Old 04-26-2015, 05:59 PM   #1
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Legal name changes!

Hey, guys. So this past Monday I went to court and got my name changed.

Cool, right?

Well, now I am going through all of the places/companies/etc. I need to contact to get my name changed in their system.

It is a never ending list!

There are places you would never think of...like my civic association. Do I even know how to get a hold of them? No, I just put my $25 in an envelope they stick in my door once a year. I never looked at the address.

Should I call my local auto parts store so that when I go to use my bonus points it is under the right name?

Not that I minded my birth name much, but I know I am going to run into it over and over again in the next 10 years. Coming out is never ending, isn't it?

Monday I was excited. Now I feel swamped with all there is to do.

So, tell us your name change stories here in this thread. It can be about the excitement of the change, or the annoyances that have come along with it!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2015, 06:06 PM   #2
Hominid

How Do You Identify?:
Male with interesting historical perspective
Relationship Status:
Taking Applications

Hominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Congrats!! I don't remember how I did everything, but I spent two days labelling envelopes and stuffing them with "the letter" and copies of the name change - the only one that didn't change easily was my last College Alumni Association. That took a phone call. They didn't have as many frequent shopper cards and things then.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hominid For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2015, 06:07 PM   #3
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hominid View Post
Congrats!! I don't remember how I did everything, but I spent two days labelling envelopes and stuffing them with "the letter" and copies of the name change - the only one that didn't change easily was my last College Alumni Association. That took a phone call. They didn't have as many frequent shopper cards and things then.
Some of the places are requiring me to go in person (which I think is weird). I have the day off tomorrow (by mistake, don't ask), so that is my plan for the day.

Do you know if I can get my college degrees reprinted with the correct name?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2015, 06:18 PM   #4
Hominid

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Taking Applications

Hominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I've never actually needed my degrees - but they changed my transcripts readily. I never had to go anywhere in person -
The Following User Says Thank You to Hominid For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2015, 06:33 PM   #5
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Do you know if I can get my college degrees reprinted with the correct name?

Yes, with a fee. With transcripts they do an amendment.

Congrats and good luck tomorrow!
Old 04-26-2015, 06:40 PM   #6
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSunshine View Post

Hi, Mr. Sunshine. I actually got it done this past Monday (4/20). Thanks for the congrats!

Good to know about the degrees. In my line of work there is an expectation that the degree(s) be hanging in your office. I will add that to the list!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2015, 06:49 PM   #7
Hominid

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Taking Applications

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSunshine View Post

Neither of my transcripts (one Texas, one Massachusetts) are amended. They actually changed the name. Obviously, it's up to the institution. Also, this was 13 years ago -
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hominid For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2015, 08:07 PM   #8
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

I went around to some places to update my name, including the bank. I am looking forward to getting credit cards with my new name! I can then stop worrying about always having cash on me to pay for things.

I can't believe how long some guys wait to get their name changed. I know one guy, with some serious facial hair, who finally got around to changing his name. He's been on T for 3-4 years.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: