Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 06-03-2015, 12:04 AM   #4301
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,119 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Chain View Post
I know exactly what you mean I`m afraid, I had shoulder length hair but after having chemo its just starting to grow back, maybe 2"s long now. And I have to say I hate it !
You're allowed to hate it! Fortunately, it will grow. I'll cross my fingers and hope it grows fast for you!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2015, 12:09 AM   #4302
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Chain View Post
I love clothes with a 40`s feel too, pencil skirts and kitten heels.
Me too! I love the 40s hairstyles too, although I'm glad I don't have to do one every day. I did victory rolls and a 1940s outfit (including pencil skirt) for Hallowe'en last year.

- Prince
Old 06-03-2015, 12:12 AM   #4303
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherbutch View Post
I hear 50 is the new 40... that puts me right around 45... cool.. I like it.
I like it too - I'll sign up for that philosophy!

- Prince
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2015, 05:28 AM   #4304
Daisy Chain

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Hy calls me Hys Kitten

Thanked 1,810 Times in 448 Posts
Daisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
You're allowed to hate it! Fortunately, it will grow. I'll cross my fingers and hope it grows fast for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Me too! I love the 40s hairstyles too, although I'm glad I don't have to do one every day. I did victory rolls and a 1940s outfit (including pencil skirt) for Hallowe'en last year.
I bet you looked fantastic !! Such a stylish era....though as ya say, hardwork !

On the plus side my hair is coming back much thicker and better condition, gotta look on the bright side !

DC
Daisy Chain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daisy Chain For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2015, 09:46 AM   #4305
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

HoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST Reputation

Daisy,

I don't think you have to worry about your age in regard to clothes. I bet that what feels good to you and looks good in the mirror, looks good period. Really I'm just seconding the 'buy what feels fabulous' theory. I'm so glad your hair is growing back thicker and healthier. And that you got through the chemo!

I'm going through a similar time. I had open heart surgery in September and now have a big old scar where I used to let a bit of cleavage show time to time ;-). It's been driving me crazy and sometimes I feel ridiculous because I survived scary, painful surgery that fixed a defect I would have died without getting fixed and I'm worried about a scar! I feel a little better because I went to a play party last weekend and when I wear a corset the cleavage is big enough that the scar is NOT the first thing you see ;-)

However, I agree that part of getting back to normal is wearing clothes I feel good in. So in addition to getting exercise and sleep, I'm going to prioritize buying a bunch of tops that don't show the scar. AND a couple of sexy items worn in certain company which scream "Damn the damn scar - full forge ahead!"
HoldMeSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to HoldMeSteady For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2015, 12:32 PM   #4306
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMeSteady View Post
. . . when I wear a corset the cleavage is big enough that the scar is NOT the first thing you see ;-)
I'm all in favor of corsets

- Prince
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2015, 01:44 PM   #4307
Daisy Chain

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Hy calls me Hys Kitten

Daisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Daisy,

I don't think you have to worry about your age in regard to clothes. I bet that what feels good to you and looks good in the mirror, looks good period. Really I'm just seconding the 'buy what feels fabulous' theory. I'm so glad your hair is growing back thicker and healthier. And that you got through the chemo!

I'm going through a similar time. I had open heart surgery in September and now have a big old scar where I used to let a bit of cleavage show time to time ;-). It's been driving me crazy and sometimes I feel ridiculous because I survived scary, painful surgery that fixed a defect I would have died without getting fixed and I'm worried about a scar! I feel a little better because I went to a play party last weekend and when I wear a corset the cleavage is big enough that the scar is NOT the first thing you see ;-)

However, I agree that part of getting back to normal is wearing clothes I feel good in. So in addition to getting exercise and sleep, I'm going to prioritize buying a bunch of tops that don't show the scar. AND a couple of sexy items worn in certain company which scream "Damn the damn scar - full forge ahead!"
Thank you for sharing.

I`m glad to hear you are healing,

I`m beginning to think part of the healing process is finding new `smaller` stuff to sweat other then the life and death stuff. Its hard to explain unless you`ve fought that kind of fight eh ? You have to get to know and love the new you.

