Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

I believe the documentary "The House I Live In" is streaming on Netflix now. Great documentary, if you get a chance to view it.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #42
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,372 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deirdre View Post
I started watching Alphas and liked it, but just couldn't get hooked like I did with Fringe. I am terrible with cliff-hanging, which is probably because I'm anxious enough as it is, so I usually don't watch constant-cliffhanger shows. That said, almost every show is like that now, so...

As far as my Netflix watching:

Nothing. I think I've watched everything on Netflix. Twice. So I hope they update their catalog soon! If I keep seeing the same recommendations for things I have already watched, I am going to stab myself in the face with a fork.

And then do it again.
Yes, I agree about both the fork X2, and that Fringe is better. I toggle between both Netflix & Amazon, to lesson the desire for the fork.

You got me thinking about the cliffhanger trend. That is so true. Having come from a childhood of enjoying programs like (some of them re-runs) Little House on the Prairie,
Andy Griffith, Magnum PI, Simon & Simon, The Waltons etc, current American television shows tend to bring on a bit of stress.

*Small rant*

For me, that would be acceptable, if there was some guarantee of closure to a final season cliffhanger, when they cancel a series. I seriously feel that the FCC should make this a law. People invest time in 40 minute television series over several seasons, which for those who watch on cable, include 20 minutes of repetitive commercials (don't do the math of how much time you spend watching commercials while watching cable, because the fork desire will increase), and there should be some fucking consideration for their loyalty as viewers.

*End rant*

One of the big reasons I enjoy streaming so much, is that I can wait until there are several seasons of a show available, and I then I don't have to wait to find out what happens next (until I get to the end of the last available season).
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #43
Nic

How Do You Identify?:
Male (FtM)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I am her North and she is my Star.

Nic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST Reputation

We watched Marwencol last night. She'd seen it. I hadn't. I thought it was pretty damned interesting. Followed it up with Exit Through the Gift Shop. We both liked it but she more than I. I kept waiting for Banksy to appear and say "It's me!" LOL
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nic For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #44
Deirdre

How Do You Identify?:
Le Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sugar & Spice (and Merlot)

Deirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
For me, that would be acceptable, if there was some guarantee of closure to a final season cliffhanger, when they cancel a series. I seriously feel that the FCC should make this a law. People invest time in 40 minute television series over several seasons, which for those who watch on cable, include 20 minutes of repetitive commercials (don't do the math of how much time you spend watching commercials while watching cable, because the fork desire will increase), and there should be some fucking consideration for their loyalty as viewers.
Yes. This.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:12 AM   #45
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

The Intouchables

French film (captions) True story.

Have watched Marwencol several times. Art saves lives.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 10:56 PM   #46
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

American Horror Story...I'm on episode 3 and I'm still not convinced that I'll watch the 2 seasons available...I'll have to try a few more episodes out...
The Following User Says Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 11:36 PM   #47
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
American Horror Story...I'm on episode 3 and I'm still not convinced that I'll watch the 2 seasons available...I'll have to try a few more episodes out...
I am curious - where did you find season 2? I only see season 1 on Netflix, but maybe since they are stand alone seasons, they are listed separately?
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2013, 02:26 AM   #48
PoeticSilence

How Do You Identify?:
*dodges labels*
Relationship Status:
Estranged

PoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST Reputation

Finished up some shows, Arrow, and Revolution on HULU.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #49
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I am curious - where did you find season 2? I only see season 1 on Netflix, but maybe since they are stand alone seasons, they are listed separately?
I'm watching it on Amazon streaming.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #50
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I'm watching it on Amazon streaming.
I was checking Amazon to see if you meant the free streaming and .... oh wait, I forgot I own season 2. lol, dork

I bought each episode as it aired last season because I only had basic cable.

Good thing Amazon keeps track of my purchases because apparently I cant even remember buying an entire season of a TV show!
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2015, 10:23 PM   #51
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

I watched this on Netflix last night, I enjoyed it ... Labor Day

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2015, 10:41 PM   #52
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,009 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Unbreakable, the netflix series. Really funny!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2015, 11:40 PM   #53
WildHorses

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch/Big Heart/Rough Edge
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, She, Hym, Whatever, it really does not matter but do NOT call me lady!
Relationship Status:
Crazy over Genesis!

Thanked 2,425 Times in 917 Posts
WildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST Reputation

The Dark Matter of Love

"The Dark Matter of Love," which premiered this week at the Toronto International Film Festival, tells the story of the Diazes of Oregon, Wis., a family struggling to bond with their three adopted children from Russian orphanages.

In "The Dark Matter of Love," McCarthy pulls the curtain back on Claudio and Cheryl Diaz, their teenage daughter Cami and their multiple trips to Russia to adopt Masha, 11 at the time, and twin brothers Vadim and Marcel, 5-year-old firecrackers.

There's another journey related to "The Dark Matter of Love," one every bit as anxious as the Diazes' trips to Russia two years ago.

There's nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it's sent away.

Sarah Kay

WildHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WildHorses For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2015, 11:43 PM   #54
WildHorses

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch/Big Heart/Rough Edge
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, She, Hym, Whatever, it really does not matter but do NOT call me lady!
Relationship Status:
Crazy over Genesis!

Thanked 2,425 Times in 917 Posts
WildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST Reputation

Bag of Bones

Bag of Bones or Stephen King's Bag of Bones, is an American TV horror film adaptation of Stephen King's novel. Directed by Mick Garris from Matt Venne's screenplay, it was first aired in 2011 on the A&E Network in two parts.

Best-selling novelist Mike Noonan and his wife, Jo, are unable to conceive children; Mike conceals that he has a low sperm count. Jo is killed by a bus while crossing a street. As she dies in his arms, Mike notices she bought a pregnancy test, and assumes that she may have been having an affair. Overcome by grief from her death, Mike develops a case of writer's block. He suffers a series of nightmares about his wife and their summer home on Dark Score Lake in Maine. On advice from his brother, Sid, Mike takes a trip to the summer house.

Once there, he meets a young widow named Mattie Devore and her 6-year-old daughter, Kyra. Befriending them, he earns the ire of Mattie's estranged father-in-law Max Devore. Max has been trying to get custody of Kyra since Mattie shot his son Lance (Lance was trying to drown the child). Despite the turmoil, Mike begins to write again, but visions and nightmares lead him to believe he isn't alone. He finds that his wife's spirit is with him. He also detects the spirit of a 1930s singer named Sara Tidwell who plays records of her music. Sara also appears in dreams that Mike has of her last day alive in 1939. During his stay at the lake, Mike learns about "Dark Score Crazy," an apparent form of madness that caused several men in the town to murder their daughters by drowning them.

There's nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it's sent away.

Sarah Kay

WildHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WildHorses For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2015, 11:50 PM   #55
boifrnd

How Do You Identify?:
butch

boifrnd Has the BEST Reputationboifrnd Has the BEST Reputationboifrnd Has the BEST Reputationboifrnd Has the BEST Reputationboifrnd Has the BEST Reputationboifrnd Has the BEST Reputationboifrnd Has the BEST Reputationboifrnd Has the BEST Reputationboifrnd Has the BEST Reputationboifrnd Has the BEST Reputationboifrnd Has the BEST Reputation
Default netflix :)

In the middle of completing two series right now, " House of Cards","Damages" and binged on "Bloodline" on a rainy sunday several weeks ago..my gawwwwd so glad they are going to have a 2nd year season on that puppy goooood series!!
boifrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boifrnd For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2015, 01:18 AM   #56
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I couldn't get into Bloodline. I love Daredevil. Currently watching Charmed to put me to sleep.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:34 PM   #57
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boifrnd View Post
In the middle of completing two series right now, " House of Cards","Damages" and binged on "Bloodline" on a rainy sunday several weeks ago..my gawwwwd so glad they are going to have a 2nd year season on that puppy goooood series!!
I really liked the first season of House Of Cards, enjoyed the second as well but not as much. I'm almost afraid to watch season 3.

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2015, 02:21 AM   #58
boifrnd

How Do You Identify?:
butch

boifrnd Has the BEST Reputationboifrnd Has the BEST Reputationboifrnd Has the BEST Reputationboifrnd Has the BEST Reputationboifrnd Has the BEST Reputationboifrnd Has the BEST Reputationboifrnd Has the BEST Reputationboifrnd Has the BEST Reputationboifrnd Has the BEST Reputationboifrnd Has the BEST Reputationboifrnd Has the BEST Reputation
Default lol

I don't know if I really like House of Cards or not lol...the story pulls me in but the acting kinda bugs me some...so far Im still intrigued enuff to complete the first season...

[/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofSmirks View Post
I really liked the first season of House Of Cards, enjoyed the second as well but not as much. I'm almost afraid to watch season 3.
boifrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:20 PM   #59
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I'm watching so (too) many shows on Netflix. If it werent for football, Id totally cancel my cable...

Last night I watched an odd show, Strange Empire. Its interesting and since I was unable to sleep I watched 3 or 4 episodes...

Ive also started watching Bomb Girls and Twin Peaks again. Longmire is by far my favorite of late..

Ive also been craving action flicks...I so love me some Netflix..
Old 09-15-2015, 09:04 PM   #60
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

I binged on The Last Tango in Halifax last weekend. excellent, waiting for season 3
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote