Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 12-17-2009, 06:20 PM   #1
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mirrors

This thread is not my idea but I think it's an utterly fabulous and necessary idea to bring to fruition. Besides, I threatened Arwen publicly with starting it if she didn't. So here we all are.

I took the liberty of putting it here where I thought everyone...butch, femme, androgynous, two spirited, TG, FTM, MTF and every other color of our community rainbow would feel supported and welcome to post.

Here's a snip from the post that started this concept:

Arwen:

I keep thinking about starting a thread called Mirrors. In it, you could only look in the mirror for someone else and post what you saw about them that was positive.

It would be a positive thread and you couldn't deny what was said about you. Only say thanks and accept it.

We all need lessons in learning how to believe in the hype others tell us about ourselves.

I fully believe that Arwen is right and I believe in my femme sister. Please respect her idea and keep the concept pure. No negativity, whether aimed inward or outward. It's not welcome here.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:26 PM   #2
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default I'll begin....

To Arwen, my femme sister:

You radiate kindess from the inside out, like rays of sunshine.

Your laugh makes me want to laugh, even when I'm feeling grumpy.

Your hugs are the stuff that dreams are made of.

I love and covet your wild, beautiful hair.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2009, 07:02 PM   #3
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
To Arwen, my femme sister:

You radiate kindess from the inside out, like rays of sunshine.

Your laugh makes me want to laugh, even when I'm feeling grumpy.

Your hugs are the stuff that dreams are made of.

I love and covet your wild, beautiful hair.

I second what you said about Arwen!

Gemme, we dont know each other well but I feel that you radiate kindness, compassion, and a super-spicy personality. I love your wit, intelligence, and think that you are incredibly charming.

AND
AND
AND

WAY hot.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2009, 07:08 PM   #4
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I second what you said about Arwen!

Gemme, we dont know each other well but I feel that you radiate kindness, compassion, and a super-spicy personality. I love your wit, intelligence, and think that you are incredibly charming.

AND
AND
AND

WAY hot.
Thank you, Medusa.

Super-spicy, huh? I like that!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2009, 07:14 PM   #5
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Medusa,

I find you to be a breath of fresh air. Your love is deep as you are from the south. When I first met you and your other half years ago, you hugged me with such warmth, and conviction. It was a hug like I experienced from my beloved Grandmother, who I just cherish.

When I send you pms asking for you to help me, you answer me with joy. You don't talk down to me, or talk at me, or anything at all. You give me hope, and love. I appreciate that more than you will ever know.

This site you made a home for everyone. All walks of life. Abled and disabled. Thank you.

Love,
Andrew
oxox
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2009, 07:17 PM   #6
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

It's not necessary for someone to respond back in kind (other than a thank you) to someone who has complimented them, but I have great respect for Medusa, so here's what I think of her:

Medusa, I find you brave. I can easily imagine you being the only child willing to go into a dark sewer drain and leading the pack as they begrudgingly follow you, because...really...who wants to be left alone outside of a sewer drain? Starting this site is a prime, grown up example of your bravery.

I've always had a thing for redheads. Maybe it's because my hair gets more auburn in summer, but never quite 'officially' red. Or maybe it's the fire that burns so strongly within redheads that the only way they wouldn't burn up is if it filtered through their hair. Bottle reds too, because not everyone can carry fire on their heads, yanno?

You remind me of Lucille Ball sometimes. That's a very good thing. I think she was brilliant and there are days when you are just as funny as she, if not more so.

As Andrew mentioned, you are kind. You wear your kindness on your sleeve. Your spirit feels a little mom, a little favorite aunt, a little big sister, a little like the class clown, a little favorite teacher, and a whole lot like a good friend. And even though we haven't actually met in person, I do believe that I would be completely comfortable in your presence.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2009, 11:15 PM   #7
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Gemme, I you for starting this thread!

I am going to hold a mirror up for Cara.

Cara, you and I have met at a Femme Swap at a Bash...in Vegas or Dallas ( i am time-challenged).

You have this adorably cute face with the sweetest pair of eyes. You are a woman with curves who really knows how to dress. I liked you when I saw you and am just sorry we don't live near one another.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2009, 12:09 PM   #8
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

I am going to hold a mirror up for Linus.

You are someone I am so very proud to call my brother. I don't use that term lightly ever. It's an important word to me. I want you to know what I see when I look in the mirror at Linus.

A man who is dedicated to being the best teacher he can be.
A man who is dedicated to creating a partnership based on love and respect.
A man who is not afraid to reveal his feelings
A man who knows how to love his friends

You share your journey so openly, Linus. I have no doubt that there are young transfolk alive because of your willingness to share and show the way.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2009, 01:39 PM   #9
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am going to hold a mirror up to Greyson.

Greyson of anyone I have ever met you work the hardest to confront yourself every day. You are fearless at taking inventory. Sometimes too fearless. Sometimes You do not appreciate how deeply kind and caring You are as a human being. You are genuine and real. You are strong and smart. You are a wonderful partner and I am blessed to know You.
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to julieisafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2009, 06:44 PM   #10
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I'm going to hold a mirror up for Diva.

Diva, you are kind and generous to a fault.

You are a hella good cook and even better hostess.

You are a very talented writer (and this goes for Arwen too!).

I am in awe of your crafty skills (the kind with paper, stickers and scissors as well as the cerebral type).

Your home is one of the few places that I've felt completely at ease and at peace.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2009, 11:32 PM   #11
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

I am going to hold a mirror up for PinkieLee.

You are, without a doubt, one of my idols for many reasons. I'll list a few.

Your ability to make someone feel like they are the only person speaking in the room. You put your heart and soul into the art of listening.

Your ability to mock yourself gently and with flair. I'll always remember the Karate Princess pose in the doorway at Diva's.

Your ability to mix and mingle with EVERYONE. You are like this amazing ambassadress (is that a word? Someone get me the DictionaryFemme! ......oh wait...) of all good things in Southern women.

I greatly admire the woman you are and hope to know you better as time goes by.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2009, 12:57 AM   #12
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

hippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputation
Default just peeking in...

i love this thread. thank you for starting it Gemme/Arwen and participating in it everyone. my positive mindset has been getting rusty.

i will hold up a mirror for a pal who, though hy will never wander in here, deserves all the praise for which i can devise words.

to my friend Converse ~

you are one of the kindest people i've ever had the pleasure of knowing, even though i dont have the privilege of knowing you well.

you have adjusted my attitude, listened to my hurts, gently slapped inappropriate thoughts out of my head, reminded me to ask for what i want, been compassionate when i couldn't stop whining, allowed me the dignity of my mistakes without derision, encouraged me to make a fool of myself when it mattered most, bolstered my courage, been a sounding board for my confusion and prevented me from committing the worst of unforgivable crimes: throwing away my unconditional faith in love.

if it's possible to cherish a friend i've never met, then i cherish you. i am thrilled beyond limit to know that karma found you and so you found love.

hippieflowergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hippieflowergirl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2009, 02:08 AM   #13
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
I am going to hold a mirror up for Linus.

You are someone I am so very proud to call my brother. I don't use that term lightly ever. It's an important word to me. I want you to know what I see when I look in the mirror at Linus.

A man who is dedicated to being the best teacher he can be.
A man who is dedicated to creating a partnership based on love and respect.
A man who is not afraid to reveal his feelings
A man who knows how to love his friends

You share your journey so openly, Linus. I have no doubt that there are young transfolk alive because of your willingness to share and show the way.
Thank.. I'm very humbled..

I hold a mirror up for Medusa:

You are far more technically adapt and inclined than you realize. And more importantly, you add the most important ask to technology: a human feeling. You've made a community that is truly open and caring; that isn't an exclusive gated community but one that is welcoming and open to all who walk through the doors.

I hold a mirror up for Andrew:

You are a tall man who stands above others and you show a caring, sensitive side for those who are in pain. You care about others in a way that many refuse to do. You're honest and without pretension about who you are.

I hold up a mirror for Arwen:

You have always been just amazing as a sister. You always have great advice and good Tarot vibes when I need direction.

You share joy and happiness to those around.

Your literary talent and creative ideas are amazing.

Your laughter always brings a smile to may face.

Your sound advice has always helped when it was most needed.

And you were pretty astute in pointing out that my cap wasn't quite reflective of me even before I knew it.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2009, 09:15 AM   #14
Inuus

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single Not Looking

Inuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST Reputation

I just wanted to thank Gemme and Arwen for the concept of this thread its a wonderful idea. Although I dont have a mirror to hold up right at this moment I felt compelled to just say thank you
Old 12-19-2009, 02:45 PM   #15
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I hold a mirror up for The_Lady_Snow. You live your life unapologetically and are not afraid to be you, all of you. You can call me out, wait while I struggle (maybe defensively) but in the end there are no ill feelings and I am better off for it. I appreciate you and all that you contribute to our community.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #16
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
This thread is not my idea but I think it's an utterly fabulous and necessary idea to bring to fruition. Besides, I threatened Arwen publicly with starting it if she didn't. So here we all are.

I took the liberty of putting it here where I thought everyone...butch, femme, androgynous, two spirited, TG, FTM, MTF and every other color of our community rainbow would feel supported and welcome to post.

Here's a snip from the post that started this concept:

Arwen:

I keep thinking about starting a thread called Mirrors. In it, you could only look in the mirror for someone else and post what you saw about them that was positive.

It would be a positive thread and you couldn't deny what was said about you. Only say thanks and accept it.

We all need lessons in learning how to believe in the hype others tell us about ourselves.

I fully believe that Arwen is right and I believe in my femme sister. Please respect her idea and keep the concept pure. No negativity, whether aimed inward or outward. It's not welcome here.
I don't anyone here in RT so my comments are by observation and interpretation.
Andrew, Jr- you are a sweet spirit , Superfemme- you put a smile on my face with your posts-I like sarcastic humor, Wicket - you a genuinely kind, caring person that will contribute a lot to relieving human suffering.
Gemme - you are a trailblazer- Thanks for the Thread.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to friskyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 01:59 PM   #17
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

I am going to hold a mirror up for Gemme.

You have an amazing spirit. It lifts me up when I am down.
You are the best Goodwill shopper I've ever met.
You encourage others simply by being yourself.
You have taught me a lot in the time we've been friends.
I think you are one of the prettiest women I know who doesn't know she's pretty.

And I like your hips too so there!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2009, 06:30 PM   #18
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by friskyfemme View Post
Gemme - you are a trailblazer- Thanks for the Thread.
Thank you, frisky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
I am going to hold a mirror up for Gemme.

You have an amazing spirit. It lifts me up when I am down.
You are the best Goodwill shopper I've ever met.
You encourage others simply by being yourself.
You have taught me a lot in the time we've been friends.
I think you are one of the prettiest women I know who doesn't know she's pretty.

And I like your hips too so there!
Thank you, Arwen.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:40 PM   #19
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I'm going to hold a mirror up for Ryobi.

You are the kindest and most patient guy I've ever known.

You can find joy in almost anything.

You love with all your heart.

You inspire me to want to be a better person.

You're intelligent and have an edge to your wit that I adore.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #20
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am holding up a mirror for Andrew.

You are sweet, encouraging and valuable.

I know it is hard for you to communicate online, but I think you do a great job.

You have taken your lemons and made some kick ass lemonade.

I wish this mirror would reflect to you that you are not less than. You are MORE than. I totally get that feeling of being overwhelmed by the smallest of things and wishing for things to just not be so hard. When you look in the mirror you might notice the hand reaching out to you. Begging you to take those hands and let them pull you to the light rather than putting a black cloth over said mirror and focusing on the dark.

You are welcome. You are valued. You have so much to offer to others in your same situation. When you look in that mirror you will gain strength from others willing to love you in those moments when you feel like you are not lovable.

I love the way you love your min-pin. You feed the birds, care for you neighbors and shine goodness. Your mirror will show you that with every dark side of things there is indeed a blessing that could not shine through had the darkness not floated around for a while before the strong light shone through.

SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post: