Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 03-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #201
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He preferredably :)
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Thanked 2,267 Times in 510 Posts
RNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
Well artificial bait is tricky. Depends on what type of fish you want what time of year and what time of day it is. Grasshoppers are good bait. I love vienna sausages too, not sure why but I have a lot of luck with those. Croppy and catfish love them. Maybe the smell who knows.
I'll try vienna sausages . For catfish bait I am a huge fan of wheeties cereal and make wheetie balls and dip them in chicken liver blood . Thanks for the vienna sausage tip buddy
RNguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RNguy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #202
RNgirl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Girly
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hys girl
Relationship Status:
:) hys girl and VERY HAPPY

RNgirl Has the BEST ReputationRNgirl Has the BEST ReputationRNgirl Has the BEST ReputationRNgirl Has the BEST ReputationRNgirl Has the BEST ReputationRNgirl Has the BEST ReputationRNgirl Has the BEST ReputationRNgirl Has the BEST ReputationRNgirl Has the BEST ReputationRNgirl Has the BEST ReputationRNgirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNguy View Post
I'll try vienna sausages . For catfish bait I am a huge fan of wheeties cereal and make wheetie balls and dip them in chicken liver blood . Thanks for the vienna sausage tip buddy

Dipped in chicken liver blood? ??
RNgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RNgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #203
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

RNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST Reputation

[quote=RNguy;543917]I'll try vienna sausages . For catfish bait I am a huge fan of wheeties cereal and make wheetie balls and dip them in chicken liver blood . Thanks for the vienna sausage tip

Last edited by RNguy; 03-09-2012 at 03:22 PM. Reason: oops
Old 03-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #204
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNgirl View Post
Dipped in chicken liver blood? ??
Oops I meant to put that on your response . Wait till I make you bait them baby
Old 03-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #205
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #206
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Well artificial bait is tricky. Depends on what type of fish you want what time of year and what time of day it is. Grasshoppers are good bait. I love vienna sausages too, not sure why but I have a lot of luck with those. Croppy and catfish love them. Maybe the smell who knows.

thats all i use is artificial stuffs

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #207
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
I will fish anywhere, anytime and if I can't get them on a pole I'll even go in after them with a snorkel! I have a few kayaks and prefer them for fishing over my canoe. I can really get into tight places, under over-hanging trees and I love just being out on the lake. My kayaks are ocean kayaks and great in surf as well.

I hope I have time this year. I want to open produce stands and hopefully can steal a few hours a week to drop a line.
There is a town in va called narrows and it has some killer spots to fish in and kayak too !!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RNguy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #208
RNgirl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Girly
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hys girl
Relationship Status:
:) hys girl and VERY HAPPY

RNgirl Has the BEST ReputationRNgirl Has the BEST ReputationRNgirl Has the BEST ReputationRNgirl Has the BEST ReputationRNgirl Has the BEST ReputationRNgirl Has the BEST ReputationRNgirl Has the BEST ReputationRNgirl Has the BEST ReputationRNgirl Has the BEST ReputationRNgirl Has the BEST ReputationRNgirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Oops I meant to put that on your response . Wait till I make you bait them baby
I am not skeered lol Do you forget I get the blood and guts then send them to your unit to monitor and finish fixing up?? XOXO
RNgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RNgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2012, 04:51 AM   #209
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNgirl View Post
I am not skeered lol Do you forget I get the blood and guts then send them to your unit to monitor and finish fixing up?? XOXO
Hahaha yes you do Mrs ER nurse I'm very proud of you however .... You guys hurry up and dump them off on MY trauma unit before they crash I'm kidding . I'm very proud of you and you are a wonderful nurse . Papi lucked out I must say . I'm looking forward to taking you fishing with me and getting away from our busy stressful jobs . It's going to be hard to concentrate on those bass with you fishing beside me , sexy RNgirl
The Following User Says Thank You to RNguy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2012, 06:01 AM   #210
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Talking

morning all you fishy peeples.. hehe

been enjoying the stories ... and tips and such..

i carry my fishing stuff with me in the truck... i have learned over the years on using different types of lures /jigs / plastic worms /spinners and such.
Jagg .. grasshopers is a great bait.... used them before too.

i have 2 new lures i been dieing to try... but hadnt had the chance yet.

had to giggle at RNurse's comment on the chicken blood.. lol .. is kinda gross huh?? them catfish like them gross baits .. and the stinker the better.

i love catfish... hate to clean them.... i bass fish more, and im more of a catch and release kinda girl

Old 03-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #211
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I got this idea from feeding some turtles in a pond one day on a picnic with my niece. So good luck with it. I usually cut the little sausages length wise once then in half once so I have 4 equal peices and put them on a hook, I do use a bobber like wolfy does and a few weights to sink my line , because catfish like to hide low so the farther down in the water the better off you are. Kind of stick close to the shore line too .
Old 03-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #212
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
I prefer worms to artificial as have rarely caught anything with artificial bait. They use shrimp here in the ocean and bay so I will give that a try.
I used to have trouble with artificial bait too, until I went fishing with some buddies at work who are serious fisherman, they taught me alot.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #213
Melissa

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married

Melissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I used to have trouble with artificial bait too, until I went fishing with some buddies at work who are serious fisherman, they taught me alot.
Are there any types or brands they prefer? Can you pass some of those tips on
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #214
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Question

I enjoy fishing for large mouth bass, and usually use medium-sized shiners...which seem to work pretty well. But is there another type of bait that might work even better?
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #215
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Bumping this thread

I see the last couple of posts had questions
Hoping someone else sees them and can answer

I'm tired and can't bring my brain to think proper right now

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #216
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Gramps and I would fish off the banks of the mighty red river,his favorite bait was chicken livers or hearts,once we ran out so he used some blongna and a couple of nugets of corn in the can.All worked really well,been a long time since I went fishing.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #217
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

*Raising hand*

I'm a Femme who loves to fish.

Jack and I are actually going on a camping/fishing trip next weekend! We fish off of our bass boat and are going to a lake that is rich with white bass, stripers, walleye, brown trout, crappie, and catfish. Yes, there is a little bit of everything on this lake because of its size!

Very excited! I have my own poles and we kinda troll back and forth in the channels that my family has been fishing for as long as I can remember and we always seem to have great luck.

Last year, something hit one of our poles so hard that it snapped 27-pound lead core. That is a BIG ASS FISH.

Needless to say, going to look for Big Bertha next weekend!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #218
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

i was reading Field and Stream at Jiffy Lube today and read that muskie eat ducklings. There are these little duckling lures that people buy to catch muskie. God. i suppose there are many more ducklings than large muskie, but honestly i am not too happy with the Muskellunges.

DUCKLINGS??? Nature is too gross sometimes.

Fished for many years, but only with my dad. I never learned much and still can't clean a fish. I did it just to be outside and hang out with my dad. It's sad that he is too old to go out now. i miss it.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #219
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
*Raising hand*

I'm a Femme who loves to fish.

Jack and I are actually going on a camping/fishing trip next weekend! We fish off of our bass boat and are going to a lake that is rich with white bass, stripers, walleye, brown trout, crappie, and catfish. Yes, there is a little bit of everything on this lake because of its size!

Very excited! I have my own poles and we kinda troll back and forth in the channels that my family has been fishing for as long as I can remember and we always seem to have great luck.

Last year, something hit one of our poles so hard that it snapped 27-pound lead core. That is a BIG ASS FISH.

Needless to say, going to look for Big Bertha next weekend!

Can I just tell you how darn jealous I am of the two of you.
I wish you the best of luck catching Big Bertha, though.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
Old 06-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #220
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
i was reading Field and Stream at Jiffy Lube today and read that muskie eat ducklings. There are these little duckling lures that people buy to catch muskie. God. i suppose there are many more ducklings than large muskie, but honestly i am not too happy with the Muskellunges.

DUCKLINGS??? Nature is too gross sometimes.

Fished for many years, but only with my dad. I never learned much and still can't clean a fish. I did it just to be outside and hang out with my dad. It's sad that he is too old to go out now. i miss it.

I'm guessing there are other fish with teeth that do the same thing.
We catch fish and bring them home, so Muskie catch there dinner and eat it right away.
It's part of nature taking care of nature. Like humans, we hunt (ok, some of us don't).