OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Thanked 1,378 Times in 461 Posts
OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default What you may not know about Chick-fil-A

I was sent this story about anti-gay stance of Chick-fil-A. I was surprised, but I guess I should have known, since they are closed on Sundays.
So, I thought I would pass it on here. I will not support this establishment. Kinda reminds me of the boycott of orange juice and Anita Bryant. The difference for me is she, Anita Bryant, was just a spokesperson, this is a corporate view.

Link to Chick-fli-A

Jo
OS Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:10 PM   #2
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Thanked 10,217 Times in 2,504 Posts
durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation

I didnt know about this until Oiler41 told me about it this past summer. I hardly ever went to Chick-fil-a before I was told about this. but i dont go at all since I heard about it.

well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
durrrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to durrrrrrrr For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #3
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I knew they were ultra religious. Just one more reason not to go there. UGH.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:35 PM   #4
SmoothButch

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
X
Relationship Status:
Happily enjoying my life

Thanked 1,297 Times in 400 Posts
SmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I've known about this for awhile now. Ever since I found out several months ago I stopped patronizing their business 100%.

I'll take my gay money elsewhere when I want fast food.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:40 PM   #5
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

I have never heard of this business until today. I don't think they have any out here on the West Coast.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 02:54 PM   #6
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

NOooooooo... don't take away my chicken minis or my waffle fries!

I saw that people have been posting about this on facebook for awhile now. I kinda figured with them being closed on Sundays that their views were pretty conservative/religious anyway... so their anti gay stance doesn't shock me at all.

I know a few people that have worked for Chick fil A here locally for 10+ years now. They've always said it's been the best fast food company to work for. Then again, they aren't gay....
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 03:21 PM   #7
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
I have never heard of this business until today. I don't think they have any out here on the West Coast.
I'm in Southern California and they have them all over here. They just built a new one smack dab in the middle of Lakewood. We haven't patronized the stores since we found out about the views of the owner and the places to which he gives his monetary support. His choice to do as he pleases, our choice to take our gay dollars elsewhere.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 03:37 PM   #8
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Thanked 1,378 Times in 461 Posts
OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

This company is opening new places here in Northern Virginia and in Maryland. A friend of mine posted on her wall. I shared it on my wall. I knew they were closed on Sundays and since I remember back in the day when blue laws in Virginia existed, I didn't really pay attention to it. Needless to say, I am paying attention now and will spend my dollars elsewhere.
OS Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #9
lyric

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
quiet and content

lyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputation

Well, that sucks. And I never did think that chicken patties and pickles went together very well.
lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lyric For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #10
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,002 Times in 286 Posts
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

I very seldom eat in a fast food places , but my son does . I need to let him know since he was raised by two mothers . Thanks for posting this info .
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Vlasta For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #11
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

Thanked 10,606 Times in 1,477 Posts
Dude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST Reputation

A gay man I met in Texas was hired there.
They told him after working 3 hours that
he was bad for buisness and his kind was not a good fit.

This man had a decade of waiter experience.
He was very hurt by them and desperately needed a job.
They are fucked up and wrong.
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:56 PM   #12
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

I have known this about Chick-fil-A for a long time. I have never been to one because I don't eat fast food, but my cousin take her kids there to eat all the time and I have tried to talk to her about it. I think she is uncomfortable because she supports gay rights, but still likes Chick-fil-A for her picky kids. :/
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 07:33 PM   #13
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I never heard of the joint till last week when some dude got pissed cause the Chick was stealing his shirts....

I found out we have one here by the University.

I had to read a little more here to figure out why they would be closed on Sunday 's cause they don't like the gays... ahhh I quickly found out "it's a Religious" thing.

Personally I think more businesses should be closed on Sunday. We really do need a day of "rest".... (I don't need a day of praying)

Well they are getting the free publicity out of all the chatter every where you turn...

I guess we can't get everyone to like us because of our color, our looks, our sexual preferences and so on....

People will chose to go or not go!
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #14
BBinNYC

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Fine with he or she. Just don't call me late for dinner.
Relationship Status:
married to the best femme in the world

Tournaments Won: 2

BBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST Reputation

I know that you can find fault with many different companies. Some treat women badly or have horrible working conditions, etc.

But I really think Chick-fil-A is in a different category. The profits from the business get funneled directly to far Right Wing organizations that are actively working to stop the advancement of LGBT rights. It's almost like the business exists so it can make money for this purpose.

Why contribute to your own oppression by eating there?
Old 12-02-2011, 07:39 PM   #15
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBinNYC View Post
I know that you can find fault with many different companies. Some treat women badly or have horrible working conditions, etc.

But I really think Chick-fil-A is in a different category. The profits from the business get funneled directly to far Right Wing organizations that are actively working to stop the advancement of LGBT rights. It's almost like the business exists so it can make money for this purpose.

Why contribute to your own oppression by eating there?

See now that is some powerful news!!! Now it's totally different..

Good info BB
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #16
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

Retouching on what BB has already said here. It is shocking to see the amount this company has actually contributed towards anti gay movements. Numbers don't lie and while I can't locate 2010's stats here is 2009. I can't stand the place even before this came out but this has me sickened. 2 million dollars is more than just a random amount given to any cause. If you read the article it is even more disturbing to see their choices of right wing groups they fund

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1069429.html
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 08:54 PM   #17
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS Butch View Post
I was sent this story about anti-gay stance of Chick-fil-A. I was surprised, but I guess I should have known, since they are closed on Sundays.
So, I thought I would pass it on here. I will not support this establishment. Kinda reminds me of the boycott of orange juice and Anita Bryant. The difference for me is she, Anita Bryant, was just a spokesperson, this is a corporate view.

Link to Chick-fli-A

Jo
Yes, I knew about this...and damn do I miss those chicken sandwiches....

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 10:21 PM   #18
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I must say, that I applied at Chik-Fil-A and was actually giving an interview. I decided not to persue the position because it was part time and I was looking for a full time job. I love the fact that they are closed on Sundays, and allow all of their employees a day to be with their family. I would rather go to Chik-Fil-A and pick up lunch, than McDonalds. I worked for a McDonalds while in college, and the place was very dirty and would promote a man over a woman, whether they were gay or straight and would not pay more than what minimum wage was. To this day, McDonalds is the same way and here is an article to prove my point: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lif...-1225710430656.

Everyone has their own opinion and I am voicing mine. I love to shop at Target and I also love the chicken sandwiches from Chik-Fil-A. I am also, a very proud lesbian and I have learned when to choose to fight and when to walk away with my mouth shut. I worked for Godiva back in 2008 and I had to call the ACLU on my old boss. To me, it was my boss who had the issue with me being gay, not the company.

Zimmeh
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 10:47 PM   #19
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

Chik-N-Shit-A... oh yeah, those guys

Uh uh....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #20
BBinNYC

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Fine with he or she. Just don't call me late for dinner.
Relationship Status:
married to the best femme in the world

Tournaments Won: 2

BBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmeh View Post
I must say, that I applied at Chik-Fil-A and was actually giving an interview. I decided not to persue the position because it was part time and I was looking for a full time job. I love the fact that they are closed on Sundays, and allow all of their employees a day to be with their family. I would rather go to Chik-Fil-A and pick up lunch, than McDonalds. I worked for a McDonalds while in college, and the place was very dirty and would promote a man over a woman, whether they were gay or straight and would not pay more than what minimum wage was. To this day, McDonalds is the same way and here is an article to prove my point: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lif...-1225710430656.

Everyone has their own opinion and I am voicing mine. I love to shop at Target and I also love the chicken sandwiches from Chik-Fil-A. I am also, a very proud lesbian and I have learned when to choose to fight and when to walk away with my mouth shut. I worked for Godiva back in 2008 and I had to call the ACLU on my old boss. To me, it was my boss who had the issue with me being gay, not the company.

Zimmeh
There is a difference between being a shitty employer (too many are) and using a high percentage of the profits from your growing business to fund extremist organizations that exist to block the rights of other people. Hard to feel good about patronizing this business when they've got your rights in their crosshairs. You might as well donate directly to Focus on the Family and eliminate the chik in the middle.