are well in Louisville.

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #27
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He preferredably :)
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Thanked 2,267 Times in 510 Posts
RNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaea View Post
I have extra quilts...extra blankets and stuff because i love to be warm, willing to send...I am not great at making quilts however i can and have.

this entire post breaks my heart and yet brings some realization to the situations here in the states. I don't have much however will send what i can...can you find out a place in your area that is accepting donations where people can send stuff?
how about this idea : you did your part bc you started this thread and bc you did that people have stopped and thought or said a little somethin somethin to whatever belief power they have .... Thank you , you did great ..... I've packed up a ton of stuff and going to the store in a short bit ...... Really , what I've packed will be from you and I so thank you , you've done great !!! Deal ???
RNguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RNguy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #28
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNguy View Post
how about this idea : you did your part bc you started this thread and bc you did that people have stopped and thought or said a little somethin somethin to whatever belief power they have .... Thank you , you did great ..... I've packed up a ton of stuff and going to the store in a short bit ...... Really , what I've packed will be from you and I so thank you , you've done great !!! Deal ???
you are SWEET one....thank you however i will still do what i can cause people need people to make it in these ever tough times, you just made my heart swell with so much good stuff. <3 makes the world a better place.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #29
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

and don't forget the animals that are in shelters and rescue missions. I was about to contact feed stores directly to make donations of feed and hay. The humane society probably needs help to.