Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 12-22-2009, 08:41 AM   #21
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Thank you Superfemme. You did not have to do this.

Love,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2009, 08:46 AM   #22
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

This thread truly makes me smile at the love and admiration we have for our friends. Sometimes when we feel beaten and bruised, we tend to forget all the positive that we bring to others. THANK YOU all for holding up the mirror.

I would like to hold up a mirror for PixieStars...

Oh my sweet Pixie, you have an playful spirit and carefree energy that lights up a room the minute you walk in.

You see the goodness and beauty in your femme sisters and just have a way of making us smile at a simple "Hey gorgeous".

You have a zest for life ~ always open and wanting to live & learn about everything & everyone.

You are a beautiful woman, with heart of gold, that loves with all you are.
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2009, 09:22 AM   #23
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

I would like to hold up a mirror for Just_G

G, my friend, you have a smile & laugh that comes from your soul ~ simple, pure, true & infectious!

You have a kind & giving nature that puts people at ease and helps them remember all that is positive in their life.

You love your family & friends unconditionally and without reservations. Your heart is so full of love & happiness that you brighten our lives.... each and everyday.

You inspire me to be a better person & friend with your endless encouragement, support & love.

Not to mention, you are hella eye candy
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2009, 11:08 AM   #24
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

I hold up a mirror for PinkieLee Cougarette

You are an amazing person, and you light an eternal loving flame in each life you enter.

You are radiant, gorgeous, classy, and sweet and do it all with ease.

You are the favored disco ball needed to shine every event!

I love you girl and am so glad/grateful that I am able to say I know you!

I hold up a mirror for Weatherboi

Sweetheart you are truly fabulous. A gorgeous person inside and out. Your intentions and actions are pure hearted to the bone and you make anyone you talk to feel important and special.

You are strong, and caring, and very intelligent. You teach with out belittling, you listen with out judging, and care without pitying.

You love are the mvp in any community you are in. You are irreplaceable and have a glowing presence. I am lucky to call you my friend!

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pixie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2009, 08:13 AM   #25
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

hippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputation

i hold up a mirror for The Femme Triumvirate: Bit, Arwen and Gemme who inspire any baby steps toward bravery that i am ever able to make. your splendid gloriosity makes it possible for me to twinkle like a little star.

i hold up a mirror for Violane, Fairy Crow Shaman. your words and your calling powers are mystical and beautiful and true. i believe in magic because you are yourself.

i hold up a mirror for every one of you who speaks their truth, using words that are personally meaningful and calling on experiences that i could never know entirely even if i stood side by side with you while your story unfolded, regardless of naysaying and derision. i honor you for every hard won realization and stumbling step toward personal enlightenment and i pray to all that is wise i may follow in your footsteps and never ever ever take for granted the work of those who learned the harsh beauty of life before i did.
hippieflowergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to hippieflowergirl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2009, 10:28 AM   #26
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

Ok, totally cool concept

I'll be back later...with the Mirror

Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daywalker For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2009, 06:15 PM   #27
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippieflowergirl View Post
i hold up a mirror for The Femme Triumvirate: Bit, Arwen and Gemme who inspire any baby steps toward bravery that i am ever able to make. your splendid gloriosity makes it possible for me to twinkle like a little star.

Who knew that I was part of a Femme Triumvirate? I like it!

Now, we'll have to get matching costumes or, at the very least, matching tiaras. Okay, maybe color-coordinated outfits. Yes?

Hippie, you ARE brave and a little star! Thank you for your kind words.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2009, 06:24 PM   #28
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

I am holding a mirror up for Dean:

He not only has made me laugh and goes along in the fluff threads but one particular post tonight really made me stop and think, he puts posts together and does it with his true feelings with valid reasonings behind the posts as well.

He has bigger balls than I ever will.
NotAnAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NotAnAverageGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2009, 07:01 PM   #29
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I am holding up a mirror for Violane. I met her online many years ago. We both struggled to communicate online, but somehow we managed. And today we are such good friends. Our love for our animals just binds us. We can talk for hours and hours about our kids. She is a joy to be around, and so smart. Growing up, I would get on my knees and pray for a sister, and I didn't get one then. But I got one years later in Violane. I thank God for her each and every day.

Love,
Andrew
oxox
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 10:26 PM   #30
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

hippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputation

i'm holding up a mirror for canmarielan for starting the 'biggest loser' thread and being an inspiration to me.

i'm holding up a mirror for lieslkate for having the ovaries to not let a rude and abusive asshat ruin her outlook.

i'm holding up a mirror for my little gemmie-pooh because she needs to look at herself more often and to appreciate what she sees.

i'm holding up a mirror for diva because she rocks my world in general.

i'm holding up a mirror for arwen because i re-read a bunch o'posts she wrote in a very divisive thread a while back and had to smile over the way she gently and oh so daintily slapped someone down for refusing accountability.

i'm holding up a mirror for jack and medusa and linus because this place is still afloat after all the techno-geekery that went on last weekend. i dont really understand how it all works but then, i'm just the decorative sort.

i'm holding up a mirror for my secret BFP crush because i like to watch her stomping through the threads kicking ass and taking names. my spine gets an inch or so longer every time i read something she wrote. (thanx to her i'm almost 8 feet tall)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hippieflowergirl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 10:47 PM   #31
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
I am going to hold a mirror up to Greyson.

Greyson of anyone I have ever met you work the hardest to confront yourself every day. You are fearless at taking inventory. Sometimes too fearless. Sometimes You do not appreciate how deeply kind and caring You are as a human being. You are genuine and real. You are strong and smart. You are a wonderful partner and I am blessed to know You.

Greyson is one of the most gracious guys I've ever had the pleasure of exchanging with—even briefly. He has a class about him that isn't acquired, but natural in his throughtfulness of others. I've noticed this. My regret is that we haven't exchanged more.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2010, 12:21 AM   #32
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippieflowergirl View Post

i'm holding up a mirror for my little gemmie-pooh because she needs to look at herself more often and to appreciate what she sees.

Thank you, Kathlene.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2010, 01:59 AM   #33
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

Thank you, Kathlene.

t'aint nuthin but the truth G
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hippieflowergirl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2010, 12:25 PM   #34
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Plato held a mirror over my mouth this morning to see if it would fog up.

I licked it.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2010, 12:35 PM   #35
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

Im holding up a mirror for Bit-

Cath you are intelligent and articulate. You are beautiful and creative. Your warmth radiates from your words. Your dedication to helping others find resources to help them grow has been a community building pillar that has helped countless people evolve and feel connected, supported, and SEEN. Your humor is a compassionate one. Your giggle is infectious. You have an integrity that can be relied on.

You are loved.
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to PearlsNLace For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2010, 12:35 PM   #36
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I should probably get a disco ball. I have that many mirrors to hold up.

Fierce Femmes.

Gender Warriors.

Butches. Butches. All and every flavor.

Contrarians.

Thinkers.

Knowledge Seekers.

Knowledge Sharers.

You make my fat bottom go round.

SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 05:50 PM   #37
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

[QUOTE=hippieflowergirl;27110]
i hold up a mirror for Violane, Fairy Crow Shaman. your words and your calling powers are mystical and beautiful and true. i believe in magic because you are yourself.

wow- thank you so kindly! i would have missed this if not for someone letting me know earlier tonight- i appreciate your taking a moment to think of me-

I am holding up a mirror for Violane. I met her online many years ago. We both struggled to communicate online, but somehow we managed. And today we are such good friends. Our love for our animals just binds us. We can talk for hours and hours about our kids. She is a joy to be around, and so smart. Growing up, I would get on my knees and pray for a sister, and I didn't get one then. But I got one years later in Violane. I thank God for her each and every day.

Love,
Andrew
oxox

you too! oh my goodness- such sweetness, andrew! xo it's true, we did not go over famously back then, & may not still at times- well, you're an easy "brother" to be around, and thank you for all the love you freely share with animal-friends!

xo
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 05:53 PM   #38
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Ditto on Violaine.
She's always been very kind to me.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 05:59 PM   #39
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

{{{{{{{{{{{{Kathlene, Misha}}}}}}}}}}} Thank you both so very much! I don't know what made me come and read this thread but I'm so glad I did!

I hold a mirror up for both of you---you also are articulate and intelligent, and highly thoughtful! Each in your own way, you also build community here. I'm so glad you're in my life!
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2010, 07:30 PM   #40
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

i'm holding up a mirror for any and all BFPlanteers i've offended, pissed off, wronged, skeeved, slighted, annoyed, hurt, mystified, and/or otherwise maligned.

thank you for being honest about the way my words and/or actions make/made you feel. i like it when people are straight with me in an honest and non-humiliating way. i know it's not easy to sit with the discomfort that discussions about hurt feelings and offensive words generate. i appreciate the effort it takes to have such conversations. looking back over the last 10 years gives me comfort because i've had to be smacked upside the head less and less, thank the Universe. i feel some of those smacks keenly still, but i know they were appropriate to the circumstances at the time and i'm glad i remember them if for no other reason than they sometimes make me hesitate before i engage in my own special brand of asshatery.

thank you to those who mentor me through my attempts to embrace my humanity, for witnessing my struggle to be less of a jerk and acknowledging same, and for being gentle with me while i flounder around like an idiot trying to avoid the unavoidable journey.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hippieflowergirl For This Useful Post: