starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

OutQ on SirusXM was talking about the Kiss in and Chick-Fil-A, so I called, and got on the radio. I talked about the community service and KFC ideas and stuff and they were *not* very receptive... lol. I think they even cut me off. As is! :-(

Soldiering on....

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #142
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,321 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Jane Lynch Says ‘Fuck Chick-Fil-A'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...r=Gay%20Voices
Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #143
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
I think we should go have sex in front of every one of their businesses. Dirty kinky scary sex. Let's show up in drag. Let's show up naked. Let's show up mad as hell. Let's practice martial arts moves. Let's sing and dance and be our most outrageous selves. And look them in the eye and let them know that nothing they can ever do will make us change or go away.

Ok call me a stick in the mud..... but i would subject myself or my partner 4 a demostration, for a public display like that. What would it prove?? Is that what we all want them 2 think?? That we are all about sex !?

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #144
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
I think we should go have sex in front of every one of their businesses. Dirty kinky scary sex. Let's show up in drag. Let's show up naked. Let's show up mad as hell. Let's practice martial arts moves. Let's sing and dance and be our most outrageous selves. And look them in the eye and let them know that nothing they can ever do will make us change or go away.

Ok call me a stick in the mud..... but i would not subject myself or my partner 4 a demostration, for a public display like that. What would it prove?? Is that what we all want them 2 think?? That we are all about sex !?

The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #145
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:
Caught An Angel and she doesn't lie!

Thanked 1,861 Times in 614 Posts
DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post

Ok call me a stick in the mud..... but i would not subject myself or my partner 4 a demostration, for a public display like that. What would it prove?? Is that what we all want them 2 think?? That we are all about sex !?

Seriously! Right....they might just stop and stare way too much and then film cause they would enjoy it and learn something too...gross. Not on my watch. Gross. Not gonna see me or my girl doin the hippiddy dippitty...
DMW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMW For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2012, 11:32 PM   #146
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMW View Post
Seriously! Right....they might just stop and stare way too much and then film cause they would enjoy it and learn something too...gross. Not on my watch. Gross. Not gonna see me or my girl doin the hippiddy dippitty...
Haha ..
hipptiy what??? ... lol

Old 08-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #147
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Now this kiss in front of Chick-fil-a I think is cool.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #148
dreadgeek
Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Cinnamon spiced, caramel colored, power-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to a wonderful horse girl

Thanked 6,848 Times in 1,493 Posts
dreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post

Ok call me a stick in the mud..... but i would subject myself or my partner 4 a demostration, for a public display like that. What would it prove?? Is that what we all want them 2 think?? That we are all about sex !?
I had a very similar thought when I first heard about the kiss-in. One of my axioms for activism is that if possible, never hand the other side the weapon they'll bludgeon you with. It might be a genuinely better world if we *weren't* up against an opposition that was so hung up about sex but since we *are* up against one, we should take that into account when determining what tactics we plan on using. Since we *know* that not just the 'loyal opposition' but many ignorant but otherwise neutral people say things like "what two people do in bed is no concern of mine" what we probably shouldn't do is hand them more ammunition by having a kiss-in which can then be filmed and used in a video against us.

Since we are, rightly in my opinion, claiming the moral mantle of the civil rights movement and since we like to wrap ourselves up in the noble words of Martin Luther King, Jr., we should take lessons from them. One of the most powerful images from that era is a picture of a march where there are a number of marchers carrying a sign that simply reads, "I AM a Man". Simple. Dignified. What could the other side say about it? "No, negro, you aren't a man?" Certainly that was what the segregationists thought but saying that in front of Walter Cronkite, God and Everybody would only make them look worse than they already did. One of the brilliant tactics that my parent's generation adopted was to *not* hand the other side the rhetorical weapon with which to be beaten up with. The counter sit-in protestors didn't have kiss ins, they went to Woolworth's, they sat with dignity and let themselves be dragged away from the counter when their only offense was wanting a sandwich and a Coke which they were willing to pay for if they could get service.

I understand that this statement isn't going to be popular because it appears to concede to much to the other side but I don't think that it does concede that much. I'm not even going so far as to suggest we shouldn't be as queer-as-we-wanna-be as a matter of going about our daily lives. I am saying that since we *know* the other side wants to paint us as sex obsessed and out of control, what we shouldn't do is hand them the opportunity to say "see! Look what the queer people did, they came into the lobby of this company that *clearly* doesn't want their business and started making out in the lobby!" We would do much better boycotting Chik-fil-a than trying to go for shock value which the kiss-in is designed to do; frighten the horses and shock the mundanes.

Cheers
Aj

"People on the side of The People always ended up disappointed, in any case. They found that The People tended not to be grateful or appreciative or forward-thinking or obedient. The People tended to be small-minded and conservative and not very clever and were even distrustful of cleverness. And so, the children of the revolution were faced with the age-old problem: it wasn’t that you had the wrong kind of government, which was obvious, but that you had the wrong kind of people. As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn’t measure up." (Terry Pratchett)
dreadgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dreadgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #149
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

We buy from shops and products who support our rights, we do not buy from or support those who don't. Money sends a better message, no matter how one feels about marriage rights.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #150
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation
Default Change of <3

Chick-Fil-A vows to stop donating to groups that oppose gay marriage including Focus on the Family and National Organization for Marriage. They said of their employees, "Discrimination will not be tolerated."

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...,4334485.story
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #151
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

That whole apology thing...wrong!

http://www.advocate.com/business/201...equality-group
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post: