Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

View Poll Results: Hypothetical Scenario ~ 2012 ~ Oprah or The Donald?
Oprah 52 50.98%
The Donald 12 11.76%
Why is there a duck in the running? 14 13.73%
I'm not voting for either! ~ *stomps off* 22 21.57%
I'm new here, can I watch? 2 1.96%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2011, 04:34 PM   #21
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Screw this comb-over, fake ass oompa loompa orange tanned face, pouty-duck lips arrogant idiot...

Oh yeah, and Donald...You're FIRED...
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 04:38 PM   #22
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Are you KIDDING? Oprah is my favorite superhero!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 04:49 PM   #23
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

One vote for the Donald!

Old 04-13-2011, 05:25 PM   #24
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

I voted neither, minus the stomping
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 08:22 AM   #25
cuddlyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,270 Posts
cuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Oprah all the way!!!!
cuddlyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:05 PM   #26
DamselFly

How Do You Identify?:
QueerStoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am or Damsel
Relationship Status:
single

DamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST Reputation
Default neither

i vote for neither, though with those minus the stomping *smile*. neither has any political experience, which in some MIGHT be a good thing, but both are media personas, so that we really have not much info as to whom they really are. while trump has lost any credibility he might have had when he began this ridiculous birther idiocy, oprah does not strike me as the political choice, either. while she seems to have much more compassion than trump, that doesn't translate into the ability to run a country. i say let's give a woman who HAS political expertise a chance: Hilary Clinton. those she is a democrat, and i do not trust those of either party, she has shown dedication, persistence, and certainly has political expertise! if not hilary, then i say, lets get a progressive into office. someone who does have knowledge of how to run things politically but is affiliated w/neither party-or the tea party people. i definitely am going to canada (if they'll allow me in), if palin runs and -totally ick- wins. my two cents.
*listening to and highly recommending:
The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism by Naomi Klein
DamselFly
to make my own contribution
(Buddhist prayer, a favorite of H.H.)

DamselFly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DamselFly For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #27
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,138 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Couldn't we have at least one queer to vote for in your poll?

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #28
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
Couldn't we have at least one queer to vote for in your poll?
Oh, well some Rumors have Oprah staring in her OwN Queer as Folk.

That's hypothetical of course...or is it?

Old 04-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #29
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Of the choices, I voted for Oprah.

I mean why bring up the Obama birth controversy any more...Jesus.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:54 PM   #30
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Oprah- then she tells Obama "This is how I told you to do it. Now watch and learn."
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #31
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Old Thing
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ol Butch Bones
Relationship Status:
Too old to play.

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

I'd rather tha donald take a bullet instead of Lady O.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #32
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,120 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation

Gayle could be our "First Lady"

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #33
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I saw somewhere today that he will be announcing his run for the white house on the apprentice. I wish I could remember where I read it... Probably old news?
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:23 AM   #34
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,424 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

I vote for the nuns going after Goldman Sachs.

Never mess with a pissed off nun.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #35
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

I thought this was a cute hypothetical thing. And then I saw The Donald
giving interviews on running for office.

A duck might be an interesting contrast to the current crop of Washingtonian jackasses.
But seriously, when did we become a people with a barnyard government?

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:10 AM   #36
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Barring lack of political experience on both of their parts, Oprah would get my vote hands down.

She is compassionate, a smart as hell business woman, Pro-LGBT rights, and obviously knows how to handle her finances to the point that she is one of the world's richest women.

I wouldn't vote for Donald Trump to be a fucking JANITOR in the white house. (and this is certainly no swipe on people who clean for a living, just illustrating someone who is still in the actual white house but who is far removed from the politics there)
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #37
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,627 Times in 3,978 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Is Oprah really going to run for president? Did she quit her show so she could seriously make a run for it, if not this term, then next? Did she get a flavor for it by helping get Obama elected? I had been thinking this to myself over the past year and then this thread crops up. hmmmmm. I dont get the newspaper and I dont watch the news. Was there something said that made this a current topic?
Old 04-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #38
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

softness: in answer to your question....no not that I know of.

----------

Being the President is not the same as being a CEO of a for profit company or any kind of business person. It's a whole different set of skills and knowledge base.
Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #39
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm just wondering when the 3-ring circus is going to stop and the GOP has some competent candidates. With the economy so fragile, gas prices rising, and the need for a sane overhaul of the tax code, I want Obama to be able to build a winning strategy. I honestly believe his re-election is tied to the economy and job creation. The gas price situation is something that hits hard on people- an everyday slap in the face that is a game changer with personal budgeting.

Neither Trump or Oprah have the skills to be president. But, Oprah is someone I respect deeply and feel she is very smart. Trump just loves to see Trump on the tube.

I think the GOP is worried about putting forth a candidate against Obama. Even Carl Rove has been saying "get serious" and leave the Tea Party zealots behind. I don't like Rove, but he is a savvy political strategist. Even Bachman is backing away from the birther garbage.

I really wish the serious issues would be discussed and ideas formulated that get things like the construction and housing industries back on their feet and jobs are created. We also can bring some of manufacturing back (some is lost forever).

Its fun to play with the craziness of some of these "candidates," but this is such a serious time for our economy and middle and working class people.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #40
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
softness: in answer to your question....no not that I know of.

----------

Being the President is not the same as being a CEO of a for profit company or any kind of business person. It's a whole different set of skills and knowledge base.

Kind of interesting to look at the occupations of folks before they became President. 26 of the 44 were lawyers. Some were businessmen - Harding was a respected newspaper publisher, Washington was a farmer/plantation owner, Truman was a farmer/retailer, Hoover was a mining engineer/businessman, the elder Bush was in oil, GW actually has an MBA and had run many companies into the ground before turning his talent on the country, a few including LBJ were schoolteachers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._by_occupation

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote