Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 02-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #21
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Have you seen her Vogue (I think it's Vogue) pictorial...........they really photo-shopped her.........
edited to add: I think the grammy picture above is photo-shopped
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #22
Mtn

How Do You Identify?:
Stone butch, daddy type
Relationship Status:
sylvie calls me her studmuffin

Thanked 3,834 Times in 617 Posts
Mtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
Have you seen her Vogue (I think it's Vogue) pictorial...........they really photo-shopped her.........
edited to add: I think the grammy picture above is photo-shopped
HUH?.......
Old 02-13-2012, 11:55 PM   #23
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Adele is the cover for Vogue............

here.........what do you think:

https://www.google.com/search?q=adel...w=1138&bih=544
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:20 AM   #24
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I met the most interesting woman today when i went to pick up some clothes she was donating to the TPAPS shop. Wild hair like fire and it reminded me of Medusa, (the greek legend, not just our site owner!) flaming out in stiff red and black vibrant curls all around her beautiful heart shaped face. Her grey eyeliner stroked easily over her soft grey eyes gave them a wolf look, a soothingly calm wildlife look that contrasted with her flaming riot of hair. Her lips were thin and red but stretched wide in embracing smiles to my spirit. Damn it was wonderful to be in her presence and to be gifted with her clothes. And oh what clothes they were! All in red and black and as wild as she is! But sweet and with an inner peace. I am still reeling with her contrasts!

When i got home and went thru her clothes, my hands slid over them and I thanked my goddesses for bringing me to these women, so I can share with them and them with me. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside when i think of her smile flashing at me as I left....I could feel how happy I made her by simply alllowing her to help other women feel good about themselves thru shared clothes. But its not just clothes. Its shared acceptance of our body images.

She is my wild fire medusa...and I just had to share her with you all tonight...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2012, 11:51 PM   #25
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,369 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

It's kinda hard to tell. She doesn't take a lot of full figure photos where you can see the outline of her body, but yes, her waist looks smaller than i would imagine it is.

Here is a fairly recent photo though that i imagine isn't photoshopped. It's not that different from the grammy pic.

Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2012, 11:56 PM   #26
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,369 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

These are yummy. i think she looks better when they allow her to look fleshy.

Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2012, 12:13 AM   #27
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

she is so stunning...I can feel the plumpness in my grasp, and how incredibly sexy that is. I dont see size, I FEEL lust....
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #28
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

I have been asked to present a talk at a brown bag luncheon for professional women, about my new shop opening up! I cant wait to talk to them about the store, and the whole concept of body image and how women emotionally identify with their physical selves, in such a negative way that we often disassociate from our spiritual Selves.

This is hopefully the first talk of many. I am the Fat Girl Ambassador of my little valley.

I am going to have my first auction on my FB site for the shop this Sunday. I am really hoping it goes well. I need the money to buy some racks for the shop.

Can I ask who and what are your favorite lines of clothing? I know Avenue fits me so well...Lane Bryant doesnt do a thing for me.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 05:53 PM   #29
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Tia View Post
I have been asked to present a talk at a brown bag luncheon for professional women, about my new shop opening up! I cant wait to talk to them about the store, and the whole concept of body image and how women emotionally identify with their physical selves, in such a negative way that we often disassociate from our spiritual Selves.

This is hopefully the first talk of many. I am the Fat Girl Ambassador of my little valley.

I am going to have my first auction on my FB site for the shop this Sunday. I am really hoping it goes well. I need the money to buy some racks for the shop.

Can I ask who and what are your favorite lines of clothing? I know Avenue fits me so well...Lane Bryant doesnt do a thing for me.
I have had a hard time getting trousers to fit; if a pair fit me over the thighs, hips and belly, then the waist is far too big (I’ve an hour glass figure with very wide hips). I’ve no chance getting a pair to the other way round, lol! Since my early teens I’ve made my own clothes to fit (drawstring waist).

I go for Linen Palazzo slacks with a peasant style blouse. Some of my blouses are dressier than others; I’ve made something for almost all occasions, lol!

Good luck with your talk and auction!

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #30
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

That's so exciting, Miss Tia! I'm loving hearing about this! There was a store like that in New York, Brooklyn to be specific. It was open for a few years and then closed. Maybe New York rents are just too expensive. Thanks for keeping us in the loop about your store. Keep the stories coming! What an adventure!
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #31
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
Adele is the cover for Vogue............

here.........what do you think:

https://www.google.com/search?q=adel...w=1138&bih=544
At the Grammy's she looked slimmer in the second dress she wore, but these photos all look photo shopped! That is a shame, because she is a normal size woman and they are really sending the wrong message to young women.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #32
Licious

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,974 Times in 546 Posts
Licious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST Reputation

thank you for starting this thread. subscribing

Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.

~Rumi

Licious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Licious For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #33
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

I secured my store site today! Its on the MAIN corner of the downtown area of the town next to mine. It is catty corner to two very popular and busy restaurants and is in an 100 year old building with high ceilings that have those precious molded forms! The landlord's last tenant destroyed the place so he has to repair and remodel it. He is now doing it to my specifications! It has a HUGE store window front! I was quivering how excited I was!

When i got home i had an email from a gal who said she hated herself. She gained 100 lbs since she was married. She only wore sweats and felt like a worthless unlovable being. Yet her husband adores her. She was so glad there was going to be a shop where she could go and not feel bad about herself when trying to buy clothes. She is exactly why i want to do this store. I saw photos of her and she is STUNNING. I am not kidding you! As beautiful as they come, could be a plus size model! And she hates herself.
Mirror mirror on the wall, why do I see someone I dont like at all?
Old 02-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #34
Licious

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,974 Times in 546 Posts
Licious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Tia View Post
I secured my store site today! Its on the MAIN corner of the downtown area of the town next to mine. It is catty corner to two very popular and busy restaurants and is in an 100 year old building with high ceilings that have those precious molded forms! The landlord's last tenant destroyed the place so he has to repair and remodel it. He is now doing it to my specifications! It has a HUGE store window front! I was quivering how excited I was!

When i got home i had an email from a gal who said she hated herself. She gained 100 lbs since she was married. She only wore sweats and felt like a worthless unlovable being. Yet her husband adores her. She was so glad there was going to be a shop where she could go and not feel bad about herself when trying to buy clothes. She is exactly why i want to do this store. I saw photos of her and she is STUNNING. I am not kidding you! As beautiful as they come, could be a plus size model! And she hates herself.
Mirror mirror on the wall, why do I see someone I dont like at all?

This is great news! I am happy to read it, and so glad you can provide pretty clothes to nice, larger, pretty ladies.

Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.

~Rumi

Licious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Licious For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #35
oblivia
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married, treasured, and adored

Thanked 1,430 Times in 359 Posts
oblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputation
Default Awesome!

Just wanted to send out a big ol squishy hug to nycfembbw for starting this thread!!

I subscribed. Love myself some fat-positivity!!
oblivia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oblivia For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #36
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Default always wear dark blue and black

and never wear stripes, esp horizontal ones

prints are bad.

so are loud colors

dont draw attention to yourself

keep your hair short and off your face. You have such a pretty face

smile....fat people are jolly

eat before you go out so you wont eat alot when you do go out

no one wants to see a fat person clean their plate publicly

be obsessed with your hygiene because ya know, we smell

control top pantyhose was invented by a baker..for it creates muffin tops

which by the way, are anything but slimming....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #37
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

I dont listen to any of the above...anymore...lol...thank goddess!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #38
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

There are certain words or phrases that I find oppressive and fat-negative. They are words that I may nod along with but am cringing inside. They are words that I even use at times when talking to people because I know it's their language. Here's my list. Do you have a list of words or phrases that you find to be fat negative?

1) "Overweight." Over WHAT weight? Some ideal determined by insurance companies and patriarchal doctors?

2) "War on Obesity." This is so literally negative and easily morphs into "war on fat people." How about something positive, especially for a phrase that is so often applied to children, like, "Team for Healthiness."

3) "Obese" and "Morbidly obese." When I hear these words, I immediately think of how cold and clinical they are. They are never a compliment, and that says a lot.

And how about fat positive words that we love hearing? Here's my list, and I'd love to know yours:

1) fat (direct, can be used negatively but also down-to-earth)

2) full-figured (feels direct and respectful- of course, as all fat phrases in our culture, can be used negatively)

3) voluptuous (sensual, complimentary, a "feel good" word)
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #39
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Rubenesque!!!!!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2012, 11:28 PM   #40
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

many of the women who I am coming in contact with this store, are not advocates for their size. They are blown away by my self acceptance and many flat out loathe themselves. If I used the word fat, I would lose them as customers. But ...I also know, like any change, it needs to be done or the word will continue to hurt them. Its one of those topics I want to do during one of my workshops/get togethers...The Power of Words.

Lots of people are using Curvy. Luscious plushious is a fav saying of mine. Hell, most of my customers cant see themselves as sexy. Some dont want to. Others do. (Lots to sift thru with that)

I dont call myself full figured because I always related that to someone with a fuller bustline, which I dont have. Not that I mind! I dont have the backaches like some of my full figured friends and relatives have!

I use the word overweight and dont feel guilty about it. Its what I was raised with as the polite word to use. It feels good to me and well, I am me and I use whats good for me, as long as I dont hurt anyone in the process of it.