Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 04-23-2011, 04:43 PM   #61
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Happy Easter to All!

I wish you all a wonderful, fun-filled, peacefull day. God bless each and everyone here.

Namaste,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2011, 05:41 PM   #62
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

...just to clarify more about Judaism. Chasidism is not a mainstream "level" of Judaism. It's really outside of the practice of mainstream Judaism. One online definition states (thefreedictionary.com):

n. pl. Ha·si·dim or Has·si·dim also Chas·si·dim (ä-sdm, ō-, hä-)
A member of a Jewish mystic movement founded in the 18th century in eastern Europe by Baal Shem Tov that reacted against Talmudic learning and maintained that God's presence was in all of one's surroundings and that one should serve God in one's every deed and word.

It is not a single movement, but varies in many ways from one Eastern European community to another. If you live in NYC, you will see different styles of dress and traditions which are very much associated with different regions.

Orthodox, Conservative, Reform, and Reconstructionist Judaism are distinguished by differences in ideology and interpretation. One who practices any of these types of Judaism is no less religious than another, though. If you practice faithfully what you believe, then you are religious. But, an Orthodox Jew is much more traditional than a Reform Jew. If you're Orthodox, you might dismiss the other practices of Judaism as invalid. But, not necessarily. There is much room in Judaism for questioning.

Thank you for letting me fill in the blanks a little, so that understanding can be a little clearer.

Lynn
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2011, 06:47 AM   #63
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post

Happy Easter to All!

I wish you all a wonderful, fun-filled, peacefull day. God bless each and everyone here.

Namaste,
Andrew
Peace, Grace, and Love in the name of Jesus Christ also to you, my brother. Happy Passover and Resurrection Day to all.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2011, 07:13 AM   #64
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation
Default Bump For Mary

The Queen of Heaven is misunderstood. It's a shame too because she is the mother to us all. She brings peace, healing, and love to all who come near her.Imagine the perfect mother....now multiply that times one-thousand. In order to birth Love, one has to be Love itself. One day we will all understand her role. Hopefully, that day will be very soon. Without deep love and honor for the female aspect of Divinity, the world can never be complete. The Mother's love is truly a gift.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2011, 10:49 AM   #65
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to "hey you" (either works for me!)
Relationship Status:
19 years together- Very Married for 10 years

Thanked 1,196 Times in 355 Posts
citybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Happy Eostre! Happy Passover! Happy Easter!

"The Easter Bunny is not actually a ‘bunny’ or rabbit at all, but is actually a hare. The hare was the sacred animal of Eostre (or Oestra or Ostera), the ancient Teutonic Goddess of the Spring Moon. At the time of the vernal equinox (March or April) the hares are famed for going ‘mad’ and it was at this time of the year that out of character for its species, one of Eostre’s hares laid an egg. Not just any old egg, but the Egg of New Life - the Easter Egg. But surely Easter is a Christian festival marking Jesus Christ’s resurrection after dying on the cross, and not ceremonial to a Pagan hare-headed goddess? Well, actually it’s both. Following debate at the Synod of Whitby in the 5th Century, the ‘Christian Easter’ is destined to fall roughly around the same time as the ‘Pagan Easter’ due to its association to the Judaic Passover which is also fixed by the lunar cycle. Both festivals could also be said to reflect new life, either Christ’s return from the dead or the blossom and birth of Spring. So it was not much of a stretch for the ascending Christian Church to merge both festivals. This is known as ‘assimilation’ and was a habit frequently employed in those times and these isles to ease and encourage rather than force the conversion of heathens. Perhaps it is a little surprising, however, that the pagan name was retained."

http://beautiful-grotesque.posterous...ra-oh-just-pas

Take care of your body, take care of your health... You never know when the walls cave in and it all changes for good.
citybutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #66
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

citybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Feeling the renewal of all things today!

Christ Is Risen

Christ is Risen! Life is renewed and I am grateful.

Jesus, our Way Shower, lived a life of overcoming. Through awareness of his eternal nature and oneness with God, Jesus demonstrated mastery even over death. His followers were amazed and overjoyed as they recognized the risen Christ Jesus.

Easter is a celebration of the resurrection. With joy, I acknowledge the rising of my own Christ nature. Following the teachings of Jesus, I overcome trials of doubt and fear that may have darkened my mind. One with the overcoming power of Christ, I rise and shake off the past. Any stone of despair lying heavy on my heart rolls away in the bright morning light. Guided by my inner Christ Presence, I joyfully walk in the newness of life.

Just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.--Romans 6:4

http://www.dailyword.com/

Take care of your body, take care of your health... You never know when the walls cave in and it all changes for good.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:54 PM   #67
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad.

Alleluia!
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 04:45 AM   #68
storyofmylife

How Do You Identify?:
silly femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly,Madly,Deeply Engaged ♥♡

storyofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart, I will enter His courts with praise....

I hope everyone has a Blessed day!
storyofmylife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to storyofmylife For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 08:40 AM   #69
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

"So long as we are infatuated with the promise of technology and power, we remain largely deaf to the realm of Spirit. We are entranced, instead, by the narrow realm of ego, a fragment thinking it stands alone and seeking endlessly to be a whole while simutaneously turning its back on that from which it manifests and which sustains it."-Gus DiZerega, Pagan writer/blogger

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 07:45 AM   #70
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Gratitude

I am grateful for everyone and everything.

As I awake, I take a deep, body-filling breath in and out. With each breath, I express love and gratitude for the new day and the many opportunities that await me. Gratitude and praise open the way for greater joy and richer life experiences.

Appreciation fills me with vitality and enthusiasm. I feel renewed and filled with life's energy. My heart is open and receptive to new experiences, knowing that whatever comes my way, I will see and feel the good in it.

As I go about the activities of my day, I feel myself swaying with the rhythm of love and gratitude. I audibly say, "Thank you!" as if the whole world could hear it, and I imagine it responding back to me, "You are welcome!"

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me. --Psalm 103:1

http://www.dailyword.com/dailyword/51915

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #71
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Doors

I confidently open the door to my good.

A door can be a symbol either of freedom or of bondage, depending upon my viewpoint. Some closed doors are opened with the turn of a doorknob, others must be opened with a key, while others require only a push.

When a door appears closed, some action on my part may be necessary. Faith may be needed to turn the knob; prayer may be the key to unlock the door; willingness and persistence may supply the push to open it.

A door is a meaningful symbol, for it represents both leaving and entering. Some doors lead away from a phase of my life that is complete. Through others I enter a new phase or untried path. Today I confidently open the door to my good.

Look, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut.--Revelation 3:8

Old 05-04-2011, 07:52 AM   #72
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default Live in the moment....

Mindfulness

I am mindful of the presence of God within and all about me.

Mindfulness is a spiritual practice that leads to a richer life experience. It infuses ordinary activities with love and joy. When I am mindful of my relationships, I become fully present with my loved ones, listening with love and sharing from my heart. When I am mindful of my physical well-being, I hold thoughts of health and wholeness. When I am mindful of my finances, I appreciate my prosperity and give thanks by sharing from my abundance.

When I am mindful of the presence of God within and all about me, I am more patient, loving and kind to myself and others. Mindful living allows me to enjoy all that life offers, one moment at a time.

For the Lord their God will be mindful of them and restore their fortunes. --Zephaniah 2:7

As I opened the webpage this morning.... the news was on and they had a bit on Mindfulness... at exactly the same moment!!

Old 05-04-2011, 07:54 AM   #73
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default I need to get the hint!

7. Right Mindfulness

Right Mindfulness traditionally is the seventh part of the Eightfold Path of Buddhism, but that doesn't mean it is seventh in importance. Each part of the path supports the other seven parts, and so they should be thought of as connected in a circle or woven into a web rather than stacked as if in an order of progression.

Zen teacher Thich Nhat Hanh says that Right Mindfulness is at the heart of the Buddha's teaching. "When Right Mindfulness is present, the Four Noble Truths and the other seven elements of the Eightfold Path are also present." (The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching, p. 59)

What Is Mindfulness?

The Pali word for "mindfulness" is sati (in Sanskrit, smriti). Sati can also mean "retention," "recollection," or "alertness." Mindfulness is a whole-body-and-mind awareness of the present moment. To be mindful is to be fully present, not lost in daydreams, anticipation, indulgences, or worry.

Mindfulness also means observing and releasing habits of mind that maintain the illusion of a separate self. This includes dropping the mental habit of judging everything according to whether we like it or not. Being fully mindful means being fully attentive to everything as-it-is, not filtering everything through our subjective opinions.

Why Mindfulness Is Important

It's important to understand Buddhism as a discipline or process rather than as a belief system. The Buddha did not teach doctrines about enlightenment, but rather taught people how to realize enlightenment themselves. And the way we realize enlightenment is through direct experience. It is through mindfulness that we experience directly, with no mental filters or psychological barriers between us and what is experienced.

The Ven. Henepola Gunaratana, a Theravada Buddhist monk and teacher, explains in the book Voices of Insight (edited by Sharon Salzberg) that mindfulness is essential to help us see beyond symbols and concepts. "Mindfulness is pre-symbolic. It is not shackled to logic," he says. "The actual experi*ence lies beyond the words and above the symbols."

Mindfulness and Meditation

The sixth, seventh and eighth parts of the Eightfold Path -- Right Effort, Right Mindfulness, and Right Concentration -- together are the mental development needed to release us from suffering.

Meditation is practiced in many schools of Buddhism as part of mental development. The Sanskrit word for meditation, bhavana, means "mental culture," and all forms of Buddhist meditation involve mindfulness. In particular, shamatha ("peaceful dwelling") meditation develops mindfulness; people sitting in shamatha train themselves to stay alert to the present moment, observing and then releasing thoughts instead of chasing them. Satipatthana vipassana meditation is a similar practice found in Theravada Buddhism that is primarily about developing mindfulness.

In recent years there has been a growing interest in mindfulness meditation as part of psychotherapy. Some psychotherapists find that mindfulness meditation as an adjunct to counseling and other treatments can help troubled people learn to release negative emotions and thought habits.

Four Frames of Reference

The Buddha said there are four frames of reference in mindfulness:

1. Mindfulness of body (kayasati).
2. Mindfulness of feelings or sensations (vedanasati).
3. Mindfulness of mind or mental processes (cittasati).
4. Mindfulness of mental objects or qualities (dhammasati).

Have you ever suddenly just noticed that you had a headache, or that your hands were cold, and realized you'd been feeling these things for a while but weren't paying attention? Mindfulness of body is just the opposite of that; being fully aware of your body, your extremities, your bones, your muscles. And the same thing goes for the other frames of reference -- being fully aware of sensations, aware of your mental processes, aware of the phenomena all around you.

The teachings of the Five Skandhas are related to this, and are worth reviewing as you begin to work with mindfulness.

Three Fundamental Activities

The Venerable Gunaratana says mindfulness comprises three fundamental activities.

1. Mindfulness reminds us of what we are supposed to be doing. If we are sitting in meditation, it brings us back to the focus of meditation. If we are washing dishes, it reminds us to pay full attention to washing the dishes.
2. In mindfulness, we see things as they really are. The Venerable Gunaratana writes that our thoughts have a way of pasting over reality, and concepts and ideas distort what we experience.

3. Mindfulness sees the true nature of phenomena. In particular, through mindfulness we directly see the three characteristics or marks of existence -- it is imperfect, temporary and egoless.

Practicing Mindfulness

Changing the mental habits and conditioning of a lifetime is not easy. And this training is not something that only happens during meditation, but throughout the day.

If you have a daily chanting practice, chanting in a focused, fully attentive way is mindfulness training. It can also be helpful to choose a particular activity such as preparing a meal, cleaning the floors, or taking a walk, and make an effort to be fully mindful of the task as you perform it. In time you will find yourself paying more attention to everything.

Zen teachers say that if you miss the moment, you miss your life. How much of our lives have we missed? Be mindful!

http://buddhism.about.com/od/theeigh...indfulness.htm

Old 05-04-2011, 11:21 AM   #74
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

We do not use only our voices and our lips when we sing a song. We utter an inner song because there is in us Someone who listens. ~ St. Augustine

Prayer:

Dear Father, let me sing Your praises with all that I am, with all that I think, say, or do. Grant that my whole being in life will reflect Your abiding presence within me to everyone I encounter.

Amen.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #75
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

Today is the Nat'l Day of Prayer. I hope everyone had some time to spend with their creator.

Glory to God in the highest, and peace to all of His people on earth.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:07 PM   #76
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Mother's Blessing

I bless my mother and all mothers around the world.

We are all born out of the energy of Divine Love. Like a million tiny seeds blown across the earth, each of us takes root to grow into a unique expression of the one Love that created us.

Whether the seed of my being landed on a soft fertile place or a rocky path, I was created out of Love and I am an expression of Love. I give thanks for the womb that gave me life and the love that supported my growth. My eyes are opened to see anew all the love I have received. Strong and gentle, liberating and supportive, love has nurtured my growth. Whether the mother who gave me these gifts of love is with me now or not, I send a blessing of loving gratitude to her today.

Your mother was like a vine in a vineyard ..., fruitful and full of branches. --Ezekiel 19:10

The Following User Says Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 08:45 PM   #77
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

Thanks be to God for all mothers.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #78
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

I hope everyone is doing well here.

Namaste,
Andrew
Old 05-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #79
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

8. Right Concentration:

In modern terms, we might call the Buddha's Eightfold Path an eight-part program toward realizing enlightenment and liberating ourselves from dukkha (suffering; stress). Right Concentration (in Pali, Samma Samadhi) is the eighth part of the path.

It's important to understand that the Eightfold Path is not an eight-step program. In other words, the eight parts of the path are not steps to be mastered one at a time. They are to be practiced all together, and each part of the path supports every other part of the path. The entire Eightfold Path is:

1. Right View
2. Right Intention
3. Right Speech
4. Right Action
5. Right Livelihood
6. Right Effort
7. Right Mindfulness
8. Right Concentration

Right Effort, Right Mindfulness, and Right Concentration are all associated with mental discipline. These three aspects of the path might sound somewhat alike, especially mindfulness and concentration. Very basically,

* Right Effort involves cultivating what is wholesome and purifying oneself of what is unwholesome.
* Right Mindfulness is being fully present and aware of one's body, senses, thoughts, and surroundings. It is the opposite of being lost in daydreams.
* Right Concentration is focusing all of one's mental faculties onto one physical or mental object and practicing the Four Absorptions, also called the Four Dhyanas (Sanskrit) or Four Jhanas (Pali).

The Role of Meditation

Right Concentration is most often associated with meditation. In Sanskrit and Pali, the word for meditation is bhavana, which means "mental culture." Buddhist bhavana is not a relaxation practice, nor is it about having visions or out-of-body experiences. As explained by the Theravadin scholar Walpola Rahula,

The Buddhist bhavana, properly speaking, is mental culture in the full sense of the term. It aims at cleansing the mind of impurities and disturbances, such as lustful desires, hatred, ill-will, indolence, worries and restlessness, sceptical doubts, and cultivating such qualities as concentration, awareness, intelligence, will, energy, the analytical faculty, confidence, joy, tranquility, leading finally to the attainment of highest wisdom which sees the nature of things as they are, and realizes the Ultimate Truth, Nirvana." [Walpola Rahula, What the Buddha Taught (Grove Press, 1974), p. 68]

Bhavana really involves all parts of the Eightfold Path, but the particular role of Right Concentration has to do with the dhyanas.
The Four Dhyanas (or Jhanas)

The Four Dhyanas, Jhanas, or Absorptions are the means to experience directly the wisdom of the Buddha's teachings. In particular, through Right Concentration we can be freed from the delusion of a separate self.

In the first dhyana, passions, desires and unwholesome thoughts (see akusala) are released. A person dwelling in the first dhyana feels rapture and a deep sense of well-being.

In the second dhyana, intellectual activity fades and is replaced by tranquility and one-pointedness of mind. The rapture and sense of well-being of the first dhyana are still present.

In the third dhyana, the rapture fades and is replaced by equanimity (upekkha) and great clarity.

In the fourth dhyana, all sensation ceases and only mindful equanimity remains.

In some schools of Buddhism, the fourth dhyana is described as pure experience with no "experiencer." Through this direct experience, one perceives the individual, separate self to be an illusion.
The Four Immaterial States

In Theravada and probably some other schools of Buddhism, after the Four Dhyanas come the Four Immaterial States. This practice is understood as going beyond mental discipline and actually refining the objects of concentration themselves. The purpose of this practice is to eliminate all visualizations and other sensations that may remain after the dhyanas.

In the four Immaterial States, one first refines infinite space, then infinite consciousness, then non-materiality, then neither perception-nor-not-perception. The work at this level is enormously subtle.

So is this enlightenment? Not quite yet, some teachers say. In other schools, it is understood that enlightenment is already present, and Right Concentration is a means for realizing this.

http://buddhism.about.com/od/theeigh...centration.htm

Old 05-10-2011, 03:28 PM   #80
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybutch View Post
Stillness

I am renewed in the stillness between thoughts.

When I enter into meditation, I may find my thoughts tumbling and stumbling over one another in an attempt to be recognized. The most refreshing moments in meditation are those moments of silence--the serene space of stillness in between thoughts.

To create that space, I acknowledge and recognize each thought, but I do not dwell on my thoughts. I gently release them or set them aside. I honor the healing space between thoughts, the stillness which renews and energizes me. Gradually, that space widens and I go deeper into the silence where I am in communion with the essence of my being, the Spirit within.

For God alone my soul waits in silence, for my hope is from him. --Psalm 62:5

I find stillness and truly being in the moment the most connected I can feel. I've walked so many paths and tried so many things that have names and labels. Being one with all, still, in the moment does it for me.

I also have a spiritual experience every time I sit on my porch with a glass a wine, looking over my farm and listening to the waterfall in my fountain.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post: