Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Parenting

Parenting This area is for discussing parenting, adoption and anything related to raising our kids!

Old 12-01-2014, 08:14 AM   #1
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
her poison apple
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
xoxo

Thanked 21,395 Times in 6,740 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Helpful Tips on Raising a Happy Child

It's not easy raising a healthy, happy, child. I would like to devote this thread to parents that are in the process of trying to do this. Please share your thoughts, experience, helpful tips and ideas here. It takes a village! Please share, thank you
kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2014, 08:17 AM   #2
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
her poison apple
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
xoxo

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Edwin The Duck-Adorable Cuteness thats Useful!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2014, 08:42 AM   #3
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,785 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

in the midst of so much madness, knowing your child is free to discuss ANYTHING with you is integral.

no matter the topic, no matter the hour, no matter the day.

try never to relay your own predisposed prejudices or fears into her/him.
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2014, 09:02 AM   #4
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Firm and loving limits and boundaries are very critical. Kids really do crave limits. I am not talking about being an inflexible (based on situation) rigid, disciplinarian; but clearly letting kids know what is acceptable and what is not.

Family dinners, to the best of your ability, are also very important.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2014, 09:38 AM   #5
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
her poison apple
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
xoxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Firm and loving limits and boundaries are very critical. Kids really do crave limits. I am not talking about being an inflexible (based on situation) rigid, disciplinarian; but clearly letting kids know what is acceptable and what is not.

Family dinners, to the best of your ability, are also very important.
Family dinners, Family night, should be positive supportive safe places for children to express themselves, learn manners, sharing a greater sense of belonging and fitting in. Home should be a welcome haven from the outside world.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2014, 09:40 AM   #6
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Setting clear limits, letting them know what is expected of them as part of the family, and loving them in spite of themselves.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2014, 09:51 AM   #7
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,125 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

~~~ ^ 5 my sisters and butch bros. ~~~ I am enjoying seeing how much love and understanding there is right here in the Planet ~~ threw the years I didn't have any femme friends w/ children ~ I always got that invitation for adults only for a Sunday afternoon pool party ~ I never would attend because Sundays was family day and still is ~~ ~ ty for respecting our familys