Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 03-29-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Happy Passover!

For those who are Jewish, I wish you all a wonderful Passover celebration.

God bless you all.

Love,
Andrew and Family
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Happy Passover!
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2010, 02:40 PM   #3
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCPpl6ZKvD8"]YouTube- The Telling (official version)[/ame]

l'shana habaa biyerushalayim
Old 03-29-2010, 02:47 PM   #4
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

May your Pesach be filled with much happiness brothers and sisters! And may you be blessed with peace and prosperity.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2010, 03:04 PM   #5
layla

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
ella ella
Relationship Status:
married

layla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond repute

hag pessah sameah to all of you who celebrate it
Old 03-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #6
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

LeShana Haba'a BiYerushalayim!

Next Year in Jerusalem!

Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2010, 10:30 AM   #7
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile The Orange

There is an often-repeated story that an Orthodox woman once asked her Rabbi why whe could not particpate fully in the service by reading the Torah from the B'mah. The rabbi was unbending in his refusals to the woman and retorted, "A womean belongs on the B'mah like an orange on a Seder plate." Where her this story is true or legend, we oblige our need to symbolize promote inclusion of all people's prayer's, male, female, young, young at heart, of various personal orientation, by including an orange on our Seder plate today.
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2010, 12:35 PM   #8
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post

There is an often-repeated story that an Orthodox woman once asked her Rabbi why whe could not particpate fully in the service by reading the Torah from the B'mah. The rabbi was unbending in his refusals to the woman and retorted, "A womean belongs on the B'mah like an orange on a Seder plate." Where her this story is true or legend, we oblige our need to symbolize promote inclusion of all people's prayer's, male, female, young, young at heart, of various personal orientation, by including an orange on our Seder plate today.
This story was actually ascribed to Suzanna Heschel, daughter of the great Jewish thinker, Abraham Joshua Heschel. My rabbi told the story at last year's Seder and clarified it as something that floated around in the 70s lesbian Jewish herstory. You can Google the phrase and lots comes up about the various versions of the story.

Here is an explanation supposedly from Heschel herself. http://www.miriamscup.com/Heschel_orange.htm

I am chametz free and a little cranky for it. Chag Pesach Sameach!
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to julieisafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2010, 09:55 AM   #9
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

Julieisafemme,

Yes, you are right. I just took this from the booklet from the seder meal that I was involved with. My bad. Thank you.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:21 PM   #10
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

Hmm... yes I can relate to the cranky over being Chametz free!!!

After over a week of essentially Carb loading (because I did NOT want to give away all my chametz, we tried really hard to eat it all) (and still gave away 4 boxes of cereal, a bag of bagels, and a bag of yummy marie calandar corn muffin mix ANd.....)

Now Im in withdrawls I think.

I WANT PASTA.

And a cheese sandwich.

Since my really rather crummy diet pretty much consists of both cheese and bread, this whole holiday is quiet an adventure for me.

Its my first Passover. We celebrated first night of Pesach using the coloring book "my own Haggadah" for which I was incredibly greatful for the simple teaching tool. Last night we had a grand celebration at the reformed temple in town, and all 3 hours were so much fun!!!

I am enjoying the very clean house.

I still want a cheese sandwich!!!

May your celebration be warm and memorable. Im delighted to have a chance to join in this year.
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PearlsNLace For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2010, 06:14 PM   #11
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlsNLace View Post
Hmm... yes I can relate to the cranky over being Chametz free!!!

After over a week of essentially Carb loading (because I did NOT want to give away all my chametz, we tried really hard to eat it all) (and still gave away 4 boxes of cereal, a bag of bagels, and a bag of yummy marie calandar corn muffin mix ANd.....)

Now Im in withdrawls I think.

I WANT PASTA.

And a cheese sandwich.

Since my really rather crummy diet pretty much consists of both cheese and bread, this whole holiday is quiet an adventure for me.

Its my first Passover. We celebrated first night of Pesach using the coloring book "my own Haggadah" for which I was incredibly greatful for the simple teaching tool. Last night we had a grand celebration at the reformed temple in town, and all 3 hours were so much fun!!!

I am enjoying the very clean house.

I still want a cheese sandwich!!!

May your celebration be warm and memorable. Im delighted to have a chance to join in this year.
You know Hon, you can do so very much with matzo. I use it for making "pizza" and not just during Passover.

Take a piece of matzo, spread on some marinara sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Add veggies if you like. Nuke until the cheese is bubbly. Yum. Since the average matzo (not egg) has about 110 calories and almost no fat, it's really pretty healthy. I use whole wheat now that it has finally become available here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2010, 06:27 PM   #12
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

My understanding is that most cheese is not Kosher for passover.
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PearlsNLace For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2010, 07:14 PM   #13
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlsNLace View Post
My understanding is that most cheese is not Kosher for passover.
Not so. There is cheese out there that is Kosher for Passover. You just have to look around. They carry it at our kosher grocer here in Charlotte.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:45 AM   #14
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

I'm Jewish here too. Northern NJ. We have a gay rabbi and she is a women engaged to be married to another women. It's great!! I love it.
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
passover