Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 04-14-2010, 08:22 PM   #21
moxie

How Do You Identify?:
a cynical princess wannabe
Preferred Pronoun?:
lipgloss junkie
Relationship Status:
yep

Thanked 6,770 Times in 1,847 Posts
moxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputation

I would have to say that what I would consider to be my slice of heaven are places where all the thoughts I have in my mind become quiet and I am just being and living in the "here and now" of the time and place. I have been in two such places.

Portland (OR) Japanese Garden

The Art Institute of Chicago

Old 04-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #22
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiler41 View Post
I've always been partial to the Smokey Mountains, and Cades Cove in particular. Something draws me there and I really can't pinpoint what, but it is a place that I find peaceful and restful. I love it there.

I like the mountains in general, but the Smokies have always topped the list.

Glynn

It is beautiful at Cades Cove! I have good memories of my trip there.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:41 PM   #23
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

Old 04-14-2010, 10:19 PM   #24
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2010, 05:45 PM   #25
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation
Default Bumping this thread because I like it.

More slices of heaven....

Election Night 2002 in Michigan.

An apartment overlooking the canal in Delfshaven.

Watching fireworks on spring holiday from the balcony at the above-mentioned apartment.

A stretch of nearly-deserted beach in DeHaan, Belgium.

Sitting on the terrace of a cafe in DeHaan on a sunny day, having a late breakfast, an amazingly pretty girl sitting across from me smiling, her dog at my feet and sharing the best omelette ever.

Any stolen kiss.

Any stolen kiss in a doorway in the rain.

Reading Sock Monkey books with my nieces.

Farmers markets.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #26
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
More slices of heaven....

Election Night 2002 in Michigan.

An apartment overlooking the canal in Delfshaven.

Watching fireworks on spring holiday from the balcony at the above-mentioned apartment.

A stretch of nearly-deserted beach in DeHaan, Belgium.

Sitting on the terrace of a cafe in DeHaan on a sunny day, having a late breakfast, an amazingly pretty girl sitting across from me smiling, her dog at my feet and sharing the best omelette ever.

Any stolen kiss.

Any stolen kiss in a doorway in the rain.

Reading Sock Monkey books with my nieces.

Farmers markets.

Your whole list is lovely, but my favorites are underlined.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #27
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Sock Monkeys

Reading and giving all of my nieces and nephews and great nephews sock monkeys and their books. Perfection.

PS: I just love the KIA commercials with the giant sock monkey in it jet skiing, riding the bull, in the car, dancing, and so on...just makes me smile. I had my nephew call me and tell me that when he saw it he thought of me.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2010, 04:11 PM   #28
Ms. Tabitha

How Do You Identify?:
Hey Lady
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Married ~ 4-1-13

Thanked 3,585 Times in 1,041 Posts
Ms. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST Reputation
Default My slice of Heaven.....

Home

Ms. Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Tabitha For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2010, 05:05 PM   #29
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

Never found one...still looking...

The is an organ of fire.
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:32 PM   #30
miss entycing

How Do You Identify?:
dangerous, but worth the risk.
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice.. it's that easy.
Relationship Status:
CapitalM's carved upon my skin.

Location: on the southern edge of sanity, under a carolina moon.
Thanked 8,262 Times in 2,255 Posts
miss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputation
Smile what a lovely thread!

Lake Lure, NC- in the gazebo
I spend lots of time there, have for years- it heals me.

camping at Eleven Mile Canyon, Colorado

Estes Park, Colorado

in our journals
we leave things for eachother... writings and such.

True strength lies in submission which permits one to dedicate their life,
through devotion,
to something beyond themselves.

Whenever someone awakens fully,
it affects human consciousness at a collective level.
It is like dropping a stone into a dark murky pond.
Ripples of light...
Not one word need be spoken.

miss entycing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miss entycing For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #31
Julien

How Do You Identify?:
TG/GenderQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible, but only up to a point.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,701 Times in 737 Posts
Julien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST Reputation

My slice of heaven would be in her arms.

“Self-plagiarism is style.” Alfred Hitchcock

Formerly known as Graphiteta2s
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julien For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 03:09 AM   #32
Nerds

How Do You Identify?:
as me

Nerds Has the BEST ReputationNerds Has the BEST ReputationNerds Has the BEST ReputationNerds Has the BEST ReputationNerds Has the BEST ReputationNerds Has the BEST ReputationNerds Has the BEST ReputationNerds Has the BEST ReputationNerds Has the BEST ReputationNerds Has the BEST ReputationNerds Has the BEST Reputation
Default my retreat

I have a secret place - a place I used to go to when I was growing up when things got rough.
Even if the place is just a memory today it still gives me comfort. I close my eyes and I am back in the forest where I grew up. I sit on the ground leaning against a fir tree looking out on the small lake. I see the dragonflies hovering silently over white and yellow waterlillies. I feel the warmth of the sun on my face and I smell the warm earth around me. I hear the birds sing happily above or rustling in the dead leaves nearby in search of food. I hear bumble bees passing by. I see the rings on the water after fish jumping. On the other side of the lake there is a beaver lodge, and if I am quiet at dusk I see them swimming around to find food. Maybe if Im lucky I see a fox or a moose.
I sit absolutely quiet not to disturb any of them in the hopes that one day, maybe they will accept me as part of them and not be afraid of me.
Nerds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nerds For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 03:58 AM   #33
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Today...
curled up in bed and being grateful for this beautiful, peaceful home to come home to, after spending the night in the hospital horribly sick (it knocked me off my ass, in the fetal position and was completely unexpected). I'm safe and cared for here (by several dear friends and one that stuck by me every bit of the way)... that safe place is a slice of heaven.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 07:23 AM   #34
Lady_Wu

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Queer Stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
M'Lady
Relationship Status:
given up looking *sigh*

Lady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Floyd, VA

My slice of heaven is a very,very small town in VA called Floyd. I think that it is the most wonderful place on earth. If I could find a place to live there, I'd be there now! Floyd is so small that when I left Va, about 10 years ago, they had just gotten their first traffic light. The town is a weird blend of Mew-Age Hippy and Redneck that somehow works beautifully. Farm supply stores sit right beside artisan craft store on the main street. Two world-renown restaurants that hold showcases for local singer-songwriters plus famous singers use only local produce in their mainly vegetarian dishes. A Wintersun apparel store located there holds wonderful sales from which I've bought my favorite clothing. A food co-op has delicious foods, teas, beauty products, etc.
One of the coolest things about Floyd consists in the fact that they have their own currency! They are Floyd notes. From what I've gathered, one Floydnote=one hour of work, or whatever is negotiated between employee and employer. Most of the local businesses take Floydnotes as payment. One can even redeem them at the local bank in town for "real" money.
Floyd also hosts every year a world-renown artisan, song-writer, whatever festival called FloydFest. Local mingle with celebrities as they look through artisans booths, listen to music, munch on all types of food from food kiosks, or just stretch out and enjoy the Virginia sun. Used to cost 75.00 for the entire two day fest. I'm sure the cost is considerably more by now. I always told myself I would go but left before I did.
Yes, if only I had a craft or a way to live there, I would. I DO hope to at least get back there for a Wintersun sale one day. I'd make,week[end out of it ,but there's no place to stay! I hope Floyd remains a small town as in my dreams!
Lady_Wu, feeling nostalgic
Old 01-23-2011, 04:46 PM   #35
aurora

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Married

aurora Has the BEST Reputationaurora Has the BEST Reputationaurora Has the BEST Reputationaurora Has the BEST Reputationaurora Has the BEST Reputationaurora Has the BEST Reputationaurora Has the BEST Reputationaurora Has the BEST Reputationaurora Has the BEST Reputationaurora Has the BEST Reputationaurora Has the BEST Reputation

Heaven is here on the farm with Syr Bebo and Sassy...and all the critters. There is no better place on this or the other side of the veil.

Well...OK...maybe to have people check out my book Jasmine's Choice by Aurora Dominiqua in the site bookstore.
aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aurora For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2011, 06:38 PM   #36
lionpaw

How Do You Identify?:
very married lesbian couple-there are two of us that use this site

Thanked 1,579 Times in 517 Posts
lionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputation

My slice of heaven would be on the pathway overlooking Lake Washington by the University of Washington.....
lionpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lionpaw For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2011, 06:57 PM   #37
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

My slice of heaven is in heaven. After that, it's riding my motorcycle, it's the most freeing thing in the world to me. One day I'll ride it to my special place where I go to center in Townsend, TN and thru Cades Cove in the Smokies.
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #38
ravfem

How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl
Relationship Status:
negative

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,269 Posts
ravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputation

It's at the ocean....

been years since i've been there, but just recalling the overwhelming sense of calm & peace i felt while being at the shore, standing there alone, just listening & watching the ocean..... it makes me content.

i know i came from the ocean, because she feels like my physical home.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:04 PM   #39
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

My slice of heaven is inside me, in my mind. Happy memories, feats, feasts and a sundry of moments captured are at my disposal in addition to the neverending soundtrack that runs in the background.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2011, 08:54 PM   #40
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

i am at peace in nature..

any scenery, be it the ocean, the mountains, the wilderness..
the breathtaking views, the ability to just relax and take it all in..
the fresh air, the distant soothing sounds, no traffic, no hustle & bustle, no telephones ringing or tv blaring..

just me, my dreams & soaring imagination.. ♥

---

Also, there is one place i would go to, mostly as a teen and in my early adult years, which involved some deep woods hiking and climbing up some rocks..the view was magnificent, so serene & peaceful and not a soul in sight.. it had caves that i explored, and one huge rock had a dip in it just the right size for me & my dog Teiko (the only one i ever shared this place with) and we'd lay there sky gazing, and taking in the silence, so relaxing.

i haven't been there in about 9 years now, so this spring, i will hike up that mountain again.. though without my Teiko around, it just won't be the same, but she will be with me, i know it!

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post: