Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 11-29-2009, 01:23 PM   #61
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Christie,

If I were you, I would research acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, reiki, and also if you can find someone via word of mouth who is a wildlife rehab. person. They usually can get better results than the avg. vet, and meds.

I wish you and your much love and peace.

Love,
Andrew

Sue,

I found some places here in the US but had no clue you guys were in the UK. Try this site, it is in Annapolis, Maryland, but you may get some ideas from it. It is www.eyecareforanimals.com. I hope it helps!

Love,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2009, 04:19 PM   #62
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I'm not really a dog person, but here I have this dog....Lucy. She's a rescue Pit/Black Lab mix.....and stubborn as hell. But anyone who has met my Lucy can see how special she is.....

And they also wonder how TWO stubborn bitches can live under the same roof....but we manage.

Nice thread, Belle!
thats what I said... I'm not a dog person. Now I have 6.
Sachita is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2009, 04:29 PM   #63
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

6 dogs, 4 cats, 1 pig, all rescues. I attribute the health of my animals to the food I give them along with herbs, fruits, veggies and natural healing. I pay a lot in animal feed/food but for long term health its worth it. My dream is to make more money and take care of more. Its our privilege to care for them and what we should do.
Sachita is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2009, 05:52 PM   #64
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,450 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
6 dogs, 4 cats, 1 pig, all rescues. I attribute the health of my animals to the food I give them along with herbs, fruits, veggies and natural healing. I pay a lot in animal feed/food but for long term health its worth it. My dream is to make more money and take care of more. Its our privilege to care for them and what we should do.
I hope that all works out for you, that takes heart and dedication!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnAverageGuy View Post
I asked this question on another site about sugar gliders, should they be legal in all 50 states without having to have papers just to own them, but for breeding they have to be USDA registered and licensed. Some states they are illegal, some you have to have USDA papers to even own them and some states are very shady, my question is should action be taken to make them legal in all 50 states?
Only because I am born and raised in Hawaii, I can say this; the laws are very strict, they don't want domestic animals being tossed out and becoming feral and a strain on what little natural habitats left of the almost extinct animals, plants and incect species that we do have. So Hawaii would more than likely not accept, as they don't have hamsters, hedgehogs, snakes, many types of lizards, And the quarantines are even stricter. The Amnesty law will give you a few days to turn in any illegal animals but if you do get caught, Well, jail and fines are outrageous. But if you truly believe in legalization, by all means, do what ever it takes!
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:05 PM   #65
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

Kudos to all rescuers and fosters.

On a side note:

when the money becomes available to me and more resources as well, I am thinking of seeing if I can adopt a special needs glider. The glider I really would love to adopt, is living in a sanctuary setting for the rest of his life, he is blind but oh so loving.
NotAnAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NotAnAverageGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2009, 09:29 PM   #66
Diavolo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Diavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
thats what I said... I'm not a dog person. Now I have 6.
Wonder what would happen if I said I wasn't a femme person...
Diavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diavolo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2009, 11:13 PM   #67
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
Wonder what would happen if I said I wasn't a femme person...
No clue LOL just wait till others read it and see what happens
The Following User Says Thank You to NotAnAverageGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2009, 01:00 PM   #68
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Default municipalities

in a bit we are convening to discuss an outline drafted by the humane society. the goal of our committee is to bring an animal control shelter into present times and practises, and to be more involved with its community [taxpayers who pay for AC services].

we will adress an animal control sheter operating without a S.O.P. [standard operating procedures], the way animals deserve humane treatment inside of the facility, and so on.

here is a great link:

http://www.animallaw.info/articles/o...ordinances.htm

we plan to call in several of our advisors, who have been with us every step of the way, when we meet next,as this goes before the county commissioners.

violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #69
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:

violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Smile just in about Daz, the dobie

an email from dobie rescue-

"Daz had his heartworm treatment yesterday and today and he is truly a phenomenal, very well loved big Doberboy. Handled the shots well, so fingers crossed the next month is uneventful for him. Good save!!!"

[he was neutered a little while before undergoing hw tx].

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #70
FeminineAllure

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
My rainbow is way overdue

7 Highscores

Thanked 2,026 Times in 555 Posts
FeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I have a feral cat colony living on my back porch. I feed them daily and provide shelter...water. Some are coming around...baby steps.
I initially thought one of the female cats had one kitten it turns out she has three!!! They are precious!
I am working with some local organizations to TNR them. Provide their shots, medical care if needed.
Then the other day a beautiful Tabby was crying at my door. I fed him/her and hopefully she/he went back home. I could tell this cat was someones pet.
My purpose in life is connected to helping cats somehow. The funny part is I am highly allergic to them.
I live on Benadryl just to have my baby boy Punkin. Another rescue.
Punkin says hello to auntie belle.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:29 PM   #71
Inuus

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single Not Looking

Inuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST Reputation

Kudos to you rescuers fosterers(is that a word?..lol) and animal guardian angels!
Ya know after reading alot on this thread I know there are alot of loving/caring animal angels out there which regularly restores my fairth in humanity. But I also know how education is really important too!
I have found actually alot of people are quite ignorant about the proper basic care of animals, or dont think it all through before they get an animal on impulse. To me its the hardest thing for me to deal with! I try to educate people as best as I can. Im known as the nutty dog lady around here that drives miles to take her dog to a canine oncologist when she was diagnosed with cancer..lol people know how much I care about my Gouda and dogs in general so when they are having troubles training or the dog seems sick etc they seem to ask me. I dont mind at all but wow..just amazes me how many people dont even know the basics. Is it just me? Am I just oversensitive or something? Do others see at least some of what Im seeing? Like for example
A coworker calls me the other day to say her sons pit is sick with vomiting and she has noticed flat type worms in his stool. I had to step back and take a breath. I mean to me it just seemed obvious the poor thing is infested with tapeworms. Something so easily prevented or treated with the proper meds. She said she had wormed him once. I said well do you give him monthly heartworm prevention meds? The one I give Gouda also kills internal parasites. She said whats heartworm? WOW uggh..I really had to step back. Heartworm is one of the easiest potentially deadly conditions in dogs to is also easily preventable. She had never taken the dog in for heartworm testing and she didnt even know what it was. I just find that very frustrating!
Oh and dont get me started on the people that dont spay or neuter their pets! I have gone around and around with people even my sister about this. I would say out of all the pet peeves(no pun intended) with people and their pets..spay/neuter is my biggest! I think education and relearning what one might have been brought up to believe is the key. It seems old learned habits are hard to break in that dept.
I guess Im a zealot or something when it comes to proper care and treatment of pets. Im a firm believer..you take on a pet even with the best of intentions(rescues etc) its ones obligation to give the best of care one can afford ...Im not saying the pet should get treatment while the human family suffers. But think it through if you arent willing to pay for possible health problems down the road dont get a pet. Pets arent disposable items like alot of the stuff in our society. Also if one isnt in a stable situation as far as housing etc a pet..another living being shouldnt be brought into that situation in the first place.
Im sorry this was a vent of sorts but I felt if anyone could understand all you animal lovers could
Im sure some of you have pet peeves as well..Im sure Im not the only nutty dog(or cat or any pet) lady in here..lol
Old 12-02-2009, 06:36 PM   #72
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Diamond Pet Foods Announces Recall of Premium Edge Adult Cat and Premium Edge Hairball Cat Food

I know Melamine hit the news about our pets food. Sometimes other things don't make the headlines, and critters suffer.

Diamond Pet Foods Announces Recall of Premium Edge Adult Cat and Premium Edge Hairball Cat Food

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - On September 23, Diamond Pet Foods issued a voluntary recall for Premium Edge Finicky Adult Cat and Premium Edge Hairball cat because they have the potential to produce Thiamine Deficiency. Today’s announcement provides additional information from the company’s posted announcement of September 23 when the initial recall information was provided.

Thiamine is essential for cats. Symptoms of deficiency displayed by an affected cat can be gastrointestinal or neurological in nature. At the first stage the cat may show decreased appetite, salivation, vomiting, and weight loss. Later, neurologic signs can develop, which may include ventriflexion (bending towards the floor) of the neck, wobbly walking, circling, falling, and seizures. These ultimately may result in the death of the animal if left untreated. If your cat has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian. "

Entire press release, and states affected can be seen @ http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm192404.htm
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2009, 10:41 PM   #73
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
Has anyone used the anti anxiety medication, Reconcile?

We have a mini schnauzer who was a Katrina rescue. He has always been a tad on the "crazy" side, but since our move in April, his anxiety has just escalated.

We consulted with a new vet here yesterday, and he has ordered this medication for Scooter. It should be in next week.

We have tried the OTC calming meds for him without any results.

I would be interested in others' experiences with this.
I have not had any experience with this...are you doing anything to work with his anxiety? Definitely kennel them when you are not around. I worked with a trainer and she helped me find ways to keep my dog a bit busier but nothing ever really took away all her anxiety.
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:51 PM   #74
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:

Default article- what's worrying the modern dog?

christine, may these links be of some help to you all.

i like very low-key arrivals/departures to and from the home. going about your business for a little while does seem to help with separation anxiety related issues. plus, you have time to put down the packages, and go to the bathroom!

http://dogtime.com/canine-anxiety-epidemic.html

i've always been fond of this site:

http://www.ddfl.org/behavior/barking.pdf

http://www.ddfl.org/tips.htm
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2009, 10:58 PM   #75
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

My dog has some issues as well with anxiety, I keep her busy with toys, etc and it does help.

And I started taking her places with me, to get her more social and when she is around other dogs her anxiety ceases a lil.

I have noticed most of the small breeds have serious anxiety issues
Old 12-02-2009, 11:26 PM   #76
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnAverageGuy View Post
My dog has some issues as well with anxiety, I keep her busy with toys, etc and it does help.

And I started taking her places with me, to get her more social and when she is around other dogs her anxiety ceases a lil.

I have noticed most of the small breeds have serious anxiety issues
Seperation anxiety is common in abandoned dogs. You can watch a dog in a pound slowly lose it's spirit..they call it shelter shock. The longer they stay the worse it can be. I found my dog on petfinder and watched her the month before I closed on my house, by the time I got to the pound to get her she had lost her spirit and was set to be euthanized.

I love dogs and knew my house would not be a home without one. As soon as everything was moved in and put away I went to meet her...she broke my heart, when I went to take her back to her kennel she took her lead and sat down on it and wouldn't budge.

When I put her in the front seat of my truck for the ride home she glowed...she acted so proud and knew she was home. I was suprised I adopted her, she was a pit, lab mix and I know I'm not the best alpha dog. I have some fears of pits after one attacked my house. My Sadie dog taught me alot...
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimbo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2009, 12:20 AM   #77
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:

Default yellow warning- [some info may be hard to read]

kimbo, yes. Daz, the dobe could not make eye contact for quite some time after being in the shelter.

yellow

now, this shelter is a horrible animal control facility. the dogs are routinely sprayed with water and chemicals instead of being moved out of their runs. there is no excuse for this. i will not go into further details, because i am waiting for the day to post some good news in the name of change at this particular animal control shelter.

i have made entries in this thread about my work on a committee of the humane society. the humane society does not wish to "run" the animal control shelter. the humane society, my committee, and many other people within the community [who have written compelling letters about the "culture of the animal control shelter" in this county] only want the animals to be respected, and yes, hopefully all of them go to forever homes.

the issue is when the county commissioners are the legislative and policy making body of county government the animal control must answer to- and the commissioners do nothing about complaints. hence, al of our involvement - when it really should be the job of the county commissioners to listen to the taxpayers who pay for animal control services- including the "humane" treatment of animals at the shelter.

i'm going to add another post so this does not get timed out.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:31 AM   #78
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
Seperation anxiety is common in abandoned dogs. You can watch a dog in a pound slowly lose it's spirit..they call it shelter shock. The longer they stay the worse it can be. I found my dog on petfinder and watched her the month before I closed on my house, by the time I got to the pound to get her she had lost her spirit and was set to be euthanized.

I love dogs and knew my house would not be a home without one. As soon as everything was moved in and put away I went to meet her...she broke my heart, when I went to take her back to her kennel she took her lead and sat down on it and wouldn't budge.

When I put her in the front seat of my truck for the ride home she glowed...she acted so proud and knew she was home. I was suprised I adopted her, she was a pit, lab mix and I know I'm not the best alpha dog. I have some fears of pits after one attacked my house. My Sadie dog taught me alot...
I had heard that as well, my dog was a Xmas present 4 years ago from a breeder. I spoiled her and I think thats my downfall right now.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:32 AM   #79
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

Quote:
Originally Posted by violaine View Post
kimbo, yes. Daz, the dobe could not make eye contact for quite some time after being in the shelter.

yellow

now, this shelter is a horrible animal control facility. the dogs are routinely sprayed with water and chemicals instead of being moved out of their runs. there is no excuse for this. i will not go into further details, because i am waiting for the day to post some good news in the name of change at this particular animal control shelter.

i have made entries in this thread about my work on a committee of the humane society. the humane society does not wish to "run" the animal control shelter. the humane society, my committee, and many other people within the community [who have written compelling letters about the "culture of the animal control shelter" in this county] only want the animals to be respected, and yes, hopefully all of them go to forever homes.

the issue is when the county commissioners are the legislative and policy making body of county government the animal control must answer to- and the commissioners do nothing about complaints. hence, al of our involvement - when it really should be the job of the county commissioners to listen to the taxpayers who pay for animal control services- including the "humane" treatment of animals at the shelter.

i'm going to add another post so this does not get timed out.
Belle,

Here in Houston, BARC has had the "not wanting to run their shelter issue" and most of the animals there were sick and some died.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:35 AM   #80
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

Hmm...
For the Deaf ferrets, I use a specific Sign Language for each and every action....Something they'll easily learn, nothing complicated or fancy...
I've also fostered Deaf Dalmatians... Same deal with the Sign language { for Sit, I would lower the hand firmly in the air, heel was patting the hand on the ground in front of you *Vibration*, "Treat" was Groping the air near my mouth*after they see u several times doing that while holding treats, they get the point* Discipline was easy, use harness, corrective tugs, "No" was Index finger firmly pointed near the face, not too close with corrective tugs at first, never switch signs, never use same signs for anything else}...
Worse thing to do for either Dog or Ferret ( and yes, Deaf Humans *L*)..Approaching from behind, catching off-guard to grab attention...
in the animals case, you could get bitten or you could upset them{in the humans, an elbow, or slap or punch if they're high strung...}

We have a growing population of Feral cats in Athens county, because immature Students make cute kitty cuddly adoptions, when the Quarters over and they have to return to mom + pop....the City gets the kitteh...
Many locals implore them not to do that..
But, ever since the Cat shelter was closed due to lack of funds and volunteers [ this happened when I first moved in ], the numbers grow..
Some residents even offer advise on those wanting to help control the Feral population, by setting Humaine traps, and Neutering / Spaying...
Taco Bell on the main downtown road has a pack of feral cats called "the taco bell kitties"
The running joke is a little...dumb...and racist...{ there's a chinese buffet across the street...}

http://www.cypresskeep.com/Ferretfiles/Deaf.htm

http://www.deafdal.co.uk/Links.htm