Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 09-16-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation
Default Holidays Coming Up -so what do u do for them?

I was looking at the calander and, wow the hollidays arent far off.I wonders how other people celebrated them or observed them or not at all.Being I started this I will go first.
For years when my mom was hear we always did the full holliday thing,ya know big meals,partys with friends,christmas tree,decorated the house ..yeah all of the stuf that some folks do some or all of.Back then The family consisted of me, mom,my 2 kids,the oldest married with 2 kids growing up...Oooh have things changed over the last ten years,now its only me my younger son who is now 38.The oldest has a burr under his saddle over who knows what so I only see the near grown grandkids when the fair wind blows.I still do some decorating for the hollidays but not like before..most of the time its pretty low key..I do cook a thanksgiveing meal and one for christmas as we as new years..the only tree we put up is a pair of ceramic ones that my mom and aunt Jo made a long time ago,still hang socks of christmass eve for the kid and fur kids.But folks, it just aint the same anymore.Last year I did some things for charity and kids causes its something mom did so I contenue to do that.This year I want/need something diffrent so I will figure something out before then,maybe I can get some ideas from the planet folks.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2010, 12:23 PM   #2
ravfem

How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl
Relationship Status:
negative

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,269 Posts
ravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputation

i have to admit i'm a bah humbug....if it were up to me, the holiday season would be the same length as the sports season...ONE DAY! However, because most of my exes and friends are christian, i do play along with it, without too much mumblin under my breath.

i'm one who prefers to give than get, especially when the person getting understands how much i love it and skips the whole, "but i didn't get you anything" spiel. It also helps when the money is nice

my fondest holiday memories include my chosen family, for sure.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

This year has been a year of loss for our family, losing both my Grandmother and my Mother within 6 months of each other.

My Sister and I are skipping family Thanksgiving this year, and we will get together sometime during the week before Christmas to quietly exchange gifts.

In my house, we will be starting new traditions...the Holidays for me are so wrapped up in childhood memories of wonderful times, that to try and duplicate them without my Mom....I'm not sure I could do it...heck I'm not sure how I'll get through it all anyway.

We will have friends and other family at Thanksgiving (my favorite Holiday), and an at home Christmas day....or maybe a cruise to a warm location.....
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2010, 01:19 PM   #4
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I just hope to get through it all calmly and with dignity and no crying.

I hope I can just say no to events I do not want to attend with no guilt and attend the events I say I will and feel really good and feel present while I am there.

I have not been a fan of big family occasions since my mother died and we moved to the US when I was 13. I would seriously rather skip the whole thing...but my Cynthia loves family and holidays, so I hope I can be positive and have fun with her.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #5
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

I usually find some orphan Thanksgiving to go to, spend it by myself or work. I definitely try to work on Christmas because I don't like Christmas at all. I prefer Thanksgiving over Christmas.

This year I will be going to Diva's pre-thanksgiving dinner since I live 7 minutes away. On actual Thanksgiving I'm not sure what I will be doing. Me and Gemme will find something to do or have something ourselves.

For Christmas I have no clue. Again I don't like Christmas so hopefully it will involve Chinese food and a movie.

Have I mentioned I don't like Christmas?

Love
The Grinch

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2010, 01:30 PM   #6
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organicbutch View Post
I usually find some orphan Thanksgiving to go to, spend it by myself or work. I definitely try to work on Christmas because I don't like Christmas at all. I prefer Thanksgiving over Christmas.

This year I will be going to Diva's pre-thanksgiving dinner since I live 7 minutes away. On actual Thanksgiving I'm not sure what I will be doing. Me and Gemme will find something to do or have something ourselves.

For Christmas I have no clue. Again I don't like Christmas so hopefully it will involve Chinese food and a movie.

Love
The Grinch
I dont like it either and Chinese Food and a movie sounds DIVINE! I like Halloween!
Old 09-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #7
ravfem

How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl
Relationship Status:
negative

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,269 Posts
ravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Love
The Grinch
i seriously contemplated inviting myself to Diva's & trying to drive to Tx.

Nasty chinese buffet sounds good!
Old 09-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #8
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

::::soft eyes on those who mourn the loss of loved ones:::::

let me share with you a tradition my family does at xmas every year. It is not xtian, it is druid/pagan, tho some forms of it were adopted and adapted into xtian carpathian mtn area customs...

on xmas eve, we fast all day, to cleanse our body and to prepare for the huge feast that our gods and goddesses provide...

at dinner time, when the night sky turns past indigo and into violet, the table is set, with one extra seating. That seat is to invite all our passed over ancestors and loved ones to join us.

we dine by candlelight to break the darkness and to provide an envelope of sacred light around us

we join hands and give praise for the bounty of last year, for the health of ourselves and our beasts, for the governance of and support by our gods and goddesses, etc

we pass around a clove of garlic and bite off a piece...to chase the devil away...

we heap on our plate unleavened bread, soaked in lightoil and poppyseed

and top it with prunes

all of which are sacred foods from our region

afterwards, we blow out the candle, thank our ancestors for joining us and clear off the table. As a child, I followed my father outside so he ould give the leftovers to the animals. As part of this was generated thru xtian lore, it was believed this was the nite the good lord would ask the animals if their master was kind to them. If so, the land and the family were blessed. If not, atonement was set for the following year. Not punishment. Atonement.

I remember watching my father scratch the animals on their head and remind them to tell baby jesus how each nite he carried buckets of fresh water out to them even in the coldest of weathers. I have never met a more kind farmer in my life than my father...he taught me how to love the animals who serve us...

perhaps this year an extra place setting could be set at your tables...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2010, 01:36 PM   #9
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
I dont like it either and Chinese Food and a movie sounds DIVINE! I like Halloween!
I love love love Halloween. It's the only day I can dress like a total goober and get away with it. I can't wait!! I like passing out candy and seeing all the costumes and seeing who's mom made their costume.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2010, 01:37 PM   #10
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
::::soft eyes on those who mourn the loss of loved ones:::::

let me share with you a tradition my family does at xmas every year. It is not xtian, it is druid/pagan, tho some forms of it were adopted and adapted into xtian carpathian mtn area customs...

on xmas eve, we fast all day, to cleanse our body and to prepare for the huge feast that our gods and goddesses provide...

at dinner time, when the night sky turns past indigo and into violet, the table is set, with one extra seating. That seat is to invite all our passed over ancestors and loved ones to join us.

we dine by candlelight to break the darkness and to provide an envelope of sacred light around us

we join hands and give praise for the bounty of last year, for the health of ourselves and our beasts, for the governance of and support by our gods and goddesses, etc

we pass around a clove of garlic and bite off a piece...to chase the devil away...

we heap on our plate unleavened bread, soaked in lightoil and poppyseed

and top it with prunes

all of which are sacred foods from our region

afterwards, we blow out the candle, thank our ancestors for joining us and clear off the table. As a child, I followed my father outside so he ould give the leftovers to the animals. As part of this was generated thru xtian lore, it was believed this was the nite the good lord would ask the animals if their master was kind to them. If so, the land and the family were blessed. If not, atonement was set for the following year. Not punishment. Atonement.

I remember watching my father scratch the animals on their head and remind them to tell baby jesus how each nite he carried buckets of fresh water out to them even in the coldest of weathers. I have never met a more kind farmer in my life than my father...he taught me how to love the animals who serve us...

perhaps this year an extra place setting could be set at your tables...
What a wonderful way to celebrate!

I usually end up at the in-laws or relatives I have nothing in common with wishing I were home.

I can't tell you how lucky you are to have had a kind father who loved and cherished animals.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:38 PM   #11
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
I love love love Halloween. It's the only day I can dress like a total goober and get away with it. I can't wait!! I like passing out candy and seeing all the costumes and seeing who's mom made their costume.
I like to fix theme food and act like a goober too! Yeayyyyyy!
Old 09-16-2010, 02:58 PM   #12
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

All of my family whoever they are are christian I'm Jewish so I only celebrate Hanukkah and Thanksgiving but don't usually do anything on those days. Its too much to cook a whole turkey on Thanksgiving. This year I think I will be moving to a warmer climate so maybe there will be something I can do there. Like the beach??
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lipstixgal For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2010, 03:00 PM   #13
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Duck n cover.
We will not be going to anyones home this year...yey!
We will have dinner at our home for a change, minus the in-laws I have a feeling.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2010, 03:25 PM   #14
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

I decided ealier in the year that I would come up with logical political reasons to not celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas. It was a beautiful dream, I would skip both holidays and be politicaly ultra correct at the same time!

It did not work.
I was laughed at.

Seriously, even thinking about the holidays is making me anxious.

:canow orms:: canoworms::canowo rms::c anoworms::canowor ms:
Old 09-16-2010, 03:27 PM   #15
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

I told Nice Ex that I wanted to volunteer somewhere for Thanksgiving, and

She found an excellent place to do that.

It was one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #16
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I will be off on Thanksgiving and New Years, this year. I've put in my leave request for my birthday off, too, so that would give me an extra long New Year's weekend, since my birthday, which is on a Thursday this year, bumps up on my regularly scheduled weekend off.

I don't mind working Christmas weekend this year, nor have I in previous years. I usually volunteer to work it so that my coworkers who have children can enjoy a Christmas Day with them. I collect the holiday pay, in return.

What am I thinking?? I collect holiday pay (double time) for all 3 holidays.

~Theo~
Old 09-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #17
Laerkin

How Do You Identify?:
Girlie with a touch of bossy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, but not hung up on the details
Relationship Status:
Parenting our furry family with SmoothButch

3 Highscores

Laerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST Reputation

As a kid, I loved the holidays for the days away from school and food and presents. Boy how things change. Lol.

I adore Thanksgiving. I spend weeks planning my menu and trying out recipes. I spend days before cooking and prepping. And on the big day I love spoiling my loved ones with organic meats and produce, carefully crafted appetizers and desserts. It's an act of love.

And Christmas - I really dislike the growing commercialism of the holiday. I am not religious so instead, Christmas is sacred because it means a trip home to San Diego to see my parents. I spend all year missing them and Christmas is my time to go home (with SB) to visit the people I love so much.

I make most of my gifts anymore and each is carefully selected to be meaningful and special. I also cook on Christmas for my dad and help my mom.

I'm so excited to go home!!!
Laerkin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Laerkin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2010, 04:00 PM   #18
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

My girlfriends family has special recipees that they have to make and have on Thankgiving and Christmas. I don't really get a say or to cook. Last year it was even at our house and they took over.

In their defense, they don't make me eat turkey, which I am allergic to, but do complain about it the entire time.

I probably need to log off and stop thinking about it, my ears are starting to burn.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:26 PM   #19
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Thank everone for replying,I didnt expect it,thanks again.I learned one thig about hollidays..no way can I remake moms way with what she did for them..just not happening.Mom was a lot traditional,I am not.Things had to be just so so and correct..not me.She had a color scean to go with it all..I sorta do that but over all I am more pegan in my beliefs wich she never liked.
The holliday I like best is halloween,my gram camd from the old country in italy,every year she would tell tales of her childhood and old stories and ledgens she remembered.We had a big neighborhood party costumes and all.Remember my gram lived out in the country where she raised me so most ppl that were anywhere near came and also pot lucked the food...we played games,those of us who had horses rode till near midnight then we came in and paid respedt to those in the hear after.I know if I did that now I prolly would be thought of as plane nuts..but it would still be fun.
Christamses were diffrent,gran and mom did the full meal deal,if we knew anyone who didnt have family we shure tryed to get then to come.On christmas eve direing the day we only ate breakfast and fasted till after midnight mass cause when we got back gramps would cook his traditional italian breakfast to start the day wich was usely about 2:00am.Then we opened one present and had to wait till supper to open the rest..we usely didnt wait near that long.New years gramp would big a pit and roast a whole hog and a quarter of beef and everyone that cam potlucked the rest..we welcomed the year in right..lotsa gramps wine flowed that day..
For me christmas has become a bit to commershalised with the gimmie, gimmie thing.Its not the big deal it once was,thats what I miss,we still observe it but never like before.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2010, 05:27 PM   #20
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

I can take or leave Thanksgiving Dinner - and will most likely volunteer to work a shift that day. Soooooo much prep to be gobbled up and then have to be cleaned up. I'm thankful everyday for the blessings in my life so I'm good.....And my family isn't much on Turkey anyway - so we will prolly have lasagna or something.

Christmas on the other hand - I enjoy celebrating both the Birth of Christ (i dont care if it was actually in april) But being a Christian I enjoy celebrating the receiving of the gift I was given... the birth of The Lord.

Add to it the joy I receive in giving gifts - especially to the Wee One, who has proven to be well worth the effort and love I lavish on her. I am hoping that I can trade or be scheduled off for Christmas as I do enjoy spending the day playing with all the Wee One's new toys lol,. and I like putting together a totally untraditional meal... I never know what I might want to fix until a few days before hand.

New Years Eve I can take or leave - but I do put together a tasty NY Day spread and am having out of town guests to partake and enjoy my culinary efforts.

That's pretty much our holiday celebrations - they are subject to change of course due to employment and things happening - but I enjoy the holidays - and I enjoy my family - and I'm blessed.

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post: