Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 05-04-2010, 04:18 AM   #1
ruthie14

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,243 Times in 461 Posts
ruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputation
Default For those for whom Mother's Day is not a Good Day

I have a very hard time with Mother's day. I was never able to have any children of my own and My stepchildren no longer talk to me , even though I raised them when NO one else wanted them. If it wasn't for my own mother I would just hybernate for the day. As it approaches, I get increasingly depressed and weepy.

Here's to all of us who for whatever reason, have a hard time with mother's day. This is the place to vent, gripe, cry, and to comfort.

Peace,
Ruthie
ruthie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:25 AM   #2
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

(((((ruthie14)))))

Thanks for this thread.

The only problem I have with Mother's Day is that my Mom isn't here. She died in March 2007. Because her birthday is towards the end of the month we seldom celebrated Mother's Day on the actual day. So I won't really miss celebrating with her this Sunday. Rather it will be over the next 2 Sundays.

I'll go out to the Cemetery but that's not the same and it really sucks.

I will honor my Stepmother and Shelia's mom but it's still not the same.

Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2010, 04:32 AM   #3
ruthie14

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

ruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputation

((((Miss Scarlett)))) It does suck. Noone can take the place of your Mom in your heart. Hopefully those in your life can make it a little easier for you.

Ruthie
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruthie14 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2010, 04:34 AM   #4
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,450 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

As miss Scarlett expressed, Thank you Ruthie for making this thread.
I find it a tad difficult myself to be happy on Mothers day. My Mother passed away 1998. It's harder for me because she buried in Hawaii. I cannot rely on my brothers to take flower to the cemetery for me. So in stead I have to light a candle in remembrance of her and all the laughter and joy she had invested in me. She was my best friend as an adult and the best mentor one could ask for as a child.
Sometimes I feel sad because as the years go by, it's harder for me to remember her scent, her laughter, her mischievous smile, and her loving hugs. Her memory lives on, but her memory image in my mind is fading...
To all the Mothers out there. Bless you...
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2010, 05:00 AM   #5
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Mother's Day used to be hard for me - but now, it's just any other day.
My mother died when I was young, so it's been quite a long time - I still light a candle, or acknowledge her in some way. I try not to think too much about it, because amazingly enough, it can still make me cry.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2010, 05:09 AM   #6
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Mother's Day for me is bittersweet.

I lost my Mom in 1999, just before Christmas. And, while I miss her terribly, she was very ill, and her death was a blessing for her sweet, pure spirit.

And many of You know that I lost my oldest child, Melody Claire, in 1996. She was 16. The phrase 'miss her terribly' doesn't even begin to cover it.
It is a unique kind of torture that I don't wish on any mother.

But what makes this day tolerable for me is that I have another ~ amazingly wonderful ~ daughter who will be moving to Austin next week! She will be here the day after Mother's Day, and I have to say that I believe this year's Mother's Day will be the best I have experienced in quite a long while!!!

I'm grateful and blessed to have been touched by the two who have gone on and by the one who remains.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2010, 10:21 AM   #7
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I am not sure of what I feel on Mother's Day.

I have no connection with my bio-mother. It is more of a superficial relationship than anything at all. She is just a woman with children who gave up her children a very long time ago. I have no respect for her at all because of that.

Now my Grandmother has been gone a number of years. She was my mother by all accounts and purposes. She is the one who raised me. She was the one who fought for me when everyone else failed me. I feel her loss each and every day. Not just on Mother's Day.

My sister who died, at the age of 50 from skin cancer, has 2 boys. They try to forget Mother's Day. For them it is another day of heartache, but it is getting better (thank God).

For those who have a loving, accepting, and wonderful mother, I hope you have a fabulous day!

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #8
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

It's still pretty hard to think about, especially in the month of Mothers Day and her Birthday.

R.I.P. Mom... May. 18, 1940 - Feb. 28, 2008... you are missed terribly.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #9
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

I lost my Mom on November 15, 2008.

I could have never imagined my life without her unconditional love, trust, unselfishness, support, advice and her beautiful smile that always lit up the room.

Instead of getting easier it just gets harder, I miss her terribly.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2010, 11:09 AM   #10
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

I live next door to my parents, but I treat them more like elderly neighbors than parents. That's how I manage to live so close and get along reasonably well with them. I feel like a bit of a hypocrite "celebrating" Mother's Day, because my mother was not a very good mother. But it would hurt her if there was no recognition, so I get a small gift and wish her a Happy Mother's Day. No big deal, and no hard feelings. Sometimes ya just gotta know when to bend a little.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:21 AM   #11
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

My mother died a few years ago and, as sad as it may seem to say, it was a blessing. Her mental and physical health had been declining for many years but, honestly, it also took a weight off of my shoulders. I liked her as a person and could see that she did the best she could for me, but there was no connection beyond that (due to many, many circumstances), and playing along with the loving mother/daughter facade had become draining on my spirit and soul.

I do think of her on Mother's Day, acknowledge her efforts, and wish her the happiness wherever she is that she couldn't find on this Earth.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2010, 11:23 AM   #12
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

My mother died in 1976 and I miss her still. It is difficult to see commercials and all the flurry around Mother's Day.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:33 AM   #13
TickledPink

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Girly Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss Pink
Relationship Status:
Shacked UP

Location: The Holt-Mason Chateau Decherd/I'm a NashVegas Girl!
Thanked 1,998 Times in 607 Posts
TickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for starting this thread. Hugs for you!!

I miss my mother terribly. No one can replace that kind of unique spirit, and, I believe it lives on; through my sister, my nephews, me and anyone she touched while her physical being was here.

I don't have children either, but, I do have a wonderful SON dog!
TickledPink is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TickledPink For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2010, 11:57 AM   #14
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

The one great love of my life - my mom, passed in 1996. Tho she did not approve of my lifestyle, she did love me completely - this I know.

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her...she is still very much a part of me and my daily life. Sadly, Mother's Day, Christmas, Easter, and all the holidays have lost their joy for me - life in general has dimmed for me, as she was the light of my life. It's just not the same world without her.

As Diva said above, to say I miss her terribly, doesn't begin to express my loss and pain. She was my idol, my mentor, and a very strong woman of values and morals. She taught me to be the strong woman I am today - thank you mom.

The is an organ of fire.
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cinderella For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2010, 06:55 PM   #15
ruthie14

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Red face

Thanks for sharing everyone. I'm sure there are those on the planet who will appriciate your stories and realize that they are not alone.
The Following User Says Thank You to ruthie14 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #16
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
{{{{{{{{{{Ruthie}}}}}}}}}} I remember last year's Mothers day and how hard it was for you.... I am here for you sweetie if you need me.....

I lost my mother 1 month after I graduated highschool. I was devastated... I cant wait to go back to florida and visit the ocean where her ashes were strewn.
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2010, 07:15 PM   #17
katzietootle

How Do You Identify?:
alien wandering
Relationship Status:
wandering

Location: illegal alien on mars, permanent resident on pluto,migrating to planet kazoom
katzietootle is a splendid one to beholdkatzietootle is a splendid one to beholdkatzietootle is a splendid one to beholdkatzietootle is a splendid one to beholdkatzietootle is a splendid one to beholdkatzietootle is a splendid one to beholdkatzietootle is a splendid one to behold

first year without my mum during nana's day...(sigh)
Old 05-04-2010, 07:20 PM   #18
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

My mother was found dead of unknown causes in 2001. I think of her often.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2010, 09:23 PM   #19
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

As someone who gave a child up for adoption, Mothers day has always been a good/bad day. My son and i reunited when he was 18.

So as you move, as you fly, think of me watching
the river go by
I'm no good at saying goodbye
so hello from the river and I
You're so far away making a life of your own
I'm amazed by what you've done
You're so far away in a world I'll never know
I'm amazed by you my son
So as you move, as you fly, think of me
watching the river go by
I'm no good at saying goodbye
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kimbo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2010, 09:41 PM   #20
Sunny

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Sunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mothers Day

Ruthie I want to thank you for starting this thread.
My Mother passed away on June 6th 2000. Mother's Day is hard for me because it is in your face. Everywhere you go you can cannot avoid seeing the ads to celebrate. My Mother was not perfect. She had alot of issues that she had to deal with. However, she was a good Woman. She had a great sense of humor, intelligent, caring and she never put herself first before her children. Whenever I was upset as a child, she would hug me and I would lay my head on her lap and she would stroke my hair tell me everything would be ok.
When she passed away I was at her bedside. She had a stroke and she did not come around after that. She lasted one day. I remember the nurse told me that she was passing. At my Mother's bedside, I told her to go into the light that Grandma and Grandpa were waiting for her. I told her that twice and each time she let go a little. Then I promised her I would see her in Heaven and she passed from her body. This experience I will never forget for as long as I live.
Thanks for letting me share. I honor my Mother for the gifts she gave me. Sunny