Enjoy the days we are blessed to have is what I remind myself of....though I also allow myself the right to grieve my `before` life once in a while.

Stay strong and beautiful

DC
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Daisy Chain For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2015, 02:40 PM   #4308
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Daisy Chain & HoldMeSteady:
Thankful you both ARE still here.
Anyone worth their salt will not even see your battle scars...but the beautiful souls you are inside. That is my own humble opine!
Continue to light the world with your beautiful beings...you both have so much to enjoy and share......grab life....I love both your positive attitudes and forthrightness! Gentle hugs....clay
Old 06-05-2015, 06:57 PM   #4309
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Daisy,

As someone with a bevy of scars, in varying sizes and noticeability....it's only a story. How dramatic or romantic or silly or scary you make the story is up to you. It can be a conversation starter or you can use it to keep people away.

I don't know you very well, but I'm glad you made it through and are doing much better! Enjoy yourself!

Besides, you never know if a scar will develop sensitivity over time that can be fun or even useful at one of those play parties.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2015, 09:56 PM   #4310
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

HoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks to Daisy Chain, GeorgiaMa'am, and Clay for the sweet support. It's so nice to read! Gemme, you are so right. I will try not to make my story one that keeps people away.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HoldMeSteady For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2015, 02:40 PM   #4311
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

hey ya gang .. its been a while….
i think its al face books fault

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 03:07 PM   #4312
Daisy Chain

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Hy calls me Hys Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post
hey ya gang .. its been a while….
i think its al face books fault
That sounds like you`ve been unfaithful to us !!

Daisy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daisy Chain For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2015, 03:48 PM   #4313
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

Welcome to all the folks who have aged gracefully!

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2015, 10:51 AM   #4314
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

I don't know about gracefully. I'm not dead.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HoldMeSteady For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2015, 01:59 PM   #4315
Daisy Chain

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Hy calls me Hys Kitten

Quote:
I don't know about gracefully. I'm not dead.
Ha Ha I`m hanging in there too honey ! Though its very quite around here.

Daisy
Old 07-23-2015, 08:37 AM   #4316
DELSDAUGHTER

How Do You Identify?:
femme , with occasional tomboy tendencies
Relationship Status:
single,just me and the pup...

DELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST Reputation
Default i'm baaaaaack

Hey everyone ...long time no see
DELSDAUGHTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:04 AM   #4317
Virago

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,128 Times in 306 Posts
Virago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST Reputation

Since the name of this group is 40's, 50's and over, I thought I should try to jump in now. 2 years 3 months before I'm an 'over'. I've actually started to celebrate that in my mind about 2 years ago!!

Now, if my back and knees would celebrate with my mind it would be perfect! lol
Virago is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Virago For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2015, 09:27 AM   #4318
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Daisy,

I had a triple bypass in 2007...the scar is so faded now that unless I see it in a picture or it itches, i never notice it. But, until it faded, it was the first thing people saw when they looked at me.

If the site has healed, they have great body make-up that covers scars for times you don't want to be stared at.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2015, 04:20 PM   #4319
Daisy Chain

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Hy calls me Hys Kitten

I`m giving this thread a little bump...

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.......

I`m ending my Saturday with and

Daisy
The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy Chain For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2015, 07:34 PM   #4320
FieryRedhead

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single, for now.

FieryRedhead Has the BEST ReputationFieryRedhead Has the BEST ReputationFieryRedhead Has the BEST ReputationFieryRedhead Has the BEST ReputationFieryRedhead Has the BEST ReputationFieryRedhead Has the BEST ReputationFieryRedhead Has the BEST ReputationFieryRedhead Has the BEST ReputationFieryRedhead Has the BEST ReputationFieryRedhead Has the BEST ReputationFieryRedhead Has the BEST Reputation
Default It feels good to be "new" at something again!

Hi everyone,

New here to BFP and enjoying meeting and reading. I don't know many people where I live being new to the area so I am hoping to find like minded women here. This looks like a great place to do that!

Tags
age, good news for once, mature