Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > ART, POETRY, WRITING > Quotes, Snippets, Other Writing

Old 02-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #141
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
My Femme is not obsessed with her hair or nails or looks or lipstick.
She is a capable warm intelligent funny talented wonderful human being.
She is awesome and I am a lucky guy to be married to her.
That's awesome! I AM into my looks, clothes, make-up, hair, nails. whatever. But, I also am a warm, caring person, I am very successful in my career, I am a awesome friend, and know the people who have come and gone in my life have appreciated me and felt lucky also to be with me, and I was with them. Hair and Makeup do not dictate that. It also does not make you any less than other people.

Other people have posted funny little things in here... and I was doing the same.. and YES what I posted is important to me! Please don't take that away or make it about yourself. It is mine, and I love it.

Thank you :-)

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 05:50 PM   #142
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyes View Post
That's awesome! I AM into my looks, clothes, make-up, hair, nails. whatever. But, I also am a warm, caring person, I am very successful in my career, I am a awesome friend, and know the people who have come and gone in my life have appreciated me and felt lucky also to be with me, and I was with them. Hair and Makeup do not dictate that. It also does not make you any less than other people.

Other people have posted funny little things in here... and I was doing the same.. and YES what I posted is important to me! Please don't take that away or make it about yourself. It is mine, and I love it.

Now see this is an "I" post. Voila'.
Your welcome.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #143
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

And what a wonderful list this is! i feel it's fabulous that all of us femmes are different and unique, what a boring world we would live in if we were all the same.

You directed your list to ALL Femmes and maybe would have been better if you posted from you *me* place.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 05:55 PM   #144
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

Thanked 10,606 Times in 1,477 Posts
Dude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadyke View Post
No and by no means do I want a job like that...but I do like this thread.

I am not saying we shouldn't call out "isms" I just think another thread can be started to address that directly. We have a whole site for that. Why not use it.

All opinions are of value in my eyes. I have nothing against anyone here and I'm not here to argue. I would just like to see this area maintain it's purpose which is writing and poetry.

Cheers,

Scoobs
So you know ,I meant absolutely nothing ugly towards you.
I could have chosen friendlier words . I own that and apologize.
Things happen where they happen is what I have noticed.
Ever start a thread about one thing and it turns into twenty other
topics? I have.
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #145
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post

And what a wonderful list this is! i feel it's fabulous that all of us femmes are different and unique, what a boring world we would live in if we were all the same.

You directed your list to ALL Femmes and maybe would have been better if you posted from you *me* place.
I was following the title of the thread.... sorry for the confusion.

Starry
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #146
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 2,739 Times in 644 Posts
Tawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
So you know ,I meant absolutely nothing ugly towards you.
I could have chosen friendlier words . I own that and apologize.
Things happen where they happen is what I have noticed.
Ever start a thread about one thing and it turns into twenty other
topics? I have.

I have to think hard to think of discussion threads that DON'T take a long and winding road - usually consisting of several 90 to 180 degree turns.

It's kinda what I find cool about the internet - it's like real conversation.

If I sit down with friends - we may start talking about something serious and pressing - then someone will have an ADD moment and we'll be off in that direction - then someone else will remember something about their trip to the grocery store and you just continue like that - playing off of each other.

So - what about softball?
Tawse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tawse For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #147
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

Thanked 10,606 Times in 1,477 Posts
Dude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST Reputation
Default exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawse View Post
I was a pitcher
aint played in years
hate to run
how bout you?
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #148
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Now see this is an "I" post. Voila'.
Your welcome.
well, it was MY post... so of course there is an I.

Starry
Old 02-23-2012, 06:07 PM   #149
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Tawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I was a pitcher
aint played in years
hate to run
how bout you?
First base / outfield but have skipped a couple of seasons due to nerve issues. Apparently if you can't feel part of you hand - it effects both offense and defense lol and I can't play if I'm mediocre. Can't do it.

Soooooooooooo

before my career ended I did manage to turn an unassisted double play that was on the "bucket list" and I got to strike it off.

And I'm very happy that ESPN shows a fair amount of college ball.. and I'm VERY Happy that the big players are still valued players in the sport.

Yay for power sluggers!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Tawse For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #150
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
well, it was MY post... so of course there is an I.
Yes instead of an ALL, yey!
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
Old 02-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #151
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
First base / outfield but have skipped a couple of seasons due to nerve issues. Apparently if you can't feel part of you hand - it effects both offense and defense lol and I can't play if I'm mediocre. Can't do it.

Soooooooooooo

before my career ended I did manage to turn an unassisted double play that was on the "bucket list" and I got to strike it off.

And I'm very happy that ESPN shows a fair amount of college ball.. and I'm VERY Happy that the big players are still valued players in the sport.

Yay for power sluggers!!!
Squirrel, derail LOL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #152
grenade

How Do You Identify?:
Full Flavor Femme

Thanked 8,062 Times in 2,121 Posts
grenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
"just in fun" disclaimer isn't really an excuse to be purposely stereotypical. You surely know this by reading most of the posts in this thread.

People of my heritage are often stereotyped into movies and *just in fun* makes fun of us.

They think it's ok because it's "just in fun". It's not funny to us.

The fact that you capitalized the word ALL , added a *lol* then a *just in fun* sounds to me like you knew you were about to piss off a bunch of people.

Nothing on your list applies to this femme, just so you know.
Everything in her list applies to me, just so you all know. I've decided to follow suit and talk about myself and because I'm certain you all care.

Right? You know you do!
grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grenade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 06:16 PM   #153
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
This was not about you in any way shape or form. I don't even know you.

And your comment "And I am also sorry, but I am the kind of femme who would literally go insane if the most important worry in my life was the "right" hair, makeup, and nails"... where was this insinuated?

I am a Girly Femme to the T, but it is not the most important worry in my life... I guess you have some stereotypes yourself coming out. Maybe you need to look at that.

Have a nice day
I'm fully aware that it was not about me. That was the entire point of speaking from *my* space, in trying to clarify your ALL comment. That is where the perceived insinuation occurred, just as the case with the original OP. There were no stereotypes involved on my part, nor anything that I need to look at. I was communicating *my* thoughts. Not attempting to lump you or anyone else into a category. Unfortunately, I am not always the most eloquent communicator, especially when I'm trying to understand my own thought process...lol Like you said, I don't know you. It was nothing against *you* as a person. As a matter of fact, I've enjoyed reading some of your posts around the board in the past, and thought you seemed like a genuine and interesting individual. I apparently come off a lot more harsh and personal than I intend sometimes.

Quote:

Quote:

Yes! The *me*'s and *I*'s spaces, rather than the general inclusion. These are what I was trying to get at, but in such an obviously confusing and roundabout way. (Like I said, sucky at thought processes sometimes.)
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #154
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenade View Post
Everything in her list applies to me, just so you all know. I've decided to follow suit and talk about myself and because I'm certain you all care.

Right? You know you do!
i DO! i actually love the diversity and want to hear more!!

i love to weed eat the yard wearing my glittery sneakers....
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #155
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I have to think hard to think of discussion threads that DON'T take a long and winding road - usually consisting of several 90 to 180 degree turns.

It's kinda what I find cool about the internet - it's like real conversation.

If I sit down with friends - we may start talking about something serious and pressing - then someone will have an ADD moment and we'll be off in that direction - then someone else will remember something about their trip to the grocery store and you just continue like that - playing off of each other.

<---basketball team. Would have preferred softball, but attempted to follow mom's "legacy".
Old 02-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #156
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixielady View Post
<---basketball team. Would have preferred softball, but attempted to follow mom's "legacy".

uh oh... your nick is dixielady... and you like basketball..

*cringes in anticipation

Are you a Volunteer?

O.o

Signed,

Bulldawg fanatic
Old 02-23-2012, 06:26 PM   #157
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Quote:
uh oh... your nick is dixielady... and you like basketball..

*cringes in anticipation

Are you a Volunteer?

O.o

Signed,

Bulldawg fanatic
No, despite only being about a half hour away I just wasn't into the orange and white. I bleed Tarheel blue.
The Following User Says Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 06:41 PM   #158
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

I don't particularly care for long, manicured nails...but I MUST have my toenails painted and I have been known to do yard work without a top on.

I'm not big on softball talk but if someone wants to discuss periods or other bodily functions I AM SO THERE!!
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #159
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelafemme View Post
(blah blah blah)... and I have been known to do yard work without a top on. (blah blah blah blah)
I'm sorry - I missed it when you gave your address.. could you repeat it?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tawse For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #160
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Oh one more thing then I'm done. A girly girl can wear overalls, have no nails, spit and shoot. Jus sayin. My girly girl doesn't do these things but she doesn't like boxes to begin with.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post: