Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 07-31-2012, 07:04 PM   #21
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
This maybe a good place to remind everyone, including myself, that what we put on our skin is absorbed, at least in part, into our blood stream.

Remember that our skin is the largest organ and is permeable to all chemicals. Reading the contents of lotions, oils, soaps is confusing but the milder and the more organic the better. There are tons of carcinogens out there to watch for.

Putting anything on our skin, including sun tan oils, is the same as sticking some of it in our veins.

Something i tend to let slide, and really we shouldn't.

http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ is a really great resource for learning what's toxic and what isn't. you can search by product, brand, or ingredient, and they also have a bunch of helpful articles about the cosmetics industry, labeling, and toxic ingredients in general.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 07:06 PM   #22
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishah View Post
http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ is a really great resource for learning what's toxic and what isn't. you can search by product, brand, or ingredient, and they also have a bunch of helpful articles about the cosmetics industry, labeling, and toxic ingredients in general.
Great!!!! Anddddddd let's not forget to always make sure they don't animal test as well.

http://www.thevegetariansite.com/ethics_test.htm

Reminds me of Bruiser's Bill.

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 07:44 PM   #23
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

I am really loving Quorn products.lately. I know.they may soon be on the cutting block from my nutritionist, but for now? they are a great meat substitute about 1x/week for me.

cara

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 09:29 PM   #24
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

wow, your responses has been great! Thank you!

I also would love to know, of those who colour their own hair, which colouring you like best. I found one called Fat Foam that I love! And they give you so much of it! My submissive has long hair down to his rib cage (I just cut it. It was to his waist) and we can colour his hair and mine with the same box! And the coverage on grey is really good! And it takes forever for it to start to dim!

Alrighty, here is one maybe the butches can help me with,or those wonderful femmes who know about tools. I need a good flashlight for the house and one for the car. I am tired of buying the cheap ones and having them die out on me or break.

If possible, maybe we can provide suggestions on where our suggestions can be found?I am not sure of some of the names I heard regarding moisturizers..like Princess Belle's ...where do you get them at?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 10:31 PM   #25
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Tia View Post

so, what brand of skin softener, hydrate do you like for face, legs and feet?
I've been using Wei East products for my face, neck and throat for the past 5 years...I have very sensitive (eczema) combination skin, and this works like a charm...I don't every like to be without it. I've always found it at HSN at reasonable prices...The Chestnut Extra Firming Cream, and the Eyes Alive are my favorites...

For my arms, legs, feet, and hands, I use Olay Total Effects 7 body wash and lotion...

I also use Earth To Skin Care, Cracked Heel Renewal daily, for any area of my feet that used to get dry...Since I started using this product, I haven't had any problems with cracking or drying...

Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 10:50 PM   #26
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
Great!!!! Anddddddd let's not forget to always make sure they don't animal test as well.

http://www.thevegetariansite.com/ethics_test.htm

Reminds me of Bruiser's Bill.

Sob! Back to the drawing board on Olay products...GrrrRrrr!! Jerks!

My Wei East products, and Earth To Skin Care product is not tested on animals...YAY!!
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2012, 04:39 AM   #27
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
I have totally abandoned wearing mascara because I have yet to find one that doesn't smudge. I have oily skin, tear up frequently and rub my eyes a lot....so, yea, my fault!

Anybody know of a totally absolutely "I don't care what you do" smudge-proof mascara?

And, on the moisturizer question....I've always found that the Olay products work really well and are not badly priced.
Cover Girl makes an awesome mascara...it's their new 24 Hour waterproof in the black tube...i have smudging problems too and so far so good with this one. Also L'Oreal in the red & white tube stays put...you put on the white base and follow with the color...comes off with warm water but otherwise stays on...
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2012, 05:07 AM   #28
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

a very dear friend who looks about 10 years younger than she is told me her secret on what she uses as a face cream and why she has little wrinkles....

Preparation H
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2012, 06:09 AM   #29
Daktari

Quote:
A resounding yes to this....frequent application of moisturizer is key. My grandmother made it to 73 with barely a wrinkle on either face or hands....and she swore by moisturizer at least morning and night, and preferably a couple times in the middle too.

She also kept hand lotion on her kitchen sink, bedside table, bathroom, etc. Anytime she passed a bottle, she applied it.

Even though she lived in Florida and was an avid gardener, her skin was gorgeous thanks to these habits (and wearing a hat, always), even without buying expensive products.
It seems a lot of folks think that the more they pay the more beneficial the product. Research shows that this is not the case.

Personally I prefer to not put all the nasties, like parabens and sodium laureth sulphate (check out the nasty things it can do...it's in lots and lots of things) in shop bought products I'm going to put on my skin; our largest organ as Belle has already told us.

Since I gave up smoking and drinking alcohol my skin has improved no end, proving that it's not just about what you put ON your skin but what you put IN your body too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2012, 06:12 AM   #30
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I have found products from L'Occitane en Provence to be good and the Immortelle products are very good for your face. Their Shea Butter hand cream is very good and lasts up to 3 hand washes before you have to reapply it and I love their ultra rich body cream for moisture.

Their products are $$ but well worth it.

Zimmeh

Quote:
As I age, my skin becomes dryer. And, some of it is due to the fact that my store has no air conditioning and I am in a sauna now for 6 - 10 hours a day. I was wondering what I could use on my face, my legs, and my feet. My old products just dont work. And I dont shop. But many people on the planet do and you know the best in quality and perhaps in price as well.

So I propose that people can post what they want help with, and people chime in with their experience and opinions. We dont have to stay on one line of product...we can do several at a time. That is, if there is any interest.

Like, nail polish remover. Is there any difference between the brands? And is the dippy kind better or does it last longer than the bottle kind?

EX:

cigars. Lighters. Coffee makers. Bras. boxers. Art supplies. soaps. Vaccums for houses with dog hair. arthritis medicine. Motorcycles. nail polishes. Roses. gas stations.

you get the idea...

so, what brand of skin softener, hydrate do you like for face, legs and feet?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2012, 06:13 AM   #31
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
I think a lot of folks think that the more they pay the more beneficial the product. Research shows that this is not the case.

Personally I prefer to not put all the nasties, like parabens and sodium laureth sulphate (check out the nasty things it can do...it's in lots and lots of things) in shop bought products I'm going to put on my skin; our largest organ as Belle has already told us.

Since I gave up smoking and drinking alcohol my skin has improved no end proving that it's not just about what you put ON your skin but what you put IN your body too.
Exactly! .....
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2012, 06:15 AM   #32
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Next time I make it to the MAC store, I will pick you up some of their mascara. I have found their waterproof eyeliner and Studio Fix powder foundation, don't come off unless you wash it off with soap...Love it..

Zimmeh

Quote:
I have totally abandoned wearing mascara because I have yet to find one that doesn't smudge. I have oily skin, tear up frequently and rub my eyes a lot....so, yea, my fault!

Anybody know of a totally absolutely "I don't care what you do" smudge-proof mascara?

And, on the moisturizer question....I've always found that the Olay products work really well and are not badly priced.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #33
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
wow, your responses has been great! Thank you!

I also would love to know, of those who colour their own hair, which colouring you like best. I found one called Fat Foam that I love! And they give you so much of it! My submissive has long hair down to his rib cage (I just cut it. It was to his waist) and we can colour his hair and mine with the same box! And the coverage on grey is really good! And it takes forever for it to start to dim!

Alrighty, here is one maybe the butches can help me with,or those wonderful femmes who know about tools. I need a good flashlight for the house and one for the car. I am tired of buying the cheap ones and having them die out on me or break.

If possible, maybe we can provide suggestions on where our suggestions can be found?I am not sure of some of the names I heard regarding moisturizers..like Princess Belle's ...where do you get them at?
Miss Tia, here is the link for the moisturizers and day and night creme i use. The problem with ordering this is you have to watch or they will ship you new ones about every 3 months and charge you. You have to call just after a shipment and tell them you don't want anymore. Then reorder when you need them and do the same.

BUTtttttttttttt, i've tried all sorts of face products and this one is wonderful. It even has neck and chest tightening creme and i really truly think they are amazing. Let me know if you decide to go for it. Would love to see what you think.

The kit comes with the following...

Your Kit Includes:

1 - 2.0 fl oz Skin Softening Cleanser
1 - 0.5 fl oz Antioxidant Day Crème
1 - 0.5 fl oz Anti-Aging Night Crème
1 - 0.25 fl oz Lifting Eye Crème
1 - 0.5 fl oz Firming Chest & Neck Crème

Plus, 3 Free Bonuses:

1 - 0.75 fl oz Deep Cleansing Masque
1 - 0.17 fl oz Glowing Serum
1 - 7 caps Wrinkle Smoothing Capsules

http://www.meaningfulbeauty.com/index.php

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2014, 11:42 AM   #34
Gaige

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Thanked 3,756 Times in 1,171 Posts
Gaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST Reputation

I’m seriously considering an adjustable bed. All this time I’ve been thinking they would look like hospital beds but they have bases that look like any other frame/headboard/footboard. Reclining in bed would be awesome. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should purchase. I'm going with a double size. Need that extra room for my pups. I've been researching and it seems that for a mattress, the Talalay process blended latex is the way to go. I've read that you sink deep into a memory foam but with blended latex you get the comfort without being swallowed by your mattress. I guess what I really need are suggestions on bases although my mattress choice could be swayed with positive feedback/experiences. Looking for comfort, long lasting. Thanks for any info you can supply.
Gaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 01:37 PM   #35
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaige View Post
I’m seriously considering an adjustable bed. All this time I’ve been thinking they would look like hospital beds but they have bases that look like any other frame/headboard/footboard. Reclining in bed would be awesome. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should purchase. I'm going with a double size. Need that extra room for my pups. I've been researching and it seems that for a mattress, the Talalay process blended latex is the way to go. I've read that you sink deep into a memory foam but with blended latex you get the comfort without being swallowed by your mattress. I guess what I really need are suggestions on bases although my mattress choice could be swayed with positive feedback/experiences. Looking for comfort, long lasting. Thanks for any info you can supply.
Hey Gaige,
Have you seen the new temperpedic reclining beds? Go check them out locally in stores. Try that and see what you think. I'm not a big fan of sinking into any mattress as it gives me tons of problems with my lower back and legs. I need a mattress that isn't firm and isn't too soft, just in between. I'd suggest trying out your local mattress dealers.
Just my .02