Old 12-09-2010, 10:54 PM   #61
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,768 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I've done some thinking on this matter since I last posted and I think a soul mate is someone that just 'gets' me, be it friend or lover or little old man waiting for the bus on the corner.

I still feel the term holds a certain amount of weight but the weight doesn't have to be in the form of a shackle, I've learned. Organic gets me. My flaws are still there, but through his eyes, they are minimized and his through mine (except the damn snoring...because it's my ears that tell me about that not so little flaw).

But the weight and responsibility can be equally shared and, thus, becomes not a burden but something that builds strength.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2010, 01:29 AM   #62
Puplove

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,216 Times in 705 Posts
Puplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I've done some thinking on this matter since I last posted and I think a soul mate is someone that just 'gets' me, be it friend or lover or little old man waiting for the bus on the corner.

I still feel the term holds a certain amount of weight but the weight doesn't have to be in the form of a shackle, I've learned. Organic gets me. My flaws are still there, but through his eyes, they are minimized and his through mine (except the damn snoring...because it's my ears that tell me about that not so little flaw).

But the weight and responsibility can be equally shared and, thus, becomes not a burden but something that builds strength.
Yeah! What you said.

"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "...Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
Puplove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Puplove For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2010, 06:16 AM   #63
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,957 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

maybe I am a stick in the mud but I don't believe that my soul need or has a mate. My soul is my higher self, it's mine and not to be shared.

I do believe that many people use the term soulmate when actually it's a lustmate they are wooing over.

I also believe in lifemates, fuckmates, housemates, friendmates or whatever but soulmate?, not so much.

How will you know you have been with your *soulmate* until the end?
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #64
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,245 Times in 1,415 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I want someone who compliments my life and makes me want to grow and better myself. I don't believe in the One, the SoulMate, because it is too tempting to pass up perfectly good people because they don't fit some fairy tale picture of what that soulmate should look like. I don't believe in "love happily ever after", because life and love takes work. I also don't believe in meeting the "other half" that completes me. I complete myself. I don't want "half a person", I want a fully complete person with or without me.

Someone else mentioned that now that we live longer, there are different partners for each period of our lives. "Till death do us part" might work when we only lived until 40, but we're living a lot longer than that now. Who can say that the person we flipped for at 20 would stir us up at 50? Maybe rarely, but not much.

I think there are many possible partners we could be compatible with, and so it pays to be even more dilligent about "screening" who we go with.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #65
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

i literally dont believe, but i dare to be proved wrong ha
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sam For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2011, 07:58 PM   #66
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,736 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation

No, I have not, but I have had some delicious fun looking for them, a bit like wine tasting night at Whole Foods. I can admit to favoring a smooth, fragrant Spanish Tempranillo.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:07 PM   #67
Nightshade

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:

Nightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST Reputation

I don't believe in a soul. But I get the spirit (<-- see what I did there?) of the question.

I don't believe there is one person who is our perfect partner. I do believe there are people who see us for who we truly are and not who they want us to be, or even who WE want them to see. I believe there are people who are wonderful fits for our personalities, our lifestyles, our strengths and weaknesses. There are partners in crime and zigs to our zags.

I've met several of these folks who fit me well, and for one reason or another (choices, life experiences, issues, scars and whatnot) we've parted ways.

I hope someday to find someone with their eyes wide open who likes what they see and can stay for the duration.
Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nightshade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #68
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,768 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

He gave me the last frownie after a really shitty day.

I think I found mine.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2011, 09:06 PM   #69
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,957 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

I guess I won't know until the end of the journey.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:14 PM   #70
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Not to my knowledge.....wouldn't that be terrible if I have and didn't know it?

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2011, 11:50 PM   #71
lionpaw

How Do You Identify?:
very married lesbian couple-there are two of us that use this site

Thanked 1,579 Times in 517 Posts
lionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputation

I found mine....The strange part about it was I knew it the moment it happened....It was so different from my previous past relationships....
lionpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:32 AM   #72
FemmeMagnet

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
single

FemmeMagnet is on a distinguished road

I have yet to find my soul mate, but i have yet to find my lost remote either, But in time i just might...behind the sofa maybe?
Old 01-30-2011, 01:16 AM   #73
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

The first time my darlin' kissed me was the best kiss I had in my life till then, but still it got better. The first time we made love, it was the best ever till then, but still it got better. Our life together was easy. We would watch Oprah and hear how hard you had to work to make a relationship work and we would look at each other and say - "What is she talking about? Do you feel like our relationship is hard work?" We had problems and changes, for sure. (He transitioned ftm, and I can't think of a bigger change than that, LOL - except for adopting four kids, which we also did), but events always brought us closer rather than further apart. That was our committment to each other at our wedding - to grow closer together throughout our lives. We only got to have twenty-five years together before his death, so I can't swear that we would have stayed together, but I BELIEVE we would have.

Was he my soulmate? I don't know. But he was definetly the RIGHT person for me.

If he was my soulmate, I hope there is another out there finding his/her way to me. If not then I hope there is another RIGHT person, and that we find each other soon before I am too old to recognise it when it happens!

Smooches ,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post: