Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Trans Zone

Old 04-27-2018, 11:40 AM   #61
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,527 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

The hubs and I went to a men's store in downtown San Antonio a few weeks ago to buy him a suit. He was soooo cute, like a kid in a candy store! He's dressed up before but never with the whole ensemble. This was his "Birthday" present. (I almost said Birthday Suit, lol)
We had it tailored and he's in heaven. He loves wearing ties with his shirts. too.

I love to see him sooo happy with how he looks. His transitioning is giving him a 'stache and beard too, so he's really evolving into the image of himself he's always known he'd be!

So I'd say yes, the clothes help quite a bit.

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2018, 12:22 PM   #62
CowboyJ

How Do You Identify?:
FtM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He or Him
Relationship Status:
Ask

CowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST Reputation

After being on T for some time I did experience some distribution changes . While at 5'9", I can buy from the rack and it works just fine. I wear a lot of wranglers and t-shirts when I am not working so no issue there. I have had some suits and tuxedos tailor made, those are the ones I wear to extremely important events but other than that a suit off the rack will suffice. I do think something a lot of guys forget is a great pair of shoes or boots. They have so many great looking socks now I do get sucked into buying those too..lol. I prefer silk ties in basic colors but do have some fun ones as well :0. I agree with some of the others that said I want to keep in mind the woman I might be going out with and dress to please her but if I am not comfortable, neither of us would be comfortable and I would expect her to feel the same....if you look good you feel good!!!
CowboyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CowboyJ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2018, 01:34 PM   #63
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I still stand by my last statement. I feel its his personality, his character, etc makes him the man he is. Clothes are just materialistic to me.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2018, 01:52 PM   #64
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Just curious if you've ever tried those ascots with pin.
Have always thought them attractive, but nothing to wear
them with myself.

Definitely agree with you about the footwear.
Nothing beats a good pair of wing tips or leather inlay
on pointed toe Western boots. And, yeah I have a
sock fetish too. There are so many good ones out there now.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2018, 05:01 PM   #65
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
I still stand by my last statement. I feel its his personality, his character, etc makes him the man he is. Clothes are just materialistic to me.

Well, yeah, but the thread isn't to discuss if clothes makes the man, or questions if clothes makes the man....it is simply about trans men and what makes them feel good to wear. What you are talking about is a different topic....so I'm confused.

cathexis, I have a hard time getting myself to buy any dress shoes besides wingtips...oh, how I love them so...

As others have said, I am lucky that I have always been able to buy "off the rack", even pre-T/ pre top surgery. I do think one should still take their suits to a tailor to really "hone in" the fit, even if they can buy off the rack.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2018, 05:12 PM   #66
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl_On_Fire View Post
I saw this on Facebook and thought I would share it here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/01/ny...ome.html?_r=1&

I'm interested to know from the trans guys how the way you dress makes you feel in public. What do you prefer to wear? Do you purchase custom clothing like the kind mentioned in the link or do you make it work with men's clothes?

I thought this thread topic might prompt a really insightful discussion.

(I know I'm a femme starting this thread but I do love trans guys and male-identified butches so I hope you don't mind.)
Suited, A 2016 HBO documentary
A behind-the-scenes look at the Brooklyn tailoring company Bindle and Keep might also be helpful in this conversation! I would say the sheer look of happiness and contentment on these folks faces says it all!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:

Tags
clothing, trans