Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
Here is one thing I do not understand at all, what is a Terf? I read the article and didn't get what was going on... Someone care to explain... And what is with this violence? Personally, I do not accept violence as a valid solution to any conflict.
I read it as well and it confused me too. I know what a terf is but the violence within the gltbqi community is ridiculous.

Terf is a trans exclusionary radical feminist.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2018, 10:02 AM   #642
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Default Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminism

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
I read it as well and it confused me too. I know what a terf is but the violence within the gltbqi community is ridiculous.

Terf is a trans exclusionary radical feminist.
Thanks, JDeere; okay, so I finally googled Wikipedia:

"They are, in short, a hate group that by no means represents mainstream feminism."

Ah, I now get that their violence is motivated by hatred - absolutely horrid. First, I learned about the incel movement because of the Toronto van killings, and now this! Am stunned!
Women grouping together (vigilantism) & beating up transfolk - mind-boggling.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2018, 10:06 AM   #643
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
Thanks, JDeere; okay, so I finally googled Wikipedia:

"They are, in short, a hate group that by no means represents mainstream feminism."

Ah, I now get that their violence is motivated by hatred - absolutely horrid. First, I learned about the incel movement because of the Toronto van killings, and now this! Am stunned!
Women grouping together (vigilantism) & beating up transfolk - mind-boggling.
There have been transfolk who have beat up on TERF'S as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2018, 10:40 AM   #644
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I really have not wanted to talk about this here.

I have no way of knowing how it would be received here but it is a very, very, big issue out in the rest of the lesbian world.

There are blogs upon blogs and posts in Tumblr and Twitter and forums, of a large group of transwomen advocating violence against lesbians that chose to not have sex with them, but chose to have sex only with biologically female lesbians.

I have seen and could post here- but won't- of some of the most vicious calls for violence against lesbians, as well as documented celebrations of actual violence against lesbians.

It has become a "thing" in the world outside of BFP.

It upsets me beyond measure.

TERF is a slur. It is a vile slur.

It is once again women being attacked.

You won't find gay men being attacked verbally or physically by transmen if they chose to have sex with only biologically gay men.

No, Only lesbians get this treatment.

What JDeere is referring to is the most recent experience in which a lesbian in a bar made a comment pereceived to be anti-transwomen, so a group of her friends, including the transwoman, beat the shit out of the lesbian outside the bar and then celebrated that they did this online afterward. I read all of their posts.

What the everlasting fuck??!

After all the years that lesbians fought for their right to exist and fuck who they choose, lesbians are being verbally and physically attacked within the queer community?

It feels to many lesbians that there is an attempt to erase us.

BFP has been a safe place for me. I have not had to deal with this here but out in the rest of the real world and the online community it is now happening.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2018, 03:49 PM   #645
Femmewench

How Do You Identify?:
Casual Femme Saphiosexual
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Divorced

Thanked 1,277 Times in 331 Posts
Femmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST Reputation

I was so eloquent in my first version of this post. Then the ether ate it.

TERF (Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminist) is to MtFs as incel (involuntarily celibate - men who can't find women willing to have sex with them) is to men. I don't owe anyone sex. To say that I do is to take away my right of self-determination.

And incels are talking online about getting what is owed to them - by force if necessary. This sounds remarkably similar to the group of MtFs who allegedly beat up the lesbian in the article. Give them what they want or they'll punish us. The first would be rape, and the second is battery. The amount of anger I felt reading that article stunned me.

Both reek to me of male privilege gone wrong. It's not the fact that the physical transition for the trans woman in the article isn't complete that ensures lesbians find her unattractive. It's the fact that anyone expects someone to have sex with them that makes them unattractive.

TERF is a term applied to us not adopted by us. And that slur doesn't effect me at all because it's not a descriptor of me. It does tell me all I would need to know about someone who uses the term.

I can't imagine living in a body which doesn't match my internal knowledge of my real self. It's not an excuse to belittle others or hurt others.

If I offended anyone with this post, please PM me. It was not my intent.
Old 06-08-2018, 04:03 PM   #646
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femmewench View Post
I was so eloquent in my first version of this post. Then the ether ate it.

TERF (Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminist) is to MtFs as incel (involuntarily celibate - men who can't find women willing to have sex with them) is to men. I don't owe anyone sex. To say that I do is to take away my right of self-determination.

And incels are talking online about getting what is owed to them - by force if necessary. This sounds remarkably similar to the group of MtFs who allegedly beat up the lesbian in the article. Give them what they want or they'll punish us. The first would be rape, and the second is battery. The amount of anger I felt reading that article stunned me.

Both reek to me of male privilege gone wrong. It's not the fact that the physical transition for the trans woman in the article isn't complete that ensures lesbians find her unattractive. It's the fact that anyone expects someone to have sex with them that makes them unattractive.

TERF is a term applied to us not adopted by us. And that slur doesn't effect me at all because it's not a descriptor of me. It does tell me all I would need to know about someone who uses the term.

I can't imagine living in a body which doesn't match my internal knowledge of my real self. It's not an excuse to belittle others or hurt others.

If I offended anyone with this post, please PM me. It was not my intent.
Thank you for this.

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2018, 07:25 PM   #647
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I think the bloodlust is disgusting. Someone doesn't get someone else's identity so the solution is to beat them down the next time they come to the bar? I think that someone should have cooled their heels in a jail cell for that. What's wrong with debate and education?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2018, 07:45 PM   #648
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I think the bloodlust is disgusting. Someone doesn't get someone else's identity so the solution is to beat them down the next time they come to the bar? I think that someone should have cooled their heels in a jail cell for that. What's wrong with debate and education?
No clue. I was completely appalled at the whole situation in the article. I still have yet to fully understand.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2018, 08:05 PM   #649
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

This is the first I have heard of TERF. It's horrible. It seems like hate is rampant these days. I suppose it was always there we just didn't have all the means of hearing about it as we do now.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2018, 03:41 PM   #650
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post
This is the first I have heard of TERF. It's horrible. It seems like hate is rampant these days. I suppose it was always there we just didn't have all the means of hearing about it as we do now.
I've known of TERFS for a very long time. Dont like em probably as much as they don't like me but ya know violence only makes shit worse.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2018, 03:58 PM   #651
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Quote:
I've known of TERFS for a very long time. Dont like em probably as much as they don't like me but ya know violence only makes shit worse.
TERFS are what lesbians are called that choose to have relationships with female born women.

They are called that by queer-identified transwomen that believe violence against lesbians that do not have sex with them is called for.

Is that what you mean when you say that you have known TERFS for a long time and don't like them?

TERF is a slur.

~Washington Post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2018, 08:12 PM   #652
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post

TERF is a slur.
I hadn't heard the term before JDeere's article. If the energy that people use to tear others down was collected and applied to positive ventures, do you (general collective you) realize how far we could go as a nation and humankind?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2018, 08:26 PM   #653
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Hold up, folks.

I am getting messages and reports because several folks are very concerned about where this discussion is going...and I am too.

Just to be clear, this thread is a thread for Trans News and Issues. It does not feel safe or fair to have the "TERF" discussion in this thread since that term is being used to describe people who largely identify as Lesbians.

From my own studies, the usage of "TERF" has denoted Lesbians who are "Trans-exclusionary" from their brand of "Radical Feminism", meaning, they DO NOT view MtF's as "real" women. One could make the argument ( and I have seen it in multiple venues) that not seeing Trans women as "real" women is the real reason that Trans-exclusionists don't want to have sex with them.

Do we all agree that nobody of any gender owes sex to another person? God, I hope so. If not, get the fuck off of my site.

I would absolutely be down for having an in-depth, heated, radical discussion about the term "TERF" in the Red Zone, but not here.

Carry on.

Thank you,
Angie
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2018, 08:30 PM   #654
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Hold up, folks.

I am getting messages and reports because several folks are very concerned about where this discussion is going...and I am too.

Just to be clear, this thread is a thread for Trans News and Issues. It does not feel safe or fair to have the "TERF" discussion in this thread since that term is being used to describe people who largely identify as Lesbians.

From my own studies, the usage of "TERF" has denoted Lesbians who are "Trans-exclusionary" from their brand of "Radical Feminism", meaning, they DO NOT view MtF's as "real" women. One could make the argument ( and I have seen it in multiple venues) that not seeing Trans women as "real" women is the real reason that Trans-exclusionists don't want to have sex with them.

Do we all agree that nobody of any gender owes sex to another person? God, I hope so. If not, get the fuck off of my site.

I would absolutely be down for having an in-depth, heated, radical discussion about the term "TERF" in the Red Zone, but not here.

Carry on.

Thank you,
Angie
Red zone is fine with me. My purpose was to bring to life the fact that this still exists and that the trans community should know shit like this still happens.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:50 PM   #655
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Just a gentle reminder to all that if we mod, please don't respond on the thread to it. If you want to PM us regarding it, that's alright.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2018, 10:44 AM   #656
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default 2018 LGBTQ Pride News Coverage @ Huffpost

I'm leaving an link today to some exceptional news coverage and latest articles found on the Huffington Post website. Lots of interesting stories about how current day activists and LGBTQ pioneers are shaping progress for others in the Trans community and how Matthew Shepherd policy advocates play an critical role in furthering social progress for all.

Cheers,
--K.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/feature/pride-2018
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:58 PM   #657
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,089 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Interesting article on sex/gender development

Hi folks! I've just come across this article entitled "Non-coding DNA changes the genitals you're born with" on the Science Daily website:http://https://www.sciencedaily.com/...0614213729.htm

It's a fascinating and thought-provoking read!
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:50 PM   #658
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme nha Maire View Post
Hi folks! I've just come across this article entitled "Non-coding DNA changes the genitals you're born with" on the Science Daily website:http://https://www.sciencedaily.com/...0614213729.htm

It's a fascinating and thought-provoking read!
Really would like to read this article, there seems to
be some difficulty with the link. Would you be so kind
as to check and repost. Thanx
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:46 AM   #659
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,089 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Sure! That's weird, two posts in a row where I've posted links and they've not come out right. Never mind!

Here's the link again: https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0614213729.htm
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:34 AM   #660
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme nha Maire View Post
Sure! That's weird, two posts in a row where I've posted links and they've not come out right. Never mind!

Here's the link again: https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0614213729.htm
Works great now. Much appreciated. Really interesting article.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote