Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 03-22-2010, 08:49 AM   #201
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

"Everything's so simple, and we make everything so complicated. That's why we're confused."
--Vickie Downey, TEWA/Tesuque Pueblo
The Creator designed a very simple set of Laws for us to follow. If we follow these simple things, we'll be happy. If we don't follow these simple things, our lives become complicated. For example:
•Respect Mother Earth
•Love one another
•Be truthful
•Give to your brother and sisters
•Be gentle with each other
•Be happy
Following these simple Laws will have great rewards.

Great Spirit, let me lead a simple life.
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2010, 08:57 AM   #202
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
I love all living earthly /earthy things (without a beating heart), even weeds. (Exception. Crabgrass creeping under the fence into my manicured Marathon III. There goes the neighborhood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
Last week J and I were walking on an old farm road on the land here at the farm. From the creek flooding and all the storms we had so many trees fallen, broken, tossed around. at first I was sad about it, its such a mess and then I thought about how many animals had shelter from this awful winter. The Goddess/Mother Earth works in mysterious ways and sometimes we forget that,
Quote:
Originally Posted by friskyfemme View Post
Ok then. I am growing several people's wildfowers. Please feel free to harvest them. LOL. I live in a desert that is full of plants that will live no matter what. In the heat of summer they do not die that hybernate. The plants that don't do well here are the ones that someone has forced to be here. Mother Earth and Great Spirit have distributed the proper things to the each area of earth. I have a theory that the most discussing or annoying things (bugs and weeds) have been strategic placed here for healing reasons not yet realized. So if we are tolerant, we will be rewarded.
My grandparents wanted to ultilize everything Mother Earth had to offer so they did indeed use the weeds for their medicinal purposes. All have properties even if it's just used in the medicine pouch. Funny thing when it came to her rose bushes
her land was pulled cleard and ground covered layed so the weeds didn't invade those blooms
So we are truly rewarded by all the gifts Mother Nature provides everyday.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #203
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

It’s simple things, like a glowing sunset, the sound of a running stream
or the fresh smell in a meadow that cause us to pause and marvel
at the wonder of life, to contemplate its meaning and significance.
Who can hold an autumn leaf in their hand, or sift the warm white sand
on the beach, and not wonder at the Creator of it all?

Wendy Moore
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2010, 10:32 AM   #204
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Default Today and Always

Trying not to allow my faith to be taken or forsaken, remembering these words as I dig deep within.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2010, 06:19 AM   #205
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

"We must relearn how to cry. A strong man cries; it is the weak man who holds back his tears."
--Archie Fire Lame Deer, LAKOTA
Indian men and other men should really meditate on this Elder's saying. So many men have been taught it is unmanly to cry, to show emotions or to feel. When people cry, the Elders say there are two types of tears � one type will taste salty; the other type will taste sweet. One is caused by pain, and the other is caused by the release from the pain, or joy tears. A strong man knows himself and knows his relationship with the Great Spirit. The release of tears is a spiritual act. Our bodies are designed to cry. We should honor our bodies and use them as the Creator intended.

Great Spirit, Grandfather, today, teach me to cry.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:24 AM   #206
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Today I cry freely as our family gathers to say our last
good byes to our father. Today I remembered the good not the bad times,
and know that Great Spirit has shown me how to cry once again.
I find my solace here being able to write, an escape where no one but me can see my tears.
Knowing I must remain strong for them while inside I cry.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:25 AM   #207
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation

" ... There is no death, only a change of worlds... "

http://www.halcyon.com/arborhts/chiefsea.html
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 10:36 AM   #208
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Our religion is the traditions of our ancestors; the dreams of our old men, given them in the solemn hours of night by the Great Spirit; and the visions of our sachems, and is written in the hearts of our people.
--Chief Seattle, SUQUAMISH
Our Spiritual ways have carefully been given to chosen people. Slowly, through our past generations, through past conflicts, our Elders prayed for guidance, which the Creator provided. Then it was passed down to the next generation through culture, ceremony and oral traditions. Our Indian religion has been tested and is about how we should behave and treat other people, animals and the earth. This knowledge is written in the heart of every person. We can find this knowledge by looking inside ourselves.

My Creator, today, when conflict occurs, I will look inside myself for the answers.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:05 PM   #209
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I find such joy and comfort in this thread. Thank you for this thread, Spirit Dancer.

Love,
Andrew

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 01:20 PM   #210
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation

violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2010, 02:22 PM   #211
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

"Come forward and join hands with us in this great work for the Creator."
--Traditional Circle of Elders, NORTHERN CHEYENNE
The Elders have spent years learning to pray and communicate with the Great Spirit. Their job is to pass this knowledge to the younger people. The Elders have told us we are now in a great time of Healing. The Creator is guiding the younger people to help them figure this out. We must get involved and participate. We should pray and see what it is the Great Spirit wants us to do. We need to sacrifice our time and do what is our mission � to help the people and be of maximum use to the Creator. Every person is needed to accomplish this great Healing.

Creator, whisper what you want me to do
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2010, 04:24 PM   #212
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

"In our modern world today, we may seem like drowning men because of the loss of much of our spiritual tradition."

--Thomas Yellowtail, CROW

Our spiritual tradition shows us the way to live in harmony, balance and respect. The tradition taught us how to behave and how to conduct ourselves. The spiritual way taught us to pray and to purify ourselves. Handed down from generation to generation were the teachings about a way of life. Our relationship to Mother Earth and to each other was very clear. The Modern World does not relate to spirituality but to materialism. If we do not allow spirituality to guide our lives, we will be lost, unhappy and without direction. We are spiritual beings trying to be human, not human beings trying to be spiritual. It is said, Know thyself.

Grandfather, lead me to spirituality.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2010, 10:06 AM   #213
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

"...you have to believe it first. Not wait until you see it first, then touch it, then believe it...You have to say it from the heart."
--Wallace Black Elk, LAKOTA
We are designed to function from faith. First we pray. Then we use our imagination to create a vision or picture in our mind. We surround this mental picture with our emotions or feelings. These feelings are available when we ask or say it from the heart. The combination of the mental picture and asking from the heart to create the emotions will cause us to believe it. Then we just need to wait. We need to believe as though it is already done.

Great Spirit, remove from me any doubt that comes up today
Old 03-28-2010, 06:23 AM   #214
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

"Sacred sites and areas are protection for all people � the four colors for man � and these sites are in all areas of the earth in the four directions."
--Traditional Circle of Elders, NORTHERN CHEYENNE
The Elders say that values come from the Mother Earth. Different places and areas around the Earth have different values. The Water people live in harmony and know the values that correspond to that particular part of the Earth. The Desert people know the values of the desert and respect and live in harmony with that part of the Earth. The Woodland people know the values of their part of the Earth and live in harmony. If you live in harmony with the Earth, you will live a life that is full of values. We should have great respect for the Mother Earth.

Grandfather, today, let me learn values from Mother Earth.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:27 AM   #215
wolfwalker

How Do You Identify?:
human

wolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer View Post
"We must relearn how to cry. A strong man cries; it is the weak man who holds back his tears."
--Archie Fire Lame Deer, LAKOTA
Indian men and other men should really meditate on this Elder's saying. So many men have been taught it is unmanly to cry, to show emotions or to feel. When people cry, the Elders say there are two types of tears � one type will taste salty; the other type will taste sweet. One is caused by pain, and the other is caused by the release from the pain, or joy tears. A strong man knows himself and knows his relationship with the Great Spirit. The release of tears is a spiritual act. Our bodies are designed to cry. We should honor our bodies and use them as the Creator intended.

Great Spirit, Grandfather, today, teach me to cry.
last week, i found the need to cry and let out the pain and confusion of the things going on in my life. it was healing and helped to give me back myself.

wolfwalker
wolfwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wolfwalker For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2010, 08:45 AM   #216
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwalker View Post
last week, i found the need to cry and let out the pain and confusion of the things going on in my life. it was healing and helped to give me back myself.

wolfwalker
good for you! Ive learned some lessons the hard way, as always. I use to be very stoic and seemed emotionless. I harbored my fears and pain and didnt let anyone close to me. Its amazing how we reach a point, find a place and just let go. Its healing, freeing and helps us grow.

brave and strong people cry and they are no afraid to expose themselves.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2010, 07:16 PM   #217
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

We cannot control the evil tongues of others; but a good life enables us to disregard them.
Cato the Elder (234 BC - 149 BC)
Old 03-29-2010, 06:07 AM   #218
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

"Tell the people not to cry. Tell them to be happy."
--John Fire Lame Deer, LAKOTA (told to his son, Archie, as he died)
Our Elders know about the two Worlds, the Physical World and the Spiritual World. Many times, before we pass to the Spirit World, our relatives, who have gone there before us, will come for us and they will help us. The Spirit World, the Elders say, is a good, happy, and harmonious place. When we die, it means we have only entered another world. We will all see one another again.

Great Spirit, allow me to understand both the Spirit World and the Physical World. Today, let me be happy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2010, 05:03 AM   #219
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

"If anyone has children, they better teach their children to follow the traditions that we're leaving behind because it is later than we think with all that's going on."
--Juanita Centeno, CHUMASH
The habits, attitudes, and beliefs that carry the human through the trials of life are developed at a very young age. If we are taught respect at a very young age, the odds are we'll be respectful throughout our whole lives. If we are taught to dance at a young age, we'll dance our whole lives. If we are taught to sing the traditional songs while we are young, we'll sing those songs throughout our whole lives. And who do we drum and sing songs to? Our children. This is how we keep it going.

Great Spirit, today, teach me to teach the children.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:27 PM   #220
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

"The old Lakota was wise. He knew that man's heart away from nature becomes hard; he knew the lack of respect for growing, living things soon led to a lack of respect for humans too. So he kept his youth close to its softening influence."
--Luther Standing Bear, OGLALA SIOUX
When we live in nature it's like constantly being in school. We are in an environment that is always teaching. We are constantly being reminded hat there are laws, Natural Laws, which are running the universe. Once we know these laws and we drift from them, we start to live our lives in a different way. Soon we become discontent, selfish, and disrespectful. Then, we get in trouble. If our lives have become this way, it can be reversed by going back to nature to be among our teachers.

Great Spirit, teach men, again, the Natural Laws.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:

Tags
american indian, native american, spirituality