Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 09-09-2011, 06:43 PM   #41
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
We get crisp, cold air here in the winter; I'm a little worried about it being an obstacle for me.....hurting my sinuses. My wife and I talked about getting a face mask; I don't really care to wear such a thing, but I don't want excuses for not getting out there either.

Today was pretty challenging for me. I managed to do 38 minutes total and 27 minutes of jogging, but I felt fatigued from the get-go.......mainly in my quads. They felt weak and tired.

I did extra stretching after and plan to do more this evening. I hope to feel much more fresh in the morning.
I'm not a runner but a cyclist and I find these...
https://www.buffwear.co.uk/catalogue/index.php/cPath/52
...help when it's cold and/or windy.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:57 PM   #42
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

I have flat feet...very flat feet....like Barney Rubble kind of flat....and I have been wearing Asics every day, but am finding that they feel very hard when I run in them; it's like they have no cushioning whatsoever or something; I can't put my finger on it.

I am going to head to Gary Gribble's and have them fit me for the best running show for my Rubble feet. I just hope they don't cost a gazillion dollars!
Old 09-10-2011, 10:08 AM   #43
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

great idea, G! the guys at my local running store will have you walk barefoot while they observe your stride and walking patterns, then they find the shoe that will work best for you. i am in desperate need of new sneakers but spent a small fortune on a pair of barefoot runners last year and need to save some cash for something different (they just aren't for me.)

i started running while going through my divorce as a way to cope with the incredible stress i was feeling. never thought i would fall in love with it the way i did. now i run occasionally but am dedicated to starting back on a regular basis here once the weather cools down a little bit.

i am the opposite of JAGG. i love to run when it's COLD out! starting off in layers that i can shed as i warm up. by the time i'm done i've usually stripped down to a sports bra and my running shorts and the cold air feels sooooo good on my body. running in the heat just makes me grouchy.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #44
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

*Subscribing*
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:01 AM   #45
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

I've got 9 consecutive days under my belt (shootin' for 30) and 12 out of 13 total.

Today I did 33 minutes of jogging, but this time I did it in only two jog "sessions"......first one was 18 minutes and the second was 15 minutes (3-minute walk time in between).

I think in another couple of weeks, I might be able to do 25 consecutive minutes. When I can do 30........ .......well, I just might cry.

Here's to healthy hearts!!
Old 09-13-2011, 12:11 PM   #46
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday I went on my route through the neighborhood, walking the dogs for the first time just around the block, then by the house to drop them in the yard, then I started in running one minute, walking one minute instead of doing the north/south and east/west rotation I was doing.

I found that I would be able to run longer than one minute, and would up it to 2 minutes, and even once at three minutes....trying to push myself a little bit harder than I have been doing. I was staying comfortable before. I saw a post on someone's page yesterday that said if you don't get out of your comfort zone once in a while, you will not be as successful when it comes to growing. I applied that to my running; as God knows I have pushed myself to well beyond anything comfortable in my every day life..lol

So, it felt great to push my usual limits. I am setting my goal at October 1st to be able to run my whole route one time with no walking in between. I go around the route twice and that equals 2 miles, so if I run a mile by October 1st, I will be very happy and will strive for another goal at that time.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #47
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_G View Post
Yesterday I went on my route through the neighborhood, walking the dogs for the first time just around the block, then by the house to drop them in the yard, then I started in running one minute, walking one minute instead of doing the north/south and east/west rotation I was doing.

I found that I would be able to run longer than one minute, and would up it to 2 minutes, and even once at three minutes....trying to push myself a little bit harder than I have been doing. I was staying comfortable before. I saw a post on someone's page yesterday that said if you don't get out of your comfort zone once in a while, you will not be as successful when it comes to growing. I applied that to my running; as God knows I have pushed myself to well beyond anything comfortable in my every day life..lol

So, it felt great to push my usual limits. I am setting my goal at October 1st to be able to run my whole route one time with no walking in between. I go around the route twice and that equals 2 miles, so if I run a mile by October 1st, I will be very happy and will strive for another goal at that time.
Sounds like a good plan, G!

One thing I am discovering is that the first 3-4 minutes SUCK for me. Once I get to about the 6-minute mark, it feels kind of easy.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #48
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

I've been working on finding my rhythm so my heart rate stays between 110-120 bpm. Based on what I'm reading, that is the target for me for fat burning/weight loss.

I've had to slow it WAY down....about 2 clicks shy of jogging in place.

When it gets cold out, we'll be using the gym down the street; I imagine it will be *much* easier to maintain that on the treadmill (even though I have a mental block with machines for exercise).

So that's where I am right now....still figuring this stuff out for myself.

I started this on September 1; I have done 21 out of 22 days and 18 consecutive days of cardio. That's quite an accomplishment for me!
Old 09-23-2011, 01:13 PM   #49
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

I think I may have turned some sort of joggers' corner.

This morning I was waiting for my wife and her mother to arrive, so it changed up my whole routine.

When they left the house, I was left thinking about getting my cardio in and wondering what amount of divine intervention it was going to take to get me going. My past would tell you that it doesn't take much of a change in my routine to get me to easily talk myself into skipping.

Out of the blue......seriously.......I felt eager to get out the door and start jogging. It was like some Jack LaLanne spirit took over my whole body.....and out the door I went actually *loving* the idea of getting a jog in.

That's so weird for me.

I hope it sticks.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:32 PM   #50
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I think I may have turned some sort of joggers' corner.

This morning I was waiting for my wife and her mother to arrive, so it changed up my whole routine.

When they left the house, I was left thinking about getting my cardio in and wondering what amount of divine intervention it was going to take to get me going. My past would tell you that it doesn't take much of a change in my routine to get me to easily talk myself into skipping.

Out of the blue......seriously.......I felt eager to get out the door and start jogging. It was like some Jack LaLanne spirit took over my whole body.....and out the door I went actually *loving* the idea of getting a jog in.

That's so weird for me.

I hope it sticks.
Awesome! Sounds like your caught a good case of "joggers fever." This is how my dislike for jogging turned into a love...the rush is wonderful.
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2011, 10:15 PM   #51
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

We are going to have temps in the high 60's to low 70's the next few days, so I am anxious to hit the dirt! Wish me luck
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #52
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

I have stumbled upon a method to improve your speed and distance at the same time, with out any extra training. First you must begin your run in darkness am or pm as long as its dark. Then you should plan your route to include an unknown prime hiding spot for racoons. I tend to favor the ones with rabies or babies. When they come bounding out of nowhere and begin to chase you ,for what seems like 2 miles, (ok maybe it was 20 ft) not only will it cause you to sprint like Marion Jones, thus improving your run time, it will also motivate you to choose an alternate return route, lengthening your normal run distance. I look forward to sharing more tips in the future.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #53
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
I have stumbled upon a method to improve your speed and distance at the same time, with out any extra training. First you must begin your run in darkness am or pm as long as its dark. Then you should plan your route to include an unknown prime hiding spot for racoons. I tend to favor the ones with rabies or babies. When they come bounding out of nowhere and begin to chase you ,for what seems like 2 miles, (ok maybe it was 20 ft) not only will it cause you to sprint like Marion Jones, thus improving your run time, it will also motivate you to choose an alternate return route, lengthening your normal run distance. I look forward to sharing more tips in the future.
Ha!

We never know in what manner lessons will be learned!!
Old 10-10-2011, 12:29 PM   #54
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I've just started week 7 of 9 (C25k program).

I'm up to running 22minutes, with no walking intervals.

I "should" be at 25minutes (all 3 of my runs this week are 25min, no walk) but I'm not quite there yet.

22minutes is a challenge for me. But I'm just going to keep running and if I only increase to 23minutes this week I'll will be patient with myself.

I started on the treadmill last week; I was able to set and keep my pace, my breathing was easier and more consistent and I had less joint/muscle pain as I ran... but I can see how it could get boring. We've had a beautiful weekend so I took my runs outside this weekend.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #55
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Ha!

We never know in what manner lessons will be learned!!
Oh great now you tell me! They say when the student is ready the teacher will appear. Haha think someone omitted the , out of thin air RUN FOR YOUR LIFE part. Ha
Old 10-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #56
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I ran 25minutes yesterday!

I was so proud - I nearly cheered myself on the treadmill.

I've been trying for over a week to break 20-22minutes (I know it seems such a small increment, but my god its been a challenge).

I'm definitely finding it easier to extend my endurance on the treadmill.
My breathing is consistent and not as hard and I'm able to maintain my pace; both things I struggle with when I'm running on the bike path.

After finishing yesterday I thought "I can run" - for the first time since I started this program in August.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:06 AM   #57
Miss July

How Do You Identify?:
Bitchy, Self Sufficient, High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mizz (Bitch)
Relationship Status:
Not LOOKING

Miss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up On the road to recovery............

I'm a runner here, just recovering from a broken ankle.
I was able to start running again after nearly 5 months of healing & rehabing.
I'm working back up to 5 miles a day..................I am currently, barely loggin 2 miles a day.
I just signed up to run Disney in January, I figured that would be a good goal to get me back on track.

Keep on runnin & walkin!

I Am A Bitch, But I Ain't Yo Bitch

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u.../ny/ny1303.gif
Miss July is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss July For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2011, 05:52 PM   #58
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,638 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default jogging - running thread

friend told me about this thread, glad I found it. am up to 5mi at this point.

subscribing

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2011, 06:32 AM   #59
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
I ran 25minutes yesterday!

I was so proud - I nearly cheered myself on the treadmill.

I've been trying for over a week to break 20-22minutes (I know it seems such a small increment, but my god its been a challenge).

I'm definitely finding it easier to extend my endurance on the treadmill.
My breathing is consistent and not as hard and I'm able to maintain my pace; both things I struggle with when I'm running on the bike path.

After finishing yesterday I thought "I can run" - for the first time since I started this program in August.
I can't recall if I rep'd you for this or not. Just in case, I want to make sure you know I think it is such an amazing accomplishment!!! I especially love that feeling of pride associated with it. I totally get that!

Keep up the good work, Sparkle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss July View Post
I'm a runner here, just recovering from a broken ankle.
I was able to start running again after nearly 5 months of healing & rehabing.
I'm working back up to 5 miles a day..................I am currently, barely loggin 2 miles a day.
I just signed up to run Disney in January, I figured that would be a good goal to get me back on track.

Keep on runnin & walkin!
Good luck with the January run, Miss July!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greco View Post
friend told me about this thread, glad I found it. am up to 5mi at this point.

subscribing

Greco
Welcome, Greco! Five miles is amazing, and I hope to be able to say the same some day!!

I set myself back on cardio when we went on vacation and then came back sick. I'm still on the mend from whatever-the-hell that bug was/is, but I am completely committed to gettin' back after it once the congestion clears!

Today I'm going to start up again with mild stretching and low numbers of pushups and situps.......just to get my body used to the activity again. I don't want to do too much for fear of some sort of relapse.

But, like I said, I still feel good and focused. *two thumbs up*
Old 10-22-2011, 04:04 PM   #60
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,638 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default running

Thanks Thinker for the welcome. Congrats to everyone here for getting out and doing it. When I first began on the treadmill I could only walk at 3.5 level 1 for 10 mins. The green smoothies, and juicing has certainly been a HUGE part of my improvement and progress.

Doing something everyday is what I keep my mind, and body on.

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote