Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > ART, POETRY, WRITING > Poetry

Poetry Please start one thread for your own poetry and just add to it!

Old 04-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #21
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Let go... let go... let go... let go... let go... let go
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #22
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thoughts, memories...

This may trigger some folks so please do not read if you are sensitive to abusive issues including rape and other violence...

Few people can escape the horrors of daily living. Few people can get through their lives without being touched by violence, cruelty and ignorance. Today with instant access to news around the world, there is almost no escaping. North Korea's threats, Middle East turmoil, Ireland's cries, Israel's laments... and right here in our back yards... young women choosing death over life after brutal attacks, children dying in the midst of loved ones, while others profit.

So why are we sitting in our chairs at home instead of leaping forward to action?

Do we need engraved invitations? Awards? Pats on the back? A stipend?
Free dinner? Fame? Bragging rights? Our own reality show? Date with Oprah?

Every woman I have known or do know currently, has been assaulted by violence personally or through loved ones. So what can we do about this? Are we willing to step up to the plate? Without compensation? Out of our love for others? I say put our butts behind our words.

Stick our collective butts out.

Who's with me?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #23
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

What's in a word?
Intent is what it means to me
Desire is how it feels to me
Projection is the way it is used by me
Denial is when I'm misunderstood.

What's in a word?
Humor is the tone
Laughter is the response
Joyful is the basket
Happy is the mood.
Denial is when I'm misunderstood.

What's in a word?
letter, vowel,
cadence, measure,
Can you hear my heart
in my words?
Acceptance is when I'm understood.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2013, 05:49 AM   #24
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

One of the many reasons i come to this site is because like many people i crave human connection. It's a place where i can share my poetry, my enjoyment of erotica, compare notes with other folks, connect with people who share my interests, offer advice or insight with my limited understanding. And maybe meet someone who would like to be my better half. It has been an exercise in futility for me. Instead i spend too much time avoiding living my life and my responsibility to my self. Expecting to find answers to questions in each post i make or read seems rather silly now...

This current health issue has really knocked me on my ass this time. Perhaps it is a blessing that i don't have a partner as i face this challenge. It would be an even worse situation if someone was here today, loving me, and facing the possibility of a worse case scenario. It is better that i am alone at this point in my life. It amazes me how much i have had to deal with in the last several years, and how i have continued to keep laughing and pushing forward, believing that just around the corner things will smooth out, things will get better, i will find my Sparky (that's right, there was never a Sparky, and still isn't a Sparky) to share my life with, through thick and thin, rich or poor, just like in the movies. Being part of the Mass Media Generation has it's drawbacks, and the biggest one is how it fuels our fantasy that the perfect " (fill in the blank) " is ours for the asking or wishing or even worse, that we are entitled to having it all. It keeps us from enjoying the moment in our hands, which is really all there is. this moment.. right now. There are moments of great clarity at times when the "living in the moment" understanding hits me in the solar plexus and i snap awake for a few minutes and revel in the bliss of really feeling alive and connected to the Universe and everything in it.... but holding on is something else again......... it slips away as quickly as it came.

There are several folks i have met here that i would not trade for anything. Their total support of me and compassion and understanding have kept me going more times than i can count. I would name drop but i don't want to embarrass anyone, you know who you are.

I need a break, don't know what kind of break, what it looks like, or how it sounds or acts, i just know i need a break. So I'm going to spend some quality time with myself and see if i can allow it to happen naturally instead of forcing it like i usually do. I'm feeling raw, skinless and without shelter from the approaching storm. Time to sit on the bare ground and listen to the beating heart of my mother.

To those of you who enjoy reading my marathon posts, thanks for your lovely words of support. You touched my heart profoundly.

I wrote this 3 years ago.... and nothing has changed since then. Today is the first anniversary of my heart attack and on June 1st the anniversary of my quadruple bypass. I'm in the same place. Broken heart, real and imaginary. Without human companionship, homeless, drifting in a sea of indifference and apathy. Struggling to move, put the next foot foward, plaster a fake smile on my face, be perky for the cameras. I'm so exhausted from being the emotional punching bag I have become. I feel like I can no longer fight back or flee the position I have put myself in. My reserves are tapped. I have reached out again and again. Am not doing it again until my reserve tanks are full. Now I have an understanding of how Moses might have felt searching for the Promised Land for 40 years. I've been doing the same thing. At 16 full of hope and joy looking towards what might be, to today.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2013, 04:38 PM   #25
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Default Happy Anti versary

07 cancer scare
08 retired, lost mother
09 16 y ltr ended, lost aunt, blood clot
10 another cancer scare
11 moved, left, came back
12 heart attack, surgery
13 cancer scare. ya. today.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #26
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post
07 cancer scare
08 retired, lost mother
09 16 y ltr ended, lost aunt, blood clot
10 another cancer scare
11 moved, left, came back
12 heart attack, surgery
13 cancer scare. ya. today.
July 5th, 2013... a cyst they say ... come back in six months.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #27
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Default D Day

My Mother's house was always clean, something cooking, or baking, and every six months the smell of her secret wood conditioner. Yes, I have the recipe now.

I love a clean comfy home. Fresh fruit or flowers, garlic garland hanging in the kitchen window over the sink. A soft cat purring on an antique quilt as I sip a cup of ginger tea. My sketch book on my lap, pages filled with notes, ideas, drawings of future clay projects.v
Old 07-08-2013, 11:05 PM   #28
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Default D Day

My Mother's house was always clean, something cooking, or baking, and every six months the smell of her secret wood conditioner. Yes, I have the recipe now.

I love a clean comfy home. Fresh fruit or flowers, garlic garland hanging in the kitchen window over the sink. A soft cat purring on an antique quilt as I sip a cup of ginger tea. My sketch book on my lap, pages filled with notes, ideas, drawings of future clay projects.

Today I shampooed two large area rugs, wool with lovely floral designs. I wrestled a seven foot couch outside, it's old unclean, filled with odors accumulated from decades of living in a family room. It's past it's prime. I know, don't tell my surgeon. I vaccumed the cat hair covered fluffy chairs, moved them into the den. Moved the 50's bamboo end table between them so there is a place for resting a coffee mug in the morning.

Took down the tacky ruffled curtains, replaced them, it's starting to look like a human being lives here, I thought to myself.

She wept over the old couch. I helped drag it back into the living room. Don't tell my surgeon, he will be angry at me for straining my chest muscles again.

A clean comfy home, doesn't everyone want one?

Guess not. I'm being egocentric again. Is there an app for that?

I love a clean comfy home. Fresh air, flowers and fruit, something baking, ginger tea ....
Old 08-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #29
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Well, it's not working. I've done everything I know how to do. Prayed, asked forgiveness, meditated, cried, written letters, poetry, stories, dreamed a way out, a way back.

Focused on moving out of my fantasy, hoped for best, expected nothing.

And that's just what happened. Nothing.

So I surrender to a power greater than myself.

Love.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2013, 11:38 PM   #30
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post
Well, it's not working. I've done everything I know how to do. Prayed, asked forgiveness, meditated, cried, written letters, poetry, stories, dreamed a way out, a way back.

Focused on moving out of my fantasy, hoped for best, expected nothing.

And that's just what happened. Nothing.

So I surrender to a power greater than myself.

Love.

People see the beauty in you!!!!!!

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #31
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

I have been doing some soul searching lately. Although the Epiphany Fairy has been sitting on my head pointing things out to me, with gales of laughter, it's been at times pretty painful. It occurred to me the reason for discord and missed opportunity in my relationships is my beliefs, expectations, desire, and seeing failings in others that are simply reflections of my failures. I can only recognize many of my issues when someone else is brave enough to show them to me.

Thank you, I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you, I love you, .....
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #32
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Looks like my dreams are over, the insulation is making no dent in the heat factor and there is no way I can live in it comfortably. It won't be protection for the cold either. My mosaic tile work has fallen off the risers. Putting radiant barrier on the windows did nothing to stop the heat build up. Farmers almanac says we are going to get a nasty cold winter here in the far south.

I'm so screwed.

Lol, and ... oh the hell with it. Why do I even bother posting about it? It's not like it matters to anyone but me.

Okie dokie, gonna drive Grace to the storage unit and empty it out. Should be a great day to visit the er later today. I'll see you guys on the other side.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #33
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Year five. Might as well be zero hour.
I see her when I glance in the mirror.
Soft brown peppered with white.
pale flesh on tired bones.

She died again last night.
Every night for the last week.
I resist the pull of my nest
Resist the ache between my ribs.

Centimeter from collapsing again.
Ocean of tears pushing,
against the levy
protecting my broken heart.

she loved me,
she loved me not.
i loved her,
i loved her not.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #34
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/1604076631/ref=cm_sw_r_an_am_at_ws_us?ie=UTF8"]Freedom from Pain: Discover Your Body's Power to Overcome Physical Pain: Peter A. Levine, Maggie Phillips: 9781604076639: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]
Old 12-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #35
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

there once was a honey named JAGG
who hated all cats and their mew

he wanted a Lady to shag
but none would be his muse

JAGG pondered and pondered
but never wandered
far from his empty lair.

missing the pleasure
of hair in his bed
tickling his fancy fair.

Old 01-25-2014, 12:19 AM   #36
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Lately I have pondered why shit happens the way it does. I think it happens the best, most expedient way possible to get our undivided attention. Extreme measures happen when we hit a super low point in our lives.

It's the beginning of our new dawn to a rainbow of riches beyond our reach in mundane circumstance.

Embrace the rainbow. Live the rainbow. BE the rainbow.

*cue music ......"Somewhere .....over the rainboooow. w.w.w...."
Old 02-05-2014, 07:37 PM   #37
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Will you miss the sound of my voice
" Good morning My Love, here's your coffee."

Will you miss the soft touch of my hands
rubbing your sore back, brushing that lock of hair back.

Will you crave the warmth of my soft body
curled around your strong form our hearts whispering softly.

Will you crave the way I kiss your sweet mouth tenderly
occasional nibbles of your lower lip.

Will you heave a sigh of regret or longing
when you step into empty rooms.

Will you miss me?
Old 02-15-2014, 07:01 AM   #38
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Default Love shack Baby!!

It has finally penetrated my dense skull. Seems I am cupid. I would have never guessed in a zillion years! I love to talk to everyone. Share giggles, recipes, jokes, and at the point I feel like I want more than a pm or visitor message I take a risky leap of promise.

I always ask if they are involved or hopeful about someone, don't want to muddy the water, or interfere with someone's life. After many assurances I continue, assured that no one will get hurt.

And without fail, in a short bit of time, they are hitched to their dream girl.

It's not me.

So I have concluded that I, ladies and gents, am Cupid.

Looking for your true one and only Love?

Let me know. After we chat for a bit, she will magically appear!
Old 03-13-2014, 07:15 PM   #39
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

I AM.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:00 PM   #40
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Ah sweet Butterscotch,
hard candy
sweet against my tongue

Ah sweet Cowboy
gently rocking rolling
on Stallion Bay

Ah sweet gentleman
at last our time is come

Breathing in tandom
hearts in sync
spooning dreaming

Riding waves of bliss