Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LOVE > Dating, Marriage, Family

View Poll Results: How many of us have found love on BFP?
Love romance only 9 10.11%
Love with engagement 4 4.49%
Love with marriage 2 2.25%
Love in friendship 31 34.83%
Found love more than once 6 6.74%
Love not found 31 34.83%
Other~please explain 19 21.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #1
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation
Default How Many Members Found Love on BFP?

A poll because I am curious that way...
Old 12-14-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

What does "Love in Friendship" mean?

I will say that while I haven't found "love" in the romantic sense (since K and I were together before BFP formed), I have found closer ties to my extended family that I haven't had in a while.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2010, 07:00 PM   #3
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Love in Friendship means finding friends that you absolutely love but not in a romantic way. That has happened to me several times even though I have only been a member slightly more than two months!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 07:30 PM   #4
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I have found love in friendship with several here, though I had this with some already on the dash site.

No love in the romantic sense though. :wondering where the hot femmes in Florida are that date Transmen:
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

I chose other b/c I am not looking for love on BFP.

I hope that no couple met on the site have gotten married...the site has only been open for a year!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2010, 08:35 PM   #6
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

I'm an other, I met and married my wife before this site was a glimmer.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2010, 08:45 PM   #7
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

I havent met anyone romantically to fall in love with on this site or any of the other sites However, I always keep an open mind and do know a few that met via the other sites who are married now

I also have met many friends on here whom I love...
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2010, 08:49 PM   #8
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

I have met friends, but no love.........
Old 12-14-2010, 09:28 PM   #9
Billy

How Do You Identify?:
Billy~
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr Princess ~
Relationship Status:
Married April 20 2013

Thanked 3,866 Times in 1,051 Posts
Billy Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
I already had some from the Dash site, but at the Reunion, I met and fell in love with a bunch more folks in the non-romantic way. I can't wait to collect some more next October!

I have basically thrown Myself at your Mom , she is very spunky , I like that She would have fun if she came to LR in October , just sayin
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Billy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #10
Billy

How Do You Identify?:
Billy~
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr Princess ~
Relationship Status:
Married April 20 2013

Thanked 3,866 Times in 1,051 Posts
Billy Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Oh, Jesus, Billy. Be careful what you wish for.

True story - And a tiny derail.

When I first came out, I did a lot of volunteer stuff, and I did a fund-raiser at our ONE Lesbian bar and invited my mom to go along. She was just fine till the cute girl in the leather harness put a tiny donut on her nipple and a drag queen ate it off.

I am not sure what she would do if Uncle Terry reprised "Dick in the Box".

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I can understand that Sorry for the derail ..
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Billy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2010, 10:00 PM   #11
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Organic and I technically didn't *meet* on here so I filed us under "other".

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2010, 11:52 PM   #12
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,594 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Love y'all.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2010, 07:00 AM   #13
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Scoote and I met on the dash site...so I put us in "other" as well.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:47 AM   #14
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,594 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

I met my gf through craigslist. I put up an ad that went something like this:

"Are there ANY other lesbians in this damn tiny town? I'm going to see X movie at X time. Get out from behind your keyboards and come join me. This is my very last weekend in town.

PS. Don't be a craigslist murderer please."

And I included a pic. Nobody came to the movie that night (except me). But I got some responses. One from a married lady with a half-dressed picture of herself, another from a lady claiming to be in the closet (again half-dressed), and then one from a lesbian in a nearby town who wrote a very sweet email and then also talked about other movies she liked. We decided to meet the next night for a movie - not as a date, just as a hang-out-with-another-lesbian-and-not-live-in-straight-world-for-a-night thing. And she was really cool. Afterwards we exchanged emails and just sort of talked about our pasts and our future plans and life in general, and we both realized the other was pretty cool. I was leaving anyway, so neither of us expected a future, but we did go ahead and have a real date after my work-week was over. It went really well. I was fresh off a failed relationship and not looking for new one, and definitely not a long-distance one, but I ended up going back up to see her shortly after I got back to Texas and she's just the awesome. Kind, gentle, empathetic, smart, logical, sexy. That was over a year ago now, and we've both flown back and forth since then mny times. She comes here on her school breaks, I save up vacation time to go there. She's having her last finals today and then she's coming down here for almost month. I was going to then go see her in January, but some heath issues have come up which may suck up my vacation time. (At my company you can't get to your sick leave until you use 3 "PTO" days). Anyway, I get to see her very soon, and I'm very happy about that. I hope her finals go well today.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2010, 08:33 AM   #15
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

I'll just say that I'm more guarded than before I came on line.

I have found friends here, and can honestly declare my love for them. In particular, there is nothing like the loyalty of a butch friend, nor the loving friendship of a fierce femme. That alone is worth the handful of stardust in my eyes when I did go overboard.

Last edited by waxnrope; 12-15-2010 at 08:40 AM.
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to waxnrope For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2010, 08:50 AM   #16
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default I love you all.....well , mostly all.

When you aren't looking it smacks you in the head.
I found love On the Planet and all who come here... mostly all.

I found love at the Reunion BIG TIME>

I love ya baby. do.

I love ya man/boi/girl/Daddy/Mama/ et.at;., I do

I found lovers on other sites prior to spinning in here.
I met that Joisey goil , LeftWriteFemme over there-->before the dashcrash about 3 years ago..Who knew we were destined for a long, reallly long distance relationship. as we are both rooted in our respective soil.

Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2010, 07:34 PM   #17
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I've found love MANY time's over... I have made friends with some amazing people that I am proud to call my "FRIENDS"

For this I will always be thankful!!
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2010, 11:49 PM   #18
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,249 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation
Default le sigh

There are truly delightful people on this site, and I really value the friendships we are creating, a lot. I cherish those sweet warm connections.

Well sharing erotic writing is fun, but I'm an Old school femme. And when I let someone into my heart, I love fiercely. When it comes to online romance, Nancy Regan and I agree, just say NO! I'm afraid I have learned not to trust people I don't really know, with my tender inner landscapes. Please, you know when it's starts getting close it's going, THERE. And for me it's proven unwise to be emotionally vulnerable to someone I've never met. But then again, I'm a very sensitive woman, who believes those parts of me are sacred. Actually my sweet wickedness, belong to my Papi, I'll save them for him, rather than being an online appetizer that gets passed around. <le sigh, rant over>
So, I'm only dating in person, as in drive your car to my house, or meet me at the cafe. No more online romance for me, No dating sites, no craigslist, no adds ~ never again.
Punto! Our paths will have to cross naturally, the old fashioned way. I'm sorry, I know I'm a buzz kill.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:50 AM   #19
asphaltcowboi

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
HAPPY

7 Highscores

Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,042 Posts
asphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputation

there are so many beautiful femmes on here i have found alot of lust but have only found true love in friendship here. i have also met some new butch bros that are true friends
Old 12-16-2010, 08:30 AM   #20
daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
mouthy but adorable; kinky Gerbera
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

daisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I truly adore my friends here! So many fabulous people--how could you not love 'em?!

xoxo

Hold on to the lessons, let go of the pain.
--Leslie Feinberg
daisygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daisygrrl For This Useful Post: