Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 03-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #381
ManOMan

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/His...
Relationship Status:
Single & searching....

ManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST Reputation

I find this thread very interesting. I have ADHD...so reading all of the responses is way too overwhelming. I am also a HSP.

I found a book (and the author) called "Scattered" by Gabor Mate, MD.
The book is about ADHD and he includes things that I would never have
associated with it. He also has it (and his kids) and he has some very interesting ideas about it's origin.

Frankly I'm only half way through it. I get very overwhelmed when reading it, it has pushed my buttons. I've cried a lot. I have yet to get to the part where he addresses how to handle this.

I've had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times. He has a heart of gold and truly cares.

If you have ADHD I highly suggest you pick up this book and give it a look.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:50 PM   #382
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Does anyone else find "Good morning" to be an intrusive/annoying greeting? I have always loathed the obligatory "Good morning" ritual. I'd rather say "Hello" and be the first to initiate social contact, especially in the morning. I don't wake up easily.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #383
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl_On_Fire View Post
Does anyone else find "Good morning" to be an intrusive/annoying greeting? I have always loathed the obligatory "Good morning" ritual. I'd rather say "Hello" and be the first to initiate social contact, especially in the morning. I don't wake up easily.
I guess for me its habit now.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #384
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

A fellow "Aspergirl" sent me this great blog post about the traits of female Aspies. It hit the nail right on the head for me. Can anyone (of the butch/femme/trans/other-identified) variety identify with what's written here?

Also, do you think gender identity or expression have an effect on the types of spectrum traits exhibited by individuals?

https://aspergersgirls.wordpress.com...females-girls/
Old 08-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #385
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Ten Myths about Females with Asperger's Syndrome:

http://aspergersgirls.wordpress.com/...gers-syndrome/
Old 03-06-2018, 06:32 PM   #386
Signmypapyrus

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Signmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST Reputation

Not sure if I should post here since I don’t have ASD, but I am epileptic and I have a rare neurological disorder called mirror touch synesthesia. Neither are fun.
Signmypapyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:55 AM   #387
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,767 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

It is always tricky for me as a neurodiverse woman to be seen as such. I am a dedicated actress, every day I put on my "normal" facade and go into the world. The older I get the more I chafe under the yoke of passing.

Quote:
A fellow "Aspergirl" sent me this great blog post about the traits of female Aspies. It hit the nail right on the head for me. Can anyone (of the butch/femme/trans/other-identified) variety identify with what's written here?

Also, do you think gender identity or expression have an effect on the types of spectrum traits exhibited by individuals?

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:27 AM   #388
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,089 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Oh my giddy aunt! MOST of that describes me! This has given me extreme pause for thought. Thank you!
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post: