Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 11-15-2010, 06:44 PM   #21
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Over the weekend I made the leap into the unknown...I bought a bottle of D3 5000 iu at Sam's - 400 for just under $10. My doctor charges me $14 for 60 of the same strength. He switched brands earlier this year and I noticed that familiar pain has been slowly creeping back. I decided to try this brand to see what, if anything, happens. These are liqui-gels...started them yesterday, let's see what, if anything, happens.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #22
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation

I am in the same boat, Vitamin D deficient. I have been doing a lot of research on it and have also found that Vitamin D does some amazing things:
1. Modulates your immune system. Vitamin D makes your immune system smarter! So it helps Auto immune conditions too!
2. Cancer prevention > There are a lot of studies being done about the role of Vitamin D3 in preventing cancer and in supporting remission as well.
3. We need much higher doses than earlier thought.

Pashi
Old 11-15-2010, 07:13 PM   #23
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
Over the weekend I made the leap into the unknown...I bought a bottle of D3 5000 iu at Sam's - 400 for just under $10. My doctor charges me $14 for 60 of the same strength. He switched brands earlier this year and I noticed that familiar pain has been slowly creeping back. I decided to try this brand to see what, if anything, happens. These are liqui-gels...started them yesterday, let's see what, if anything, happens.

It would be fabulous to know which brands do work better!

Pashi
Old 11-22-2010, 09:37 AM   #24
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Sun Exposure and Repeated Sunburns

I want to save others from the heartbreak of loosing someone to skin cancer like I did with the loss of my sister. This is in response to an earlier post about someone not wanting to use sunscreen while outside.

Let me state that I was the last person on earth to wear suntan lotion. I was always going for the nice looking tan. I tan very easily, and it stays with me thru the fall. In fact, I get complimented on it by doctors. Not any longer.

Suntaning is great, but I do believe now in lathering up with suntan lotion. So many different cancers are now coming out, and just don't have cures. Sure there are clinical trials with experimental drugs and trials. But people still die.

With sun exposure and repeated sunburns - this speeds up the aging of your skin. Listed below is what happens:

- skin gets thinner
- deep wrinkles
- dry skin
- fine red veins that show up on your face esp. your nose, cheeks, and ears
- freckles
- liver spots
- skin cancer (mild to melanoma)
- cataracts in your eyes (wear sunglasses while driving, boating, on the beach, and just being outside in general)

*also now there is lotions and makeups being made with sunscreen in them that I strongly would recommend using

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Best regards,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2010, 10:16 AM   #25
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAlchemy View Post
Hi Everybody,

I too have had a vitamin D deficiency. I now take mega doses daily. In my experience, using a tanning bed for 10 minutes a couple times a week also really helps. I can see a measurable difference in my moods and physical pain levels.

That was a good article posted at the beginning of the thread. Thanks for sharing.

I am so happy that my rheumatologist uses both western and eastern thought in her practice. Vitamin D does help with chronic pain management. also, is key for our body being able to fully assimilate calcium.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 12:22 AM   #26
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:
And you said I wasn’t your type!!!

Thanked 1,079 Times in 377 Posts
jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation

I had gotten to the point where I was having a lot of symptoms, but couldn't really pinpoint what was causing it, so off to the doctor. After numerous tests: D, B12, Thyroid, magnesium and hormones, all came back deficient. My body will not process the b12 so I take 2 of the sublinguals. I also take 5,000 of D3, 2 Fish oils, a probiotic, 2 magnesium at night and 1 in morning, and last but not least my pharmacist compounds a hormone cream tailored specifically to my test results.

So far, so good.

“Sometimes we make the right decision; sometimes we make the decision right.”

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
jelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #27
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionaria View Post

It would be fabulous to know which brands do work better!

Pashi
Bloodwork in...after taking the Sam's vitamins since November i am happy to report my levels are just fine. In fact my doctor was surprised because my level was 50!
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #28
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Ran across a interesting bit of info on the Budwig Diet for curing cancer. Kinda hard to gets through with my phone, but thought I would share it with you all.

So many of us need health advice, maybe this info can help in some small way.

Dr. Budwig has her books available on Amazon.

Just Google Budwig Diet.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2014, 07:42 AM   #29
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

I have been struggling with vitamin d deficiency for several years, my initial diagnosis was in 2008 or 09 and I was in a lot of pain. At the initial diagnosis my number was 12...my doctor rechecked it last year and it was 19...my doctor advised me that I need to take at least 2000 units daily (I have been taking 5000) our goal is to be at 30-60.

the symptoms I am having are very much "MS like" and any advice for dealing with this would be helpful...I clicked on the link but it is not available anymore

thanks
cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2014, 09:30 AM   #30
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket26 View Post
I have been struggling with vitamin d deficiency for several years, my initial diagnosis was in 2008 or 09 and I was in a lot of pain. At the initial diagnosis my number was 12...my doctor rechecked it last year and it was 19...my doctor advised me that I need to take at least 2000 units daily (I have been taking 5000) our goal is to be at 30-60.

the symptoms I am having are very much "MS like" and any advice for dealing with this would be helpful...I clicked on the link but it is not available anymore

thanks
I too have a vitamin D deficiency. I take vitamin D3 of 5000 IU dosage of one capsule a day from Nature Made Vitamins, which my doctor and pharmacist recommend as a D3 supplement. My levels are now sufficient at around 50.
Here is a link to Web MD that you can find information on deficient vitamin d3.

Hope this helps you with info. WEB MD Vitamin D3 Deficiency
Old 03-29-2014, 09:59 AM   #31
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
FYI, as I was driving into work this morning and listening to National Public Radio (NPR), I caught the tail end of a story about vitamin D deficiency.

I was surprised to hear that vitamin D deficiency can cause "deadly strokes" in caucasian people. For African Americans some of the impacts of D deficiency does not appear to be as aggressive. Symptoms such as strokes and bone loss.

It is very early in the morning and I have not had the time to go in and read more about this. If you are vitamin D deficient you might want to do the research on this and/or talk with you physician.

It's so weird, I was thinking about starting an over-the-counter drug thread (what we take and why), and Vitamin D is something I've added to my regimen, as I have a deficiency.

I also had high cholesterol for the first time in my life, though I exercise almost every day and my weight is fine.

My mom has had three small strokes since January plus my dad passed away in February and my girlfriend had heart failure and strokes last fall (related to damage from chemo for breast cancer a decade ago—she cut me off, inexplicably from her hospital bed) TMI I know but my point is, I've been scared into even more vigilant health measures—I haven't had a drink since New Year's, exercise even more, have almost totally cut sugar and fat from my diet, and now you've given me another reason not to forget the D.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:49 PM   #32
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

I have been taking 50,000 IU's two times a week. It is prescribed by my doctor. I finally have insurance thanks to my love. I also take B12, but that is over the counter and we chose to go with a brand from Whole Foods. Anyone else have low B12 along with low D? I go back in for blood work in 6 more weeks. Wish me luck!

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2014, 09:02 PM   #33
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

i take thyroid meds, stomach meds and vitamin d...so this article made a lot of sense to me...hope it helps someone else....

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/stomach-acid/
cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote