Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 03-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #181
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone4play View Post
Oh crap ya'll really are talking about fishing in here eh? Oops my bad!! I was thinking this was code for............ errrr ummmm.......... nevermind

Carry on............

You aren't the first person to think that, lol

The name of this thread gets confused with that thread, if you're not paying attention

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2012, 09:56 PM   #182
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Will be learning how to fly fish this year

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #183
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

when I was little I used to fish for crawdads and tadpoles. I always went fishing with my grandpa too. I wouldn't mind finding some buddies to go fishing with!!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #184
Kent

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single

Tournaments Won: 2

Thanked 2,058 Times in 720 Posts
Kent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST Reputation

I'd like to go deep sea fishing and catch a blue marlin. Anyone want to go deep sea fishing?
Old 03-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #185
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He preferredably :)
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Thanked 2,267 Times in 510 Posts
RNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST Reputation
Default FINALLY FISHING

YUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP FISHING IS HERE AND THIS IS MY FAVORITE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heading out mid April for some awesome bass fishing at my buddies lake . I read where cajun said bass like the purple worm and she is right !!!! I catch a ton of bass on purple worms with pink tails . Bass in ponds will bite on mini frogs ( yellow ones
) as well. I live right on the Ohio river so I grew up river fishing which I love to do . I hate catching garr though . Anyone catch those bastards ???? Erie is great fun for some walleye and muskee . I've been marlin fishing s few times now and I'm going this summer in Florida and I'm real excited about it and let me tell you If you like a challenge and a work out then ocean fishing you must do. Wow its not easy to pull any huge ocean fish in . I had a blast ocean fishing . I dont care where im fishing at or even if I catch anything or not , its my favorite thing in the world to do and the most serene thing to do . I'll be excited to read peoples posts here and what they caught !!!!! Anyone know if there is a hunting thread too ? That's my second favorite past time
RNguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RNguy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #186
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

RNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadyke View Post
Will be learning how to fly fish this year
THAT'S AWESOME BUDDY . I'm not huge on fly fishing . It's fun and boy do trout love to bite for the fly fishers. There are some really great streams to fish in west va. theres an art to casting . You will like it thumbs up

Last edited by RNguy; 03-08-2012 at 01:30 PM. Reason: for some reason a wine bottle appeared in this reply ???? wth ??
Old 03-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #187
Melissa

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married

Melissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST Reputation

I prefer lake fishing with a bobber and worm. But since we live on the ocean now I'm going to have to try this. Frankly ocean fishing scares me. I've been planning on trying the bay as it seems easier and the water is calmer, almost flat. Can I use a bobber in a bay?
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Melissa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #188
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
I prefer lake fishing with a bobber and worm. But since we live on the ocean now I'm going to have to try this. Frankly ocean fishing scares me. I've been planning on trying the bay as it seems easier and the water is calmer, almost flat. Can I use a bobber in a bay?

Melissa, I think you can use your bobber anywhere you choose to fish. Being able to see it and keep track of it in some waters is another thing. I personal like bottom fishing, but if I do use a bobber, it will be a slip bobber. I think they are a better choice than the clip on kind. When I bottom fish, I am always watching my line and usually have a finger on it near my reel, so I can feel it anything may hit on my bait. I almost always use worms, but will go to artificial every now and then.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #189
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNguy View Post
YUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP FISHING IS HERE AND THIS IS MY FAVORITE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heading out mid April for some awesome bass fishing at my buddies lake . I read where cajun said bass like the purple worm and she is right !!!! I catch a ton of bass on purple worms with pink tails . Bass in ponds will bite on mini frogs ( yellow ones
) as well. I live right on the Ohio river so I grew up river fishing which I love to do . I hate catching garr though . Anyone catch those bastards ???? Erie is great fun for some walleye and muskee . I've been marlin fishing s few times now and I'm going this summer in Florida and I'm real excited about it and let me tell you If you like a challenge and a work out then ocean fishing you must do. Wow its not easy to pull any huge ocean fish in . I had a blast ocean fishing . I dont care where im fishing at or even if I catch anything or not , its my favorite thing in the world to do and the most serene thing to do . I'll be excited to read peoples posts here and what they caught !!!!! Anyone know if there is a hunting thread too ? That's my second favorite past time
Walleye put up such a good fight, almost as good a fight as carp. Walleye is meaty and great smoked, but also good fried. I have never caught a Gar but saw one floating once in the Mississippi River when I was fishing off a grain barge years ago. I fished the Smokey Mtns once and had a stringer of trout, but got the crap scared out of me when I pulled up the stringer to move and saw the weirdest ugliest thing sucking on the last trout on the stringer. My friends in TN called it a mudpuppy. I was getting up so quickly, I slipped on a couple rocks and wound up in the cold stream. Everyone laughed, but me. Like you, I don't care where I fish as long as I can when I want to. I used to go sit at a spot by the DesPlaines River in IL. It had a little dam and I could fish it above or below. At the time nothing worth eating came from there, but the calmness that came over me as I sat and waited for a bite was wonderful. It made a stressful work day better. No one to talk back to me by the river except nature.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #190
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I will fish anywhere, anytime and if I can't get them on a pole I'll even go in after them with a snorkel! I have a few kayaks and prefer them for fishing over my canoe. I can really get into tight places, under over-hanging trees and I love just being out on the lake. My kayaks are ocean kayaks and great in surf as well.

I hope I have time this year. I want to open produce stands and hopefully can steal a few hours a week to drop a line.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #191
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
I will fish anywhere, anytime and if I can't get them on a pole I'll even go in after them with a snorkel! I have a few kayaks and prefer them for fishing over my canoe. I can really get into tight places, under over-hanging trees and I love just being out on the lake. My kayaks are ocean kayaks and great in surf as well.

I hope I have time this year. I want to open produce stands and hopefully can steal a few hours a week to drop a line.

I have never been in a kayak or canoe
I have always pictured myself tipping over in them

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #192
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
I have never been in a kayak or canoe
I have always pictured myself tipping over in them
the kayaks I have are pretty hard to tip. I won't say never but if you do then you're pretty clumsy or rowdy!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2012, 05:39 PM   #193
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Quote:
Walleye put up such a good fight, almost as good a fight as carp. Walleye is meaty and great smoked, but also good fried. I have never caught a Gar but saw one floating once in the Mississippi River when I was fishing off a grain barge years ago. I fished the Smokey Mtns once and had a stringer of trout, but got the crap scared out of me when I pulled up the stringer to move and saw the weirdest ugliest thing sucking on the last trout on the stringer. My friends in TN called it a mudpuppy. I was getting up so quickly, I slipped on a couple rocks and wound up in the cold stream. Everyone laughed, but me. Like you, I don't care where I fish as long as I can when I want to. I used to go sit at a spot by the DesPlaines River in IL. It had a little dam and I could fish it above or below. At the time nothing worth eating came from there, but the calmness that came over me as I sat and waited for a bite was wonderful. It made a stressful work day better. No one to talk back to me by the river except nature.
I tell ya I get all excited here about fishing and hunting and love this thread the best . I'm real partial to where I'm from for being great for fishin and huntin. A bit more than a year ago I spent a hunk of time in Utah and wow , they have beautiful brown trout there . When I camp yonder around new river gorge , wv I run a trout line and the area is loaded with rainbows. LOL at mudpuppys . Gosh yea those carp and walleye fight ya tooth and nail fun.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #194
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
the kayaks I have are pretty hard to tip. I won't say never but if you do then you're pretty clumsy or rowdy!
Virginia has soooooooo many awesome places to fish
Old 03-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #195
PaPa

How Do You Identify?:
GQ Butch Daddy
Relationship Status:
A Very Protective BIG Daddy...

Thanked 5,873 Times in 1,530 Posts
PaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST Reputation

Haahaa! I debated whether I even wanted to post in here. Y'all are going to think I have plumb lost my mind!! *Chuckles I have no idea the terms or the different types of fishing. I was taught one way by my father who is now 92 years old. I have never cast a line with a casting rod. His are all vintage rods with open wound reels. He always used the same type of hooks (nothing fake) and of course always worms. The catch? Small stream native trout. I am not referring to stocked trout. I am talking lands that are private that have native fish in them and reproduce each year. The bait? Worms that I get from overturning rocks and other objects since we always lived in the woods. Most of them were big ones too. Are they night crawlers? *Shrug Idk, but they are good bait. *Chuckles. My father and I would walk lightly by the stream and stand back far enough so the shadows did not cast onto the water and our step light enough to not cause vibrations. We would pull the hook taut and then let it fly into the water and stay very still and very quiet. Let me tell you learning that technique put quite a few hooks through my fingers. I swear my father had so much patience to put up with my slow learning. LOL! Anyways, we let the waters natural flow take the worm where it would go and then lightly pull it back under the edges near the side of the stream. The fish like to hide in those nooks and crannies of the water and they get tempted by the bait. Some days have always been better than others, but the fish that are caught are definitely hit over the head with a rock. I cannot stand to see them suffer and then they are cleaned as soon as we get home. They are either used immediately or froze. Mom used to always prepare them coated with flour and slowly fried. I honestly don't know what the largest trout was that we ever caught, but I do know state law was that if it weren't 6 inches it had to be released and that is the rule we went by. So....with that said...it has been quite a few years since I have fished. I did a few years back buy another more recent rod and tried it out once. I even bought some of those other fancy things that said they would work. I even heard that sweet corn in the can works as good bait. Ya know what I found? The ways dad taught me were best. They didn't want corn. They wanted worms. The fish didn't even want that stuff the guy at Wal-Mart recommended. So I gave up the rod and stuff in the tackle box I tried to expand with and have returned to the old methods that apparently were tried and true. My father has a lifetime license, but I doubt he will go with me to the stream anymore. But I will be honest I am bitin' at the bit to go out and catch him some fish and bring them home to him.
PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PaPa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #196
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
I agree with wolfy here . You can use a bobber anywhere but the water needs to be some tame . They do make large ocean bobbers . Like wolfy said I keep my finger feeling the line .
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RNguy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #197
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa View Post
Haahaa! I debated whether I even wanted to post in here. Y'all are going to think I have plumb lost my mind!! *Chuckles I have no idea the terms or the different types of fishing. I was taught one way by my father who is now 92 years old. I have never cast a line with a casting rod. His are all vintage rods with open wound reels. He always used the same type of hooks (nothing fake) and of course always worms. The catch? Small stream native trout. I am not referring to stocked trout. I am talking lands that are private that have native fish in them and reproduce each year. The bait? Worms that I get from overturning rocks and other objects since we always lived in the woods. Most of them were big ones too. Are they night crawlers? *Shrug Idk, but they are good bait. *Chuckles. My father and I would walk lightly by the stream and stand back far enough so the shadows did not cast onto the water and our step light enough to not cause vibrations. We would pull the hook taut and then let it fly into the water and stay very still and very quiet. Let me tell you learning that technique put quite a few hooks through my fingers. I swear my father had so much patience to put up with my slow learning. LOL! Anyways, we let the waters natural flow take the worm where it would go and then lightly pull it back under the edges near the side of the stream. The fish like to hide in those nooks and crannies of the water and they get tempted by the bait. Some days have always been better than others, but the fish that are caught are definitely hit over the head with a rock. I cannot stand to see them suffer and then they are cleaned as soon as we get home. They are either used immediately or froze. Mom used to always prepare them coated with flour and slowly fried. I honestly don't know what the largest trout was that we ever caught, but I do know state law was that if it weren't 6 inches it had to be released and that is the rule we went by. So....with that said...it has been quite a few years since I have fished. I did a few years back buy another more recent rod and tried it out once. I even bought some of those other fancy things that said they would work. I even heard that sweet corn in the can works as good bait. Ya know what I found? The ways dad taught me were best. They didn't want corn. They wanted worms. The fish didn't even want that stuff the guy at Wal-Mart recommended. So I gave up the rod and stuff in the tackle box I tried to expand with and have returned to the old methods that apparently were tried and true. My father has a lifetime license, but I doubt he will go with me to the stream anymore. But I will be honest I am bitin' at the bit to go out and catch him some fish and bring them home to him.
I enjoyed this thank you
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RNguy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #198
Melissa

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married

Melissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Melissa, I think you can use your bobber anywhere you choose to fish. Being able to see it and keep track of it in some waters is another thing. I personal like bottom fishing, but if I do use a bobber, it will be a slip bobber. I think they are a better choice than the clip on kind. When I bottom fish, I am always watching my line and usually have a finger on it near my reel, so I can feel it anything may hit on my bait. I almost always use worms, but will go to artificial every now and then.
I prefer worms to artificial as have rarely caught anything with artificial bait. They use shrimp here in the ocean and bay so I will give that a try.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melissa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #199
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Well artificial bait is tricky. Depends on what type of fish you want what time of year and what time of day it is. Grasshoppers are good bait. I love vienna sausages too, not sure why but I have a lot of luck with those. Croppy and catfish love them. Maybe the smell who knows.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #200
Melissa

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
Well artificial bait is tricky. Depends on what type of fish you want what time of year and what time of day it is. Grasshoppers are good bait. I love vienna sausages too, not sure why but I have a lot of luck with those. Croppy and catfish love them. Maybe the smell who knows.
I never thought about vienna sausages. Might have to give that a try too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Melissa For This Useful Post: