Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 08-28-2011, 12:44 PM   #21
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomiczombie View Post
Yeah I don't have the patience to watch all those videos either, although I would like to

ETA: I am a recovering addict/alchoholic. I therefore can't take any of the stimulant meds for my ADD. So I just live with it.

It's been on my list of things to do today, but I haven't gotten to it yet, but I WILL! I did do one thing on the list and finished it though! Lists do help me a great deal.

I realized when I it another tab after watching just a few seconds of the video that ....damn I got it bad ...
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2011, 02:07 PM   #22
EmpressM

How Do You Identify?:
human

EmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST Reputation

I also have the the Inattentive type of ADD without hyperactive symptoms, however I have average energy levels. I was diagnosed as an adult. Turned out that most of the depression I'd suffered throughout my life was a symptom of my ADD. Once I was placed on the right medication and started behavioral therapy, my depression subsided without anti-depressants.

I believe an important thing to mention about medication is that a good doctor will work with you to find the right drug for you. My doctor and I tried out 4 different drugs, which turned me into a zombie. We finally tried Adderol, which helps me stay focused but doesn't take away my "sparkle". I'm a creative type and I'm always working on a painting. The medications I tried before Adderol, took away my ability to think creatively and find inspiration.

Another key piece for me was making lists and setting alarms. My lists have overarching topics with sub-topics to help prevent me from becoming overwhelmed or skipping critical steps. It's easier for me to follow a task through to completion this way. I set the alarms to help me better manage my time and if it's something I really don't want to do, it helps to know that I only have to spend 15 minutes focusing instead of 2 hours and allowing myself to become overwhelmed or distracted. If the task requires long spans of attention, I break it down into chunks and take breaks in-between so I don't become bored or lose focus. I can do anything in 15 minute intervals with 5 minute breaks, but that's just what works for me.
I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people. ~John Lennon
EmpressM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EmpressM For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2011, 04:40 PM   #23
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
Stratterra is the only nonstimulant medication approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of ADHD, not just for children and adolescents, but for adults as well. This is the first medication to receive an FDA indication for treatment of ADHD in adults.

Strattera does not have abuse potential and does not require a special prescription.
I got a message in my reps that Strattera does require a prescription. I wanted to update this to make it clearer (more clear?).

The stimulants used to treat ADHD require a "special" prescription - because they are considered a "controlled" substance. Strattera still requires a prescription, but it's easier to deal with because it's the normal kind of prescription where you can get refills and such without having to go to your doctor's office to pick up a new prescription each time.

I've seen herbal supplements which are supposed to help with adhd, but I haven't explored them for the most part. I did take a break from stimulant medications for about 2 years - and during that time my symptoms did improve when I walked to work and back (3 miles a day), cut out simple carbs, ate mostly organic and meditated regularly. I never thought sugar affected my brain function until I had been on this type of eating plan for a few months - then had some sraight maple syrup. My ADHD symptoms immediately were exacerbated.

However, the stimulant medication still does a better job. Not sure if it will shorten my lifespan. I assume if I develop heart issues at some point, I'll probably be forced to explore non-stimulant options.

I'm hoping to walk to work and back again soon, though I'm waiting for this Texas heat wave to be done. It makes a big difference in my brain function and stress levels.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2011, 04:51 PM   #24
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I got a message in my reps that Strattera does require a prescription. I wanted to update this to make it clearer (more clear?).

The stimulants used to treat ADHD require a "special" prescription - because they are considered a "controlled" substance. Strattera still requires a prescription, but it's easier to deal with because it's the normal kind of prescription where you can get refills and such without having to go to your doctor's office to pick up a new prescription each time.

I've seen herbal supplements which are supposed to help with adhd, but I haven't explored them for the most part. I did take a break from stimulant medications for about 2 years - and during that time my symptoms did improve when I walked to work and back (3 miles a day), cut out simple carbs, ate mostly organic and meditated regularly. I never thought sugar affected my brain function until I had been on this type of eating plan for a few months - then had some sraight maple syrup. My ADHD symptoms immediately were exacerbated.

However, the stimulant medication still does a better job. Not sure if it will shorten my lifespan. I assume if I develop heart issues at some point, I'll probably be forced to explore non-stimulant options.

I'm hoping to walk to work and back again soon, though I'm waiting for this Texas heat wave to be done. It makes a big difference in my brain function and stress levels.
Wellbutrin is an anti-depressant which my psychiatrist said sometimes helps with ADD. I was on it for a bit and I was able to focus better, but it made me super duper anxious (more so than I already am!) so I had to stop it.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2011, 05:14 PM   #25
moxie

How Do You Identify?:
a cynical princess wannabe
Preferred Pronoun?:
lipgloss junkie
Relationship Status:
yep

Thanked 6,770 Times in 1,847 Posts
moxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I am going to piggy back on your post, hope it is okay.

Strattera and Intuniv are the only non-stimulant prescription ADHD meds. Like Nat said, every other one is a stimulant and considered a controlled substance, which means that the refill amount will be zero and you have to get a new prescription every month.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:19 PM   #26
Morgan

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, hy, hym, does not matter
Relationship Status:
I am enjoying life....

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,604 Times in 411 Posts
Morgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST Reputation
Default Adderal addiction

I was diagnosed with ADHD 2 years ago and was prescribed adderal, but the dose was too much and I know from my really early years, the effects of speed. Clenching my teeth, heart racing, so went back to my doctor and asked if I could go on a lower dose, she prescribed a little lower and things seemed great. My life was back on track, I was taking college courses, getting A's, had the perfect job and was able to concentrate on tasks, getting raises and promotions, perfect right? The Adderal finally kicked my butt, I was a friggin speed freak. I do have ADHD and Adderal works, but do I want to live the rest of my life addicted to a drug or is there a way to learn how to concentrate and function without the medication? I don't have to be perfect, but I want to be normal, I don't want my mind wandering, I want to stay on track, I want to have normal conversations with people without acting like I am disinterested in the conversation, and most of all I don't want to cut off people in the middle of a conversation with what is in my own head and not part of the conversation. It is hard to make friends and be around people and have heathy relationships with women, when you appear to be spaced out, dis-interested and most of all rude.......
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Morgan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2011, 05:32 PM   #27
EmpressM

How Do You Identify?:
human

EmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST Reputation

Personally, I didn't have much luck with herbals or Straterra, but that's just me and everyone's body chemistry is different. What works for one doesn't work for another.

I'm with you on the proper diet and exercise. Sugars and simple carbs definitely exacerbate my ADD symptoms. I walk 4 miles everyday, Pilates three times weekly, and also mix in tennis and yoga. I find I'm more clear headed, especially with the exercise, plus the endorphins help elevate my mood!

Quote:

I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people. ~John Lennon
EmpressM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EmpressM For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2011, 05:33 PM   #28
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
I was diagnosed with ADHD 2 years ago and was prescribed adderal, but the dose was too much and I know from my really early years, the effects of speed. Clenching my teeth, heart racing, so went back to my doctor and asked if I could go on a lower dose, she prescribed a little lower and things seemed great. My life was back on track, I was taking college courses, getting A's, had the perfect job and was able to concentrate on tasks, getting raises and promotions, perfect right? The Adderal finally kicked my butt, I was a friggin speed freak. I do have ADHD and Adderal works, but do I want to live the rest of my life addicted to a drug or is there a way to learn how to concentrate and function without the medication? I don't have to be perfect, but I want to be normal, I don't want my mind wandering, I want to stay on track, I want to have normal conversations with people without acting like I am disinterested in the conversation, and most of all I don't want to cut off people in the middle of a conversation with what is in my own head and not part of the conversation. It is hard to make friends and be around people and have heathy relationships with women, when you appear to be spaced out, dis-interested and most of all rude.......
Years ago I decided to stop wanting to be "normal". That is a nebulous concept to begin with and having that as a goal never leads to happiness imho. I changed the wording in my head from normal to functional. Being as functional as I can be is a more realistic goal without the sting of judgment attached to it. However, with my myriad of diagnoses (addict, PTSD, agoraphobia, bipolar, ADD) I still have to keep my expectations more realistic. My unsolicited advice is to drop the word normal from your list of goals.

As for the addiction, all I can say is if you are only taking the amount prescribed and not taking it for reasons other than your ADD, then you are ok. If, however, you are finding yourself fiending for it, tempted to take more or are taking more than prescribed, and/or taking it for other reasons (to party, to deal with stress, etc.) then it is a problem and you should talk to your doctor about it. Above all, be honest with yourself. It sounds like you already are, and that is good. I wish you the best of luck and if you do need to take something else instead of the adderal, I hope that you find something less addicting that works just as well.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2011, 05:55 PM   #29
Morgan

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
I am enjoying life....

Morgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST Reputation

yeah "normal" was a poor choice of words-I am definitely not normal, nor do I want to be normal....., "funcitonal" would be the word I would choose, I just want to function, without drugs....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morgan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2011, 11:32 PM   #30
Morgan

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
I am enjoying life....

Default ADHD

I have not taken any medications for the last 2 mos. and although, I still have symptoms of ADHD, I would rather have the symptoms of ADHD, then the medication in my system. My mind still wanders and I do tend to be somewhat hyper at times, but the effects of the wrong medication, really made my life difficult. I would be curious to find if the Straterra would work for me, the next step for me is to check it out with my Dr.

It helps to know I am not alone and I am glad the support is here.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morgan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2011, 12:38 AM   #31
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

I appreciate this thread and the thorough information and experiences presented here. My neurologist believes I have ADD. I have never been tested nor am I on medication.

Like Nat, I have noticed a big change when sugar is added/taken away from my diet. I also notice that my sleep - the amount and quality - affects my ability to concentrate. Exercise also very much helps focus my mind.

Two things -

1) Some of the greatest minds and most innovative artists would present now as having ADHD or ADD. I talk with my students about this when we cover a section on "learning disabilities" in the introductory college skills course I teach. It's important to remember this.

2) I'm curious about how modern choices affect you. I have resisted getting a droid because of the expense and because I see it as one more tempting distraction. How have you coped in the age of the Internet, 4G, hundreds of cable channels, Facebook, pervasive advertising and so on?
Old 09-26-2011, 01:51 AM   #32
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

I apparently missed this thread the first time it was up, and it's too late for me to be able to contribute much or read much tonight. I was also diagnosed with ADD as an adult. Depression - which is no doubt related to it - has been a part of my life since I can remember. I'm subscribing to the thread, and will come back to look at some of the info you've posted Nat. Thanks for starting the thread.

Sue
Old 09-26-2011, 06:21 AM   #33
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I'm curious to know how many of us are out there. I think it's often a misunderstood thing - with people throwing the terms around who don't understand the definitions and with many denying it's an actual condition. Many people laughingly refer to their own "ADHD" or "ADD" when describing one or two occasional behaviors, but without any real knowledge of what it's like to live within an ADHD/ADD brain. In the past also, it was seen as a condition that went away in adulthood, but there's a growing understanding that the symptoms can morph in adulthood rather than go away. I'm going to post some more info in the following posts, but this is just the *getting this started* post. I'm pretty sure there must be others besides myself who live with this "disorder." I'm hoping you join in and contribute to this thread in whatever way you'd most enjoy.
Remember you hoped for this! ;-) I don't think someone having ADD or ADHD and not knowing, is that big of a deal. Since it really only affects the person who has it. The real problem, that I deal with everyday on our highways, are the ones with Shaken Adult Syndrome!! :-D
Old 10-09-2011, 12:34 AM   #34
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

As far back as I can remember I have had a problem with keeping my consentration and focus on many things,sometimes I totaly lose my train of thought,I also fidget a lot cause its not often I sit still for long...lord knows my mind normaly goes a mile a minit.Both my kids have some for of add,my oldest was way worse than my youngest.When I was growing up there was no diagnoses for it so my doc told mom I was just an over active kid.As I grew up I just found ways to just deal with it,my oldest son took meds for it but after the meds made him a near zombie I slowly took him off it with the docs help.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2011, 01:03 AM   #35
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
Remember you hoped for this! ;-) I don't think someone having ADD or ADHD and not knowing, is that big of a deal. Since it really only affects the person who has it. The real problem, that I deal with everyday on our highways, are the ones with Shaken Adult Syndrome!! :-D
ADHD affects anybody who lives with, loves, works with or in any way counts on the ADHD person. Some of us manage it better than others, but it can be frustrating for those close to us that we have so much trouble staying focused on conversations, on following up, on following through, on completing tasks, on noticing that it's been a long time since we called, on remembering dates, on knowing what day or month it even is. I will have something in my hand and intend to take it one place, then I'll get distracted, put it down somewhere weird and never notice. This happens multiple times a day. I lose my keys regularly. I lock my keys in my car regularly. yadda yadda. It's a pain to be with an adhd person in some ways. It's frustrating when people don't realize it's a real thing, and then they blame it on character flaws and attribute evil intent to absent-minded forgetfulness or differing perspectives and definitions.

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2011, 03:21 AM   #36
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

It is, Nat. I have to leave keys and glasses in a certain spot or I'm lost. I also have to turn the "noise" on things and simplify, whether that means unsubscribing to some e-newsletters or closing some browser windows or telling myself to finish out a task, though the next task is already beckoning me. :-)
SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2013, 01:35 AM   #37
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

I was reminded today of the time thing - how I can get engrossed in life and forget that time has gone by and I haven't reached out and made necessary contact with those I care about. My grandmother sent a message through my mom that she misses me. I used to have a regular habit of going to Austin, spending the evening with a dear friend, sleeping on her floor, getting up the next day and calling my grandmother to volunteer to bring her and my grandfather a surprise lunch. I did this every month or two. Then a year ago, in the aftermath of many changes and the suicide of a mutual young friend, that friendship just burned down entirely. So I stopped this ritual and never replaced it. And so I've only seen my grandparents at family gatherings over the past year. Part of it's just the sheer cost of gas, and maybe a little is how grumpy my now dementia-riddled, bed-ridden grandfather is, but I love them both and yet I have not been there like I intended to be lately.

So I'm making plans to visit them in a few weeks' time.

Otherwise, my biggest challenges right now are mostly dealing with my house and organization and messiness. I'm happily in a job now that works way better for my brain. It's a reminder that sometimes a job that sucks is a job that sucks, and adhd may not be the entire reason you might find yourself miserable. I love my job now - thank goodness and knock on wood. This last year, I've really had to prove myself capable to myself. ADHD or not, I'm a capable person. I may not live a life that makes utter and total sense to people who have a higher degree of executive function, but I get by in my way. I'm really trying a bit harder to see the positives in my life instead of criticizing myself for not being perfect - whatever perfect actually is.

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2014, 04:31 PM   #38
oboejive

How Do You Identify?:
Open lesbian and more femme-ish (although not much for labels) :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lee, she
Relationship Status:
Seeking Friends

oboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputation
Default ADHD

I was diagnosed with ADHD Inattentive Subtype at around the age of 26. I had no clue that my "dazing off" and "being in my own world" could be attributed to such a diagnosis, but I was given a battery of tests (WAIS-IV, memory, impulsivity), and that was the diagnosis I was given. Symptoms have moderated now, but I still drive my partner nuts with my disorganization.
oboejive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oboejive For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2015, 08:52 AM   #39
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

This is a podcast for supporting kids in the classroom, but I found it really pretty cathartic to listen to as an ADHD adult as well as informative.

Link

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2016, 02:16 AM   #40
grenade

How Do You Identify?:
Full Flavor Femme

Thanked 8,062 Times in 2,121 Posts
grenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputation

Combined type. It's actually gotten worse as I get older. My current job is so boring that I have to medicate.
grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grenade For This Useful Post: