Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > ART, POETRY, WRITING > Art

Old 12-04-2010, 06:43 AM   #161
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Favorite Flickr Photos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gypsyfw...@N04/lightbox/

Small collection of some of my favorite photos taken in large part by very talented amateur photographers.

Some of them are rather stunning.

To scroll through, click top arrow that says "older" --->
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2010, 06:51 AM   #162
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

these are great.. I think I like the portraits the most..thanks for posting the link
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2010, 08:56 PM   #163
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestButchBoy View Post
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gypsyfw...@N04/lightbox/

Small collection of some of my favorite photos taken in large part by very talented amateur photographers.

Some of them are rather stunning.

To scroll through, click top arrow that says "older" --->
Awesome link! Thanks for sharing these...
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #164
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Rockefeller Center - NYC - 2010 Photo by Inga Sarda-Sorensen

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2010, 04:44 PM   #165
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Default NYC Blizzard 2010

From NYTimes reader's snow day photos

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...1df554400051f/

Lots of dogs! Why else would you be out, right?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #166
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

received in email today from Digital Photo magazine..

The old year is done and a new one has arrived. What better time to put away bad photographic habits in favor of good ones? Along with eating right and living well, this year you can resolve to take better pictures too. Here’s how.

1. Start carrying your camera more. All the time, if possible. You’ll find yourself shooting more, which always leads to improvement. More than that, though, you’ll learn to shoot from the hip and you’ll wind up with a portfolio of moments the rest of us missed—all because you carry your camera more.

2. Try shooting RAW. Whether you’ve never ventured into RAW territory, or maybe you’ve dabbled with the setting but it never stuck, if you don’t shoot RAW you’re missing out on lots of photo processing power. Even if you don’t make the switch permanently, try shooting RAW captures and processing them in Photoshop, Aperture or Lightroom. You’ll start to see what all the buzz is about once you turn underexposures into perfect exposures, and once color, contrast and sharpness are ideal every time.

3. Stop shooting in Program mode—even just temporarily. Maybe you just aren’t sure how manual exposures work at all, or maybe you’re most of the way there but you just don’t quite get it. Either way, your growth as a photographer is dependent on understanding your tools. So take some pictures in manual mode and see what you learn. Utilize the in-camera meter to set your exposure, then go beyond the basics to adjust for depth of field and sharpness issues. Once you get it, there’s no turning back.

4. Use a tripod. You know those situations in the past where you thought you probably should use a tripod but you still didn’t? Change that this year. Take the time to put your camera on a tripod. More often than not it will translate into clearer, sharper photographs no matter what you’re shooting. And if nothing else, it will help you break a lazy habit that will definitely cost you a good picture someday.

5. Stop settling for okay. Push yourself to make great shots. Always shoot from eye level? Get up high or down low and find a new perspective. Always avoiding wide angles? Give them a shot this year. Don’t know how to control fill flash? Make yourself test it out. Fear keeps us from doing a lot when we’re learning photography, but with feedback from the camera’s LCD leading to immediate corrections, what have you got to lose by trying?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #167
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

thought i'd mention i have some new stuff up in the gallery here, if anyone's interested.

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to little man For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #168
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by little man View Post
thought i'd mention i have some new stuff up in the gallery here, if anyone's interested.
great stuff.. Especially the Heron..
Old 01-10-2011, 04:31 PM   #169
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

i'm ineligible for this competition, but i know some folks here who aren't....

the julia margaret cameron photo award

i'm a rambling man

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to little man For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 08:37 PM   #170
Leader

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Leader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST Reputation
Default Anyone shooting mobile or esp. Instagr.am?

Anyone doing any mobile photography with their Android or iPhone? They say that "the best camera is the one you have with you." I think that it is somewhat true... shooting more (because I always have my phone with me) teaches me to see different. I've been trying to take at least one photo every day.

I used to have an iPhone but switched to Android (DroidX). There's a great app for the Android platform called Vignette ... it has tons of effects, and if you configure it correctly, you can make it always save the original and then go back and re-process for many different effects.

I sometimes sync my photos to an Apple device and upload them to Instagram
Any IG users here? Here's my feed: http://instagram.heroku.com/users/75725

Would love to see others

“Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.”
Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:34 AM   #171
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Leader, thanks for asking... some of my work is on www.cajundeephotos.com .... (It needs an update but dang life is very busy these days!)

I used to shoot more with my Blackberry because I did have it with me most often but now just shoot my Canon...

There are photo forums out there dedicated to cellphone photos..
Old 01-20-2011, 03:02 AM   #172
Leader

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Leader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_girl View Post
Leader, thanks for asking... some of my work is on www.cajundeephotos.com .... (It needs an update but dang life is very busy these days!)

I used to shoot more with my Blackberry because I did have it with me most often but now just shoot my Canon...

There are photo forums out there dedicated to cellphone photos..
Yep, I know what you mean. Life does get in the way sometimes. When I actually do have time to do some real shooting, I'll grab my Nikon and head out for the day with all my various lenses and gear. But like I said, sometimes the best camera is the one you have with you.

Happy shooting..
Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leader For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2011, 09:02 AM   #173
femmedyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

femmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputation

I've been sorely lacking in my creativity department. I'd rather make art than take photos of people... but I'm good at it and it's currently what makes me the money. Meh. I've been taking this winter break as a chance to get back to what I really like doing. Shooting my animals; my lover... my life... check out our boy atticus and here is a fairly new edit of a shot I took some time ago... I love it. It speaks to me.

Tell me, where do you find your inspiration? Let's propose a challenge to get each other inspired... I could use a swift kick in the ass and friendly challenge

Happy New Year folks.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:25 AM   #174
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmedyke View Post
I've been sorely lacking in my creativity department. I'd rather make art than take photos of people... but I'm good at it and it's currently what makes me the money. Meh. I've been taking this winter break as a chance to get back to what I really like doing. Shooting my animals; my lover... my life... check out our boy atticus and here is a fairly new edit of a shot I took some time ago... I love it. It speaks to me.

Tell me, where do you find your inspiration? Let's propose a challenge to get each other inspired... I could use a swift kick in the ass and friendly challenge

Happy New Year folks.
I'm all for the swift kick to get some creativity flowing.

I haven't been shooting much, but oddly have had more people coming to me asking me to setup photo shoots. I guess word (or eyes) are starting to open different avenues for me. I'm still standing in the doorway, though, and can't seem to take the next step (i.e. independent business work, charging, etc).

I have a photo-friend coming to visit soon to get me outa the house. I can't wait for our photo excursion.

BTW, LOVE the atticus photo....you have an amazing eye.
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2011, 07:28 AM   #175
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:

Happy New Year folks.

Hiya FemmeDyke.. haven't seen you in a while and I must say I remember your photos and how much I enjoyed them...

What I do is venture out, never going on a *shoot* per se, but take my camera with me... I just start taking in the sights and before you know it there are photo ops galore,, and if not, you still got to take in some sights... so never a loss

Good luck!
Old 02-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #176
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Default check the link!!

hey kids,

here's a link to another competition. the fees are reasonable and the deadline is a little ways out. what say we get that gear out and find a good image or three to submit?

i'm a rambling man

Old 02-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #177
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Default creep *and* cool

check this guy's site out. look under portfolios and click on "projects".

i love this shit.

i'm a rambling man

The Following User Says Thank You to little man For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #178
femmedyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

femmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by little man View Post
check this guy's site out. look under portfolios and click on "projects".

i love this shit.
love that. great find. sometimes i feel like i need to get the hell out of my little world (i've been in the same area for years now) where can i find places like this? does anyone know of a link of places for urban exploration? i only find bits and pieces.

in other news... we're off to Philadelphia for a tattoo convention tomorrow. hoping to get some really great shots... on the road and at the convention.

hope everyone is well... where are all your photos?

click.
amanda
Old 02-05-2011, 05:20 PM   #179
femmedyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_girl View Post

1. Start carrying your camera more. All the time, if possible. You’ll find yourself shooting more, which always leads to improvement. More than that, though, you’ll learn to shoot from the hip and you’ll wind up with a portfolio of moments the rest of us missed—all because you carry your camera more.

2. Try shooting RAW. Whether you’ve never ventured into RAW territory, or maybe you’ve dabbled with the setting but it never stuck, if you don’t shoot RAW you’re missing out on lots of photo processing power. Even if you don’t make the switch permanently, try shooting RAW captures and processing them in Photoshop, Aperture or Lightroom. You’ll start to see what all the buzz is about once you turn underexposures into perfect exposures, and once color, contrast and sharpness are ideal every time.

4. Use a tripod. You know those situations in the past where you thought you probably should use a tripod but you still didn’t? Change that this year. Take the time to put your camera on a tripod. More often than not it will translate into clearer, sharper photographs no matter what you’re shooting. And if nothing else, it will help you break a lazy habit that will definitely cost you a good picture someday.

5. Stop settling for okay. Push yourself to make great shots. Always shoot from eye level? Get up high or down low and find a new perspective. Always avoiding wide angles? Give them a shot this year. Don’t know how to control fill flash? Make yourself test it out. Fear keeps us from doing a lot when we’re learning photography, but with feedback from the camera’s LCD leading to immediate corrections, what have you got to lose by trying?

Really wonderful; thanks for sharing! These are the particulars I've already been working on. Anybody else?
Old 02-05-2011, 05:40 PM   #180
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Quote:
love that. great find. sometimes i feel like i need to get the hell out of my little world (i've been in the same area for years now) where can i find places like this? does anyone know of a link of places for urban exploration? i only find bits and pieces.

in other news... we're off to Philadelphia for a tattoo convention tomorrow. hoping to get some really great shots... on the road and at the convention.

hope everyone is well... where are all your photos?

click.
amanda
hey, manda

try this link

i also did a google search for "urban exploration". it brought back quite a few results. if you've got an evening, have a look and see what works for you.

i'm particularly interested in abandoned insane asylums and penitentiaries. not sure why, but damn....

a friend of mine also found an old cemetery in columbus, oh where the dead from the local penitentiary and the old insane asylum are buried. it's tucked way back, out of the way...no sign or anything. but, the cemetery itself is very well cared for. there's a guy living in the woods near it who keeps an eye on things...chases off kids who come back there to party. good stuff. also shot a really old pet cemetery in columbus, out by the airport.

i'm a rambling man