Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
Inked_Trinity

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
BadAss! / Sarcastic Bastard!

Thanked 6,924 Times in 1,817 Posts
Inked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST Reputation
Default IT and MW Chick's Beach Adventures

We have this wonderful kind of hobby where we scour the beaches around our area for unique and unusual items washed up on the beach. Today we were out on the Eastern Shore of Virginia, Atlantic Ocean on one side and the Chesapeake Bay on the other side. The Chick found an old crab pot half buried in the sand today. Also found today were numerous large shells, sea glass and fairly well intact Horseshoe crab shell. We were hoping to find some stay bouys, but no such luck today. The hunt will continue!

Old 06-25-2013, 04:40 AM   #2
midwest chick

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,678 Times in 338 Posts
midwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputation

Now for the work part---bleaching shells first (3 days), hanging and drying sponges (up to a week--might have to 'bake' in oven, drying the driftwood pieces, then prepping those for bleaching....

have to remember to also get the horseshoe and crab shells bleached (ran out)

going to have fun decorating!
midwest chick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to midwest chick For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
Inked_Trinity

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:

Inked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST Reputation

This is one of the pieces of drift wood found the other day, absolutely beautiful! It's been bleached and is now drying. We will be sealing it after it dries completely.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

brings back memories of my brother. he made a few lamps from drift wood. i like remembering him.

i love the adventures! thank you for sharing. IT, you will always be cooli to me lol.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #5
Inked_Trinity

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:

Has anyone worked with very fragile wood? We have a couple of pieces of drift wood we need to preserve. I did some research and found a few different ways. I was hoping to get some input on this please.

On another note...... I was talking to a very informative young man at the Living Museum the other day about sharks teeth. He gave me some good areas to search. So this weekend we will be on the hunt for sharks teeth and Megalodon teeth.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #6
Inked_Trinity

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:

Another trip out to the Eastern Shore today with great results! BUOYS! Two of them to be exact, also some netting, cool ass drift wood and clam shells bigger than my hand